LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

The Best Mock Draft to Date

With 12 picks so far, it's hard to predict how many picks the team will end up making or trading away. Here is a 7 player mock with players that I like.

As for free agency, I think we sign the following players. I think we make a run for Bruce Irvin, but will not get into a bidding war with a team that will overpay for him.

1. Marvin Jones
2. Coby Fleener
3. Malik Jackson
4. Mitchell Schwartz

I think we kick Anthony Davis inside to RG if Schwartz is signed.

Round 1 - Andrew Billings, DT - Baylor
If the niners want to get back to Championship football on defense, it starts with stopping the run. Andrew Billings is probably the strongest player in the draft with surprising quickness that should allow him to play on all 3 downs. I think he can be Vince Wilfork 2.0 with a little more pass rush ability. Plus he will be cheaper and has a higher ceiling than Ian Williams.

Round 2- Le'Raven Clark, OT - Texas Tech
Traits over production is often used in the scouting community. With over 36 inch arm length and almost 11 inch hands, Clark brings size and physicality to the offensive line. His tape is not ideal, but part of that can be blamed on the techniques he was asked to play in the Texas Tech offensive scheme. OTs with his length do not last long, so this may be a trade back into the first round pick.

Round 3 - Bronson Kaufusi, DE - BYU
Many people predict him playing 3-4 DE, but I think he is very similar to Aaron Lynch. Get him right around 260-270 pounds, and he and Aaron Lynch will be hard to block on the outside. Former basketball player and coaches sons are a plus.

Round 4 - Jatavis Brown LB - Toledo
Sleeper pick and one of my favorite prospects. Wears number 53 (wore #1 this year) and looks like our #53. Physical, downhill linebacker. Just needs to add weight for the pro game. I think he sits behind Hodges early, but will push him for playing time in training camp. Should be a special teams standout. 2 time All-Mac first team. 2015 MAC defensive player of the year.

Round 4 - Vernon Adams, QB - Oregon
Vernon Adams is a mix of Russell Wilson and BJ Daniels. Just seems like an elusive, competive qb with all the skills to run a Chip Kelly offense. Gamer.

Round 4 - Kelvin Taylor, RB - Florida
Explosive 1-cut runner with good vision. Perfect for the spread zone scheme runs. Son of former pro browl running back Fred Taylor.

Round 5 - Alex Mccalister, DE - Florida
Undersized pass rusher, but he can rush from anywhere. If he can add weight, he could challenge Eli Harold for playing time. He should definitely knock Corey Lemonier off the roster.

Round 5 - Jakeem Rutland/Tyler Ervin/Kenyan Drake
Either one of these players could play a Darren Sproles role in the offense, while adding kick/punt return value.

Round 6 - D'haquille (Duke) Williams, WR - Auburn
Physical receiver with good enough speed to separate. Good blocker. Character concerns. #1 Wide receiver ability. Dominated his first year in the SEC in Gus Malzahn's offense which is similiar to Chip Kelly's. Torched an Alabama secondary in the 2014 Iron bowl with a bad knee. Nice catch radius and can make some highlight-reel catches as shown below. I'm a huge Alabama fan. He will be a steal this late in the draft!

Round 7 - Chris Swain, FB - Navy
FB in Navy offense but with RB movement skills for NFL conversion. Should compete for a roster spot as another power back to add to Carlos Hyde. At the very least, he will be a quality practice squad candidate.

I expect the team to add another middle round lineman and CB for competition with the other picks, but wanted to focus more on specific players that I definitely think they will target.
[ Edited by CountryNiner on Jan 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM ]
Overkill IMO. Rather than drafting Billings, I'd love to see Ian signed. That frees up that 1st. When Davis comes back we're set at OT. That negates the need for another OT in the 2nd.

Use those picks elsewhere and we're on to something. I think Baalke will fight to land a stud OG in either FA or the draft. Tiller and Kilgore will be front runner me for the other 2 spots.
I say resign Ian WIlliams, and draft D. Buckner with the number 7 pick. Having a front 3 of Armstead-Williams-Buckner would be awesome, and very young. Hopefully we would have signed a good pass rushing OLB to pair with Lynch in FA before the draft. If we haven't, then OLB becomes the next biggest need for me in the draft.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I say resign Ian WIlliams, and draft D. Buckner with the number 7 pick. Having a front 3 of Armstead-Williams-Buckner would be awesome, and very young. Hopefully we would have signed a good pass rushing OLB to pair with Lynch in FA before the draft. If we haven't, then OLB becomes the next biggest need for me in the draft.

He has us signing Malik, which I think would be a smart move that allows us to get a starter and spent d the 1st on another starter.
Ian is good but I think Billings can be elite. He doesn't have to come off the field on 3rd down and most importantly he is cheaper and should provide similiar production as Ian Williams as a rookie. I think there is a reason why Williams hasn't been signed. I'm all for keeping Williams at the right price and going elsewhere with this pick but I want an elite player with elite traits at #7. Myles Jack or Buckner would be my alternate pick, but I like Jatavis Brown that much. Think he could be as good as Jack.

In this league you can't have enough tackles with legitimate pass pro ability. Anthony Davis has always been a better run blocker, that's why I like him at RG with Tiller at LG and Kilgore at C. With Staley and Schwartz as the bookends, you have two massive yet athletic tackles in Trenton Brown and Le'raven Clark as the backups and future starters. Most important that will knock Erik Pears off the roster! I think a fair assessment of our qbs can not be made until we address our OL play.
[ Edited by CountryNiner on Jan 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone