LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Mock offseason by sfbuckeye

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm pretty sure you could fit a couple more Ohio State players in there

It can't hurt to have 4 or 5 champs on the roster. Thomas starts, Apple would be our number 1 CB, Washington pushes tank Williams off the roster and Miller and Marshall push Patton and Ellington off the roster. They both sucks competition makes the team better. Miller and Marshall bring speed and playmaking ability we haven't had!
Can we get Urban Meyer for DC?
Originally posted by Baylor:
Sign Robert Griffin III
1st round- Andrew Billings Dt Baylor
2nd round- Corey Coleman Wr Baylor
3rd round- Spencer Drango T Baylor
4th round- Shawn Oakman LE Baylor
Trade 5th for Brice Petty QB Baylor
Hire Mike Singletary as D coordinator

... Just gonna let Josh Gordon stay on the Browns. Give up some draft picks for that guy!
Originally posted by English:
With Manning on his last legs why would Denver let Osweiler go? And why would the Browns give us 2 third rounders for Kaepernick, right now? Why would we trade down in the first this year, when we need an impact player. And we need him this year, not next year. Sorry but your first round looks like 2004 to me. I would absolutely hate it.

They would give up a 3rd and a conditional 3rd depending on how well cap plays. Believe it or not Broncos got Cap problems and a lot of free agents. Their not going to let Von Miller or Malik Jackson go. Someone is going to hit the market. As for why we would trade down getting Jaylon smith would be worth the wait we aren't winning the Super Bowl next year. But 2 years from now with smith and a good draft we could
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
16 draft picks plus all those Free Agent signings equal a lot of newbies not making the team. I think I counted about 59 players on that depth chart.

I'm talking about getting rid of the guys that are wasting our time, Patton, Ellington, Simpson, Lemonier, tank Williams, Dewey, or at least making them compete for their spots, we've got nothing from Patton except for penalties and an occasional catch. It's ok to be 3 or 4 deep at wr. You guys are looking at these guys like they can't be cut or traded. As for drafting to many Buckeyes bite me their champs!
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Wow, some glad your not our GM>

None of us would make a good GM we are all just speculating for fun. Balke probably won't draft more than 1 or 2 players we ever heard of before he does it every year. Don't tell me you were cheering when we drafted Tartt last year. Lighten up this is just for fun. Most people will bash whoever u put in your draft too because it don't have your favorite players!
16 draft picks plus all those Free Agent signings equal a lot of newbies not making the team. I think I counted about 59 players on that depth chart.

Well I'm assuming these guys compete for spots and we trade 2 or 3 like we do every year. Each of my buckeyes will beat out someone on our roster.

Terrible!!!
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

I'm talking about getting rid of the guys that are wasting our time, Patton, Ellington, Simpson, Lemonier, tank Williams, Dewey, or at least making them compete for their spots, we've got nothing from Patton except for penalties and an occasional catch. It's ok to be 3 or 4 deep at wr. You guys are looking at these guys like they can't be cut or traded. As for drafting to many Buckeyes bite me their champs!

ex-champs but Patton came on strong with limited opportunities. We have yet to see him or Ellington in an offensive system that is better than "poor". They were both fighting for targets in a run first system. I agree on Simpson, Lemon and Devey. Ian Williams was arguable the 2nd best defensive player last year. He was healthy all year and should certainly be re-signed.
You guys are right I should have substituted Taylor Decker for Smith in round 1! He played right tackle for 2 years before switching. We can play him there until Staley retires. The Braxton Miller might be playing him self into round 2. Read his reports from the senior bowl on eleven warriors. I really think if we could draft 7 or 8 of the Buckeyes it would put us in the playoffs. Imagine putting Decker in at right tackle late in round 1, then taking darron Lee at ILB and Eli Apple in round 2, Adolphus Washington and Braxton Miller in round 3, Joshua Perry and Jalin Marshall in round 4, Nick Vannet and Tyvis Powell in round 5, tell me that wouldn't be a great draft. Look how many Buckeyes from 2014 ended up starting for teams, these guys are even better. You guys must all be from Michigan!

You guys are right I should have substituted Taylor Decker for Smith in round 1! He played right tackle for 2 years before switching. We can play him there until Staley retires. The Braxton Miller might be playing him self into round 2. Read his reports from the senior bowl on eleven warriors. I really think if we could draft 7 or 8 of the Buckeyes it would put us in the playoffs. Imagine putting Decker in at right tackle late in round 1, then taking darron Lee at ILB and Eli Apple in round 2, Adolphus Washington and Braxton Miller in round 3, Joshua Perry and Jalin Marshall in round 4, Nick Vannet and Tyvis Powell in round 5, tell me that wouldn't be a great draft. Look how many Buckeyes from 2014 ended up starting for teams, these guys are even better. You guys must all be from Michigan!

Go Big Blue! Harbaugh walks on water imo
Guys make their own opportunities they don't wait around for someone to die and take their place. If Patton and Ellington were good enough they would be playing more. We don't have to give the, 4 years to prove themselves. They have to make the coaches play them. The only spots we should not be looking to improve on is bowman and staley. We don't owe these guys 4 years to improve or make plays.
Hey I just wish we could justify taking Elliot he's the next Tomlinson in my opinion! He and Hyde would be an unstoppable 1/2 punch'
Hey I just wish we could justify taking Elliot he's the next Tomlinson in my opinion! He and Hyde would be an unstoppable 1/2 punch'

Yeah and Ahmad Plummer should have #29 retired with the niners!
Tank Williams we've waited on for years and a fifth round pick beat him out! Players make plays and force their way into the lineup. They show in practice that their ready to make plays. Even if we don't take these specific players we need to bring in people to challenge them for a spot. Antonio Brown was the 4th wr in Pittsburg he forced his way in the lineup by making plays and took a starters job. Patton and Ellington are not future pro bowlers or they would be playing more. I think Balke will trade down but if he doesn't I think we should go Treadwell and even if we do I still think Braxton Miller or Jalin Marshall are going to be play making studs. Of course that means there's no way in hell Balke is going to draft either one of them. He's absolutely horrible at drafting pass catchers. From watching highloghts I think Rogers is going to be a steal maybe even win a starting job but that was Kelly not Balke idea.
Share 49ersWebzone