LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Who is the best ILB in the draft for the 49ers?

Who is the best ILB in the draft for the 49ers?

That's my boy Voch's video!!! He does really good work analyzing the draft. Has a solid football background and very technical in his analysis.

Watch that video and you'll see why Myles Jack is my favorite player in the draft.
Originally posted by Heroism:
That's my boy Voch's video!!! He does really good work analyzing the draft. Has a solid football background and very technical in his analysis.

Watch that video and you'll see why Myles Jack is my favorite player in the draft.

Exactly. His videos are awesome. Great insight. I don't think the guys who want Jaylon over Myles understand how differently the two guys shed blockers.
Jaylon gets blown up almost all the time but Myles takes on blockers like a battering ram
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 10h10 hours ago Reggie Ragland is a good player but lacks the speed and athleticism to warrant 1st round. Helped by 'Bama's great D-Line. Will run in 4.7's
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 10h10 hours ago Reggie Ragland is a good player but lacks the speed and athleticism to warrant 1st round. Helped by 'Bama's great D-Line. Will run in 4.7's

i dont really care about that if youre not asking him to drop in coverage he can single handedly make your run D stout
Originally posted by harryj:
i dont really care about that if youre not asking him to drop in coverage he can single handedly make your run D stout

The thing is...with the way the NFL is trending, you need your ILBs to drop back into coverage. You can find a 2 down thumper in later rounds. If you draft an ILB in the Top 10, he'd better be a capable, complete 3 down player.
Lots of love for Lee and some for Perry

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/700157895439052800
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/700174969670533120

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/700177601793433601
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Exactly. His videos are awesome. Great insight. I don't think the guys who want Jaylon over Myles understand how differently the two guys shed blockers.
Jaylon gets blown up almost all the time but Myles takes on blockers like a battering ram

He jacks people up.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Feb 18, 2016 at 8:15 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I hope they don't go ILB till maybe the second day of the draft. I wanna see Hodges get the chance to grow with Bowman. But if Baalke has a chance to take Kentrell Brothers I'd like to see him over Hodges. Tyler Matakevich would be my target in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I hope they don't go ILB till maybe the second day of the draft. I wanna see Hodges get the chance to grow with Bowman. But if Baalke has a chance to take Kentrell Brothers I'd like to see him over Hodges. Tyler Matakevich would be my target in the 3rd round.

Would you still feel that way if Wentz and Goff are both gone by the 7th pick, while Jack is still available?
I get what kolohe is saying, but I believe Myles Jack will have a luke kuechly type impact on whichever teams takes him. He's that special of an athlete and a football player. His tape blows my mind every time I revisit it.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran

The thing is...with the way the NFL is trending, you need your ILBs to drop back into coverage. You can find a 2 down thumper in later rounds. If you draft an ILB in the Top 10, he'd better be a capable, complete 3 down player.

Agreed. Need to some away with somebody special in the top 10. Jack and Smith would be excellent in that regard.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Would you still feel that way if Wentz and Goff are both gone by the 7th pick, while Jack is still available?

Depends on who is there, if DeForest Buckner is there that would take some time to decide, maybe till the last second of the clock.

If they were gone then I'd be down with either Spence, Buckner, Jack or Stanley.

This^^

then go Buckner or Spence...pass rush IMO is much more important than ILB
Share 49ersWebzone