LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Who is the best ILB in the draft for the 49ers?

Who is the best ILB in the draft for the 49ers?

Best in the draft? Jaylon Smith
Best potential? Myles Jack
Best for the 49ers? Ragland
Originally posted by Since07:
Best in the draft? Jaylon Smith
Best potential? Myles Jack

If Ragland can't cover at an elite level than he is not the best fit for us. Jack is the ILB that we need but DE and pass rush are bigger needs IMO
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Feb 14, 2016 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Since07:

Yeah, let's have two liabilities in coverage over the middle. Good idea.

Myles Jack is the best in the draft. watch the tape. Dude is a bully out on the field.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah, let's have two liabilities in coverage over the middle. Good idea.

Myles Jack is the best in the draft. watch the tape. Dude is a bully out on the field.

Myles Jack maybe the best in the draft but he doesn't fit our defense as well as Ragland would. Myles jack would be best suited for the mike role which bowman currently is in as Ragland would play the ted. He might not be best to cover a TE but I don't see why he couldn't develope zone coverage skills or even man on the RB; you want to use the word "Bully" that's exactly what Ragland is and it's something that the 9ers are missing.
Smith is best for what we need in my opinion.
Gimme Scooby Doo Wright
Ultimately, I'd still prefer that SF give Gerald Hodges a legit look as the answer next to Bowman instead of spending a top pick on ILB.

Still to answer.. I still respect Bowman's coverage skill at this point, and he holds the POA just fine. I'd rather a trio of bulked up DL absorbing OL while the LBs possess range and coverage skills in this pass-heavy NFL.

Have to go with Myles Jack. Besides.. he has a cool name!
I wonder if this becomes moot (in terms of using a high draft pick) with Tartt possibly taking more snaps at LB
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Ultimately, I'd still prefer that SF give Gerald Hodges a legit look as the answer next to Bowman instead of spending a top pick on ILB.
This
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
If Ragland can't cover at an elite level than he is not the best fit for us. Jack is the ILB that we need but DE and pass rush are bigger needs IMO

This. Above all else at ILB they need a guy that can cover well.

Both Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack are outstanding players...however, I like Jack's size a lot. He's very close to Willis' measurables. And if he's half the pro Patrick was, Bowman will have a great partner at ILB.
I'm thinking Myles is the pick, but if we can trade back and still get Jaylon, that's the move.

If we see Trent move back about 5 spots and grab another 3rd, I thin Jaylon and Spence are the targets.
How about all 3????
A healthy smith would be the best fit for us IMO...Jack is a stud too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
A healthy smith would be the best fit for us IMO...Jack is a stud too.

Hey, please check out this video and let me know if you still value Jaylon the same. To me he looks like a better fit in a 4-3 defense and jack is a 3-4 ILB, IMHO.

Can you see how differently they take on Blockers? Or am I wrong on this one?

Just look at the 17:30 mark of that video!!
[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone