LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Kuya's Mock Draft 1.0

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I agree in regards to the 2nd pick... unless we're trying to cut ties with sorry ass Staley, then drafting another OT would not be wise.. that's just crowding the department and may force us to cut one of the younger guys..

I would have graded your draft higher had you gone..

1) OT - Staley

2) ILB - Craven or Brothers

3) DL - Oakman

4) WR/CB
I like this idea of shoring up the Oline.. I dont think there is such a thing as overkill at the Oline position...

Just ask Tom Brady yesterday..

I like Kaufusi too. I think he could be a stud.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Kaufusi would be a gem in 2nd round..
I agree that we need to beef up and improve the OL as a top priority, so I like it for that reason alone!

In all seriousness, 1 OT & 1 G in the first 3 rounds along with a LB (I or O depending on how it unfolds - we need both) and I'm fairly happy. May change priorities depending on the FA signings.
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Jan 25, 2016 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Stanley would play RT and Shon Coleman would go against Anthony Davis to fight for Right Guard
I have NO PROBLEM taking that many o-linemen that high, however, not Stanley. He's going to be above average, but not an all pro. Think of Jeff Backus. As a Notre Dame fan, I don't see the big deal about him.
Nice mock! Way to beef our o line up!
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Staley is overrated. Not saying he's trash or anything, just not as good as some make him out to be.
I like the DL guys, but NT is still a position that needs upgrading. I don't think Ian Williams is the answer there...I really like Oakman's teammate, Andrew Billings. One possible solution in FA is Jets' NT Damon Harrison. He's an absolute beast vs the run, a skill anyone anchoring our DL really has to have. With Anthony Davis looking like he's coming back, drafting two OT's at #1 and #2 is overkill. A top flight OG and a big WR who can run are two things Kelly will have Baalke looking hard for. Also need to draft a QB to groom.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I like the DL guys, but NT is still a position that needs upgrading. I don't think Ian Williams is the answer there...I really like Oakman's teammate, Andrew Billings. One possible solution in FA is Jets' NT Damon Harrison. He's an absolute beast vs the run, a skill anyone anchoring our DL really has to have. With Anthony Davis looking like he's coming back, drafting two OT's at #1 and #2 is overkill. A top flight OG and a big WR who can run are two things Kelly will have Baalke looking hard for. Also need to draft a QB to groom.

If they're there, Colemon or Ifedi would be my choices to play guard at the top of the second round (probably Ifedi because he played the position at a high level in college, is almost 3 years younger, and has very long arms). There aren't any guards worth that pick in my opinion. Agree that we don't need to pick offensive linemen with our first 2 picks if Davis is coming back, but I can't see us taking Billings either. He's projected to go mid-late first and we have much bigger needs than NT (Ian Williams was one of our best defensive players this year). An ILB who can play in coverage (Jack, Smith, Lee), 3-4 DE (Buckner, Robinson, Nkemdiche), pass rusher (Spence, Ogbah), or cornerback (Ramsey, Hargreaves, Alexander, Apple) are more likely if we go defense round one.

Share 49ersWebzone