5.Cyrus Jones,CB,Alabama
5.Mike Matthews,C,Texas A&M
5.Jakeem Grant,WR,Texas Tech
6.Trae Elston,S,Ole Miss
6.Vicent Valentine,DT,Nebraska
6.Darion Griswold,TE,Arkansas St
6.Silverberry Mouhon,DE,Cincinnati
[ Edited by Goldblooded49ers on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:41 PM ]
I think we don't have this much 5th and 6th round picks. I also think that Baalke is most likely to get Irvin than Hali because he tried to get Irvin in the draft. I don't see the 49ers cutting Brock.
Originally posted by Goldblooded49ers:
Cut:
Ahmad Brooks,OLB
Eric Pears,OT
Jerome Simpson,WR
Anthoine Bethea,S
Tramaine Brock,CB

Resign:
Phil Dawson,K
Ian Williams,NT

Free Agency:
Tamba Hali,OLB
Coby Fleener,TE
Kelechi Osemele,G
Malik Jackson,DE

Draft:
1.Mackensie Alexander,CB,Clemson
2.kentrell Brothers,ILB,Missouri
3.Joshua Garnett,G,Stanford
4.Derunnya wilson,WR,Mississippi St
4.Josh Ferguson,RB,Illinois
5.Cyrus Jones,CB,Alabama
5.Mike Matthews,C,Texas A&M
5.Jakeem Grant,WR,Texas Tech
6.Trae Elston,S,Ole Miss
6.Vicent Valentine,DT,Nebraska
6.Darion Griswold,TE,Arkansas State
6.Silverberry Mouhon,DE,Cincinnati

Dump Brock? NO
Re-sign Dawson? NO *Kickers are a crutch*

There will be better players on the board at #7
I watched every game this year from the first quarter to the fourth every minute of the 49ers games no matter how stressful and painful it was to watch are team be so Terrible. Tramaine brock was one of the worst players on are defense and Dawson was one of the the best on are offense so that why I say we should cut brock and Resign Dawson.
[ Edited by Goldblooded49ers on Jan 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM ]
Other than an aging Hali, I dont see any real pass rush help. I think its reasonable to expect a pass rusher fairly early in the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 23, 2016 at 9:31 PM ]
Mackensie Alexander is overated, has stiff hips and will most likely get dominated by the nfl's shiftiest receivers before settling into his role as a team's #2 cornerback
Originally posted by Goldblooded49ers:
I watched every game this year from the first quarter to the fourth every minute of the 49ers games no matter how stressful and painful it was to watch are team be so Terrible. Tramaine brock was one of the worst players on are defense and Dawson was one of the the best on are offense so that why I say we should cut brock and Resign Dawson.

You watched every minute of every game? Ok, welcome to Niner football.

I disagree with your assessment on Brock. However, I too agree that Dawson should resign.

...and Griswold played for AState not Arkansas.
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:15 PM ]
I don't know anything about any of those guys but I like their names so
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM ]
I would keep Bethea and Brock, everyone has a down year, but mostly cause I think Magini didn't put them in the right position to win. I thought Dawson as a kicker was clutch, yes he's old and cheaper could be got but a new guy he hasn't served as a pro in a clutch game is well...chancy to find out if he is going to choke.

I do like Kelichi and Malik as that would allow us to not have to draft DL or OG in the early rounds and consider BPA for ilb, wr or OT.

Also not a fan of the first two picks as they are not worthy of those positions CB is weak this year and their are more players available who could impact the niners more.
[ Edited by WildBill on Jan 24, 2016 at 12:39 AM ]
Boldin? Boone?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Boldin? Boone?

I would resign Boone if he doesn't want outlandish money. He is a known quantity and I feel a little better scheming could make him look better again, not to mention that he can play multiple positions. Depends on what we do in FA or plan to do in the draft.
Why is the defensive backfield getting so much help and the O line so little? I think Baalke will emphasise pass rush and the D line much more.
Don't like that draft but at least you are the only one that got our Pick selections right
Originally posted by English:
Why is the defensive backfield getting so much help and the O line so little? I think Baalke will emphasise pass rush and the D line much more.

I think we draft 2 or 3 offensive linemen (plus at least two free agent signings)
LOL love the name of the thread. But it's sooooooo true! Baalke tries to get too cute and ends up shooting himself in the foot many times. Just stay with BPA approach and draft accordingly.
Share 49ersWebzone