LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 186 users in the forums

With the first pick, what position do you think Baalke will go after based on his strategy

This offense has been unwatchable since Mooch got fired. Drafting Treadwell will be a step to fixing it. Screw Myles Jack I'm confident Baalke will find a solid LB in the later rounds,
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There are good arguments for Buckner, Jack, etc...but I think it's more important to beef up the front 3 first...because if you don't it won't matter nearly as much who you pick to play behind them. The strength of the Niner defense was it's front 3 not long ago...but, it's all changed now. I think Armstead should probably start in 2016, but the others need upgrading. Ian Williams is a good player, but I don't see him as ever being dominant. Between Dial, Carradine and the rest, nobody really stands out. It's possible Baalke can bring in a vet, maybe two to upgrade. Even if he does, the guy I'd love to see him grab early is A'Shawn Robinson. Dude is big, strong, quick and can play both NT and DE. We've got to get back to a dominant front 3, and now's the time to do it.

Do you think A'Shawn Robinson is better than Robert Nkemdiche and DeForest Buckner?
A qb( Goff, lynch or wentz) or Treadwell
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Care to elaborate?

I doubt he makes it out of the top 5. Bosa, Tunsil & maybe Stanley go ahead of him, but I don't see any other non-QBs going ahead of him. JMHO.
Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Do you think A'Shawn Robinson is better than Robert Nkemdiche and DeForest Buckner?

I don't think he is. He's about as good as you're going to get against the run, but Robinson doesn't collapse the pocket like the other two IMO. And he didn't really have to that much playing next to Allen & Reed. Still a great player, but Nkemdiche is on another stratosphere IMO. And Buckner has pass-rush skills & amazing upside (like people say Armstead does, but I don't know..).
We have way too much money to use wisely before we get to the draft. Baalke already said he won't splurge but whatever we do with that first can change the draft strategy quite a bit.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There are good arguments for Buckner, Jack, etc...but I think it's more important to beef up the front 3 first...because if you don't it won't matter nearly as much who you pick to play behind them. The strength of the Niner defense was it's front 3 not long ago...but, it's all changed now. I think Armstead should probably start in 2016, but the others need upgrading. Ian Williams is a good player, but I don't see him as ever being dominant. Between Dial, Carradine and the rest, nobody really stands out. It's possible Baalke can bring in a vet, maybe two to upgrade. Even if he does, the guy I'd love to see him grab early is A'Shawn Robinson. Dude is big, strong, quick and can play both NT and DE. We've got to get back to a dominant front 3, and now's the time to do it.

Ian Williams is pretty Damn good man I think you might be underestimating his ability!
Originally posted by English:
Pretty much agree. Partly I think it depends on who slips and where he sees the value. But D line seems very likely, or an OLB pass rusher. Defensive backfield less likely IMO, it isn't generally in a bad shape and if the D line and pass rush are working well they won't have to stay on their receivers that long. ILB maybe, and I think we should be filling the O line needs out of FA.

So it largely depends on if someone drops and whether they feel they need a 1st round QB. If I had to guess I would go DE.

I agree. I think it's probably de with Buckner bc that helps out our cbs with more pass rush. I have a feeling Dallas takes Jack bc Sean lee is always injured. So that leaves us with possibly the best cb if jax doesn't take him, best wr or Buckner. I really want a great wr but chip might make all our wrs a lot better with his scheme and play calling.

I hope we get a fa ol and at ilb d Johnson or Danny t from the Broncos.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by hashtagnumber80:
Out of the realm of possibility to use our stable of picks to package deals for Treadwell and then Jack later in the 1st? Or vice versa? That would be a home run.

Neither of them will be available later in the first.

We will be lucky if Jack is there at 7 and Treadwell will go in the top 12.
Unless you're planning on giving up future picks, then yes, this is extremely unlikely. We'd have to offer our picks in rounds 2-7 to move up to ~8-10 to draft Treadwell and I don't see that happening. As much as people like to talk about the # of picks we have, our extra picks in rounds 4-6 aren't worth a heck of a lot.

Pipe dream I know :/ And tbh I still dont see us going WR at 7. Which is fine by me.

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
We have way too much money to use wisely before we get to the draft. Baalke already said he won't splurge but whatever we do with that first can change the draft strategy quite a bit.

This. Alot can happen in FA. (Doesn't necessarily mean it will with Baalke in charge.) You might very well just go ahead and select BPA, whoever is #7 on your draft board, and not regret it. A lot of needs on the roster.
[ Edited by hashtagnumber80 on Jan 23, 2016 at 5:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone