There are 179 users in the forums

With the first pick, what position do you think Baalke will go after based on his strategy

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ronnie Stanley, DeForest Buckner or Myles Jack.

This

Unless something crazy happens.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Myles Jack
Myles Jack so we can have a rebirth of p willy Bowman 2.0 we are running on 6 cylinders in a v10.. that LB makes This defense go.. we can do it! I was thinking Jaylon Smith but... hesmh 2 years out from being productive due to horrific injury
[ Edited by pho_t_9er on Jan 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
Myles Jack so we can have a rebirth of p willy Bowman 2.0 we are running on 6 cylinders in a v10.. that LB makes This defense go.. we can do it! I was thinking Jaylon Smith but... hesmh 2 years out from being productive due to horrific injury

That's never stopped Baalke before.
Out of the realm of possibility to use our stable of picks to package deals for Treadwell and then Jack later in the 1st? Or vice versa? That would be a home run.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I would love for the team to be sold on one of these QBs and draft one early, but short of that, I liken what Greg Cosell said on the radio last week, with the amount of plays the defense plays on Chip Kelly coached teams, it is important to have defensive depth. You have to draft defense.
Originally posted by hashtagnumber80:
Out of the realm of possibility to use our stable of picks to package deals for Treadwell and then Jack later in the 1st? Or vice versa? That would be a home run.

Neither of them will be available later in the first.

We will be lucky if Jack is there at 7 and Treadwell will go in the top 12. Unless you're planning on giving up future picks, then yes, this is extremely unlikely. We'd have to offer our picks in rounds 2-7 to move up to ~8-10 to draft Treadwell and I don't see that happening. As much as people like to talk about the # of picks we have, our extra picks in rounds 4-6 aren't worth a heck of a lot.

Not necessarily in that order, but an accurate list.
Originally posted by buhda:
Myles Jack

Probably won't be there.
Jack or Ramsey

Wouldn't be surprised if Baalke takes Treadwell there at 7.

Buckner would be an amazing pick at 7
You think Baalke would go after another de with a first round pick? Well he did do this with Reid and ward but I'm not so sure this year if he wants to get chip a shiny new big name wr in treadwell to help that offense go or if he is drafting Jack that way our run d is a top unit again and good at covering tes.

I really don't know if that CB is that good. Is he a better prospect than the other top name picks being mentioned?
It just sucks that there is probably no Patrick Peterson in this years draft bc we haven't had a great CB really since Deion. Would be nice.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 23, 2016 at 4:55 AM ]
We also haven't had a great wr since Owens.

Dam that's almost 15 years since having a great wr and 20 since a great CB.

Chip better make this offense top 10 if he did top 5 with f**king foles and top 12 with s**tty Bradford. We have a very good rb and an average wr and te core but the ol better step up (thank you a Davis get your fat ass on the treadmill)
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 23, 2016 at 4:58 AM ]

Originally posted by elguapo:
You think Baalke would go after another de with a first round pick? Well he did do this with Reid and ward but I'm not so sure this year if he wants to get chip a shiny new big name wr in treadwell to help that offense go or if he is drafting Jack that way our run d is a top unit again and good at covering tes.

I really don't know if that CB is that good. Is he a better prospect than the other top name picks being mentioned?

If they don't address DE in FA, then I could definitely see him taking Buckner. Dude took 3 safeties in the first 2 rounds in three straight years. I don't think he is shy about doubling up on a position and the team needs work in the trenches. If you have Bucker and Armstead on the OL, that goes a long way towards freeing up OLB's to go and wreak havoc on the outside. We already saw Armstead pushing back double teams this year and Buckner is a much more refined, more talented version of him.
Share 49ersWebzone