LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Mock Offseason (v.1) - Draftology

Originally posted by HERN:
Why no Anquan Boldin?

I think he retires or we let him walk. He wasn't happy last year and he has gotten very slow.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I stopped reading after not seeing Pears' name under cut list. Plus no Boldin?

I initially had Pears getting cut, but then had an open spot on the 53, and I'm not going to claim to know much about the lower tier tackles in the FA market. It was just easier to keep him
IMO Boone is as good as gone. IF Davis does come back he's a RT not a RG. I'd rather go after Alex Mack and push Kilgore (who could be a athletic OG) out to LG.We need OGs more than tackles IMO (don't forget about Brown). Also I think Harris is great for Chip's offense. No need to grab another RB in FA.

Brown isn't getting out of Tennessee, if we could come away with Veron, Mack, and Jackson in FA that would be a huge score.

Not sure Garrent and Apple make it to where they are picked but it would be awesome. would love Treadwell think he could be something great with Chip.

overall not a bad mock.
Originally posted by Draftology:
I stopped reading after not seeing Pears' name under cut list. Plus no Boldin?

I initially had Pears getting cut, but then had an open spot on the 53, and I'm not going to claim to know much about the lower tier tackles in the FA market. It was just easier to keep him

Understandable. However he needs to go
I want you guys to take a look at someone I stumbled across this season. Yannick Ngakoue. This kid I think will be something special. Just watch his burst, closing speed and finish.YouTube him and let me know what you see!
https://youtu.be/NIbE2jCi684
Originally posted by NYniner85:
IMO Boone is as good as gone. IF Davis does come back he's a RT not a RG. I'd rather go after Alex Mack and push Kilgore (who could be a athletic OG) out to LG.We need OGs more than tackles IMO (don't forget about Brown). Also I think Harris is great for Chip's offense. No need to grab another RB in FA.

Brown isn't getting out of Tennessee, if we could come away with Veron, Mack, and Jackson in FA that would be a huge score.

Not sure Garrent and Apple make it to where they are picked but it would be awesome. would love Treadwell think he could be something great with Chip.

overall not a bad mock.

I agree if AD comes back, he'll likely be at RT. This is simply what I'd hope would happen.

I actually didn't consider going after Mack and shifting Kilgore. That could be a great call.

And you're right, we may need to trade up if we want either of those guys. However this far out, some guys we think that'll go in the 2nd rd will go in the 6th. Projecting a player to go 10-15 spots later than most people think he'll go isn't completely unrealistic.
I agree if AD comes back, he'll likely be at RT. This is simply what I'd hope would happen.

I actually didn't consider going after Mack and shifting Kilgore. That could be a great call.

And you're right, we may need to trade up if we want either of those guys. However this far out, some guys we think that'll go in the 2nd rd will go in the 6th. Projecting a player to go 10-15 spots later than most people think he'll go isn't completely unrealistic.

i think we may be able to trade AD

he is not a fit for chips offense

we may get a 2nd or 3rd for him
Originally posted by SSF49ers:
1st one to get cut is the kicker we can draft the best college in the 4th. I think we're set at rb hyde, davis, harris. Te we don't need anymore we have Busta anderson, celek, McDonald , bell.we have a davis coming back he's a pro bowl put him at LG sign Mack probowl Center. Put tiller at r and leave Brown at Rt. I like the rest of the fa, we need a wr like Benjamin cleaveland. Cut Patton, brooks, boone, kap,

Why waste a draft pick on a Kicker when we could just bring back Acosta. Kid is good. Proved it last camp and preseason.

Agree
Solid Mock draft but I don't see Anthony Davis moving to Right Guard

I'm going to chime in on Sunday's blog WRT the defensive line...I see you'd sign two DE's and bring back Ian Williams. I'd probably sign one DE (Vernon) and also NT Damon Harrison (Jets). He's a run-stuffer, big-time. I like Williams, but I don't see him as ever being a dominant player. We have no stars on the DL any more and we need some, desperately. Flank Harrison with Armstead and Vernon, now you'd got something going. Before last season, it was unthinkable to have teams pile up the yds on the ground (the Browns game really sticks out) against us. We've got to get back to stuffing the run and a front 3 that pushes the pocket so our pass rushers have a chance to get to the QB. Without that, our pass rushers will continue to struggle and our secondary will have to cover receivers a lot longer than they should have to. I'd also draft A'Shawn Robinson...he's big, quick, strong and used to playing at a championship level. He can play both NT and DE, so that added versatility will give (hopefully) Vrabel more options to work with.

I wouldn't cut DuJuan Harris...his game suits Kelly's offense to a tee. He's very good in open space whether running or receiving the ball. Even if they can sign Starks, Harris would be an excellent change-of-pace guy. I wouldn't cut McDonald, either. When Gabbert took over, he really helped V-Mac find his game...he threw the ball to him, in places he could do some YAC, as opposed to Kap throwing the ball through him. With the ball in his hands, he can be a real terror & he's become a heckuva blocker. Therefore, no need to bring in another TE in FA. I think both Ellington and Patton could become expendable...Ellington might have the best chance to survive, given his KR abilities. They've already signed Eric Rogers, another big WR who can catch and run. Smelter will be back and may end up replacing Boldin...again, a big WR who can run. I'd put him in the slot...he'd be tough to cover. I'd cut Pears...surely they can find a better OL who can play multiple positions.

As for the draft, Treadwell's not a #7 pick, IMHO. If they want to go WR there, Michael Thomas would be the guy. He's got the speed Treadwell doesn't have...and we know Kelly loves big receivers who can really move. My pick at that spot would be A'Shawn Robinson...he's just too good to pass up and is another stud in-the-making. The QB I'd draft is Hogan...he's got size, excellent mobility and the right high-level experience at Stanford. I don't see a pass rusher 'til rd 6. If Baalke beefs up the DL, I'd draft one pretty early.
  • crew
  • Veteran

overall not a bad mock.

Agree on pursuing Alex Mack and resigning Harris. DuJuan is perfect fit for Kelly's offense. I would draft Buckner at #7 if still on the board.
Originally posted by crew:

overall not a bad mock.

Agree on pursuing Alex Mack and resigning Harris. DuJuan is perfect fit for Kelly's offense. I would draft Buckner at #7 if still on the board.

I'd love Buckner at 7 this time last year I didn't think we'd have a chance at drafting him.
Originally posted by harryj:

i think we may be able to trade AD

he is not a fit for chips offense

we may get a 2nd or 3rd for him

lol, wtf?
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
Solid Mock draft but I don't see Anthony Davis moving to Right Guard

me neither
Share 49ersWebzone