• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Gerald Hodges?

totally forgot about him. added him in

Nice mock dude
Curry and Dial ahead of Buckner and AA?
Best offseason mock so far. Great work. I think Vernon is gonna cost more though. A lot of teams hungry for a pass rusher.
Justin...overall, I like your approach a lot. Only thing I might change is at NT...I like Ian Thomas, but he's nowhere near a dominant player. When Harbaugh had Ray Mac and Justin Smith bookending Dorsey or Williams, our DL was one of the best 3-4 fronts in the league. That's all changed now...we don't have any stars on the DL. For that reason, and the fact we have mostly inexperienced DE's, I think the time's come to draft a dominant NT. I love the Buckner pick, but with him Kelly needs a very stout NT to give the front 3 the size and toughness crucial to getting back to being a forceful group. Doing so will give our pass rushers a much better chance of pressuring the QB. It'll also lessen the time our DB's have to cover receivers. A front 3 of Armstead, A'Shawn Robinson (that stud I've been talking about) and Buckner could be good/very good for years to come. Definitely need a few vets to provide depth/stability, but I'm convinced upgrading the DL is critical toward returning the defense to previous greatness.
Oops, meant Ian Williams.
Nice mock but I think your roster needs an upgrade at WR. We need a playmaker on offense.
Good job Justin, but no point in wasting money on a RB like Lamar Miller. We have Hyde, Draughn, Davis, Harris, or we can draft someone late.
bruce miller will be gone
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Justin...overall, I like your approach a lot. Only thing I might change is at NT...I like Ian Thomas, but he's nowhere near a dominant player. When Harbaugh had Ray Mac and Justin Smith bookending Dorsey or Williams, our DL was one of the best 3-4 fronts in the league. That's all changed now...we don't have any stars on the DL. For that reason, and the fact we have mostly inexperienced DE's, I think the time's come to draft a dominant NT. I love the Buckner pick, but with him Kelly needs a very stout NT to give the front 3 the size and toughness crucial to getting back to being a forceful group. Doing so will give our pass rushers a much better chance of pressuring the QB. It'll also lessen the time our DB's have to cover receivers. A front 3 of Armstead, A'Shawn Robinson (that stud I've been talking about) and Buckner could be good/very good for years to come. Definitely need a few vets to provide depth/stability, but I'm convinced upgrading the DL is critical toward returning the defense to previous greatness.

Yeah I hope for a defensive reboot. I just don't see it though. Chip isn't known for dominant defense and I think we take Treadwell and build this O. I like free agency as a place to address defense.
I think we can draft another Willis, or at least a Borland(who would have replaced him ), pair him with Hodges and Wilhoit and we got rotation. Chip can run our defense on and off the field 10x10, but with a nice rotation at CB, S, ILB will help remedy that.

Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Curry and Dial ahead of Buckner and AA?

Leave AA in there, get a RDE in FA..
not sure why Ellington and Reaser are gone. I'd also keep Dorsey, start out on PUP and then is reassurance if one of the other DLmen get hurt early in the season.

And not much of a fan of the acquisitions outside of Mack and Buckner, but if we got those 2 - it would be hard to complain.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I think we can draft another Willis, or at least a Borland(who would have replaced him ), pair him with Hodges and Wilhoit and we got rotation. Chip can run our defense on and off the field 10x10, but with a nice rotation at CB, S, ILB will help remedy that.

I hope to god that Wilhoite is gone
Its very possible to grab Buckner & J. Smith in the first round.
Best mock offseason over seen so far. Most realistic too.
Share 49ersWebzone