There are 170 users in the forums

Ivanm05's Chip Kelly Mock Plan 1.0

I know I'm not the only one when I say that Chip Kelly's hire has invigorated the fanbase with all the possibilities his style of offense could provide for our current players, the free agents we bring in, and the prospects Trent picks during the draft.

For that I would like to share my plan of what the 49ers could do to make the 2016 season more like 2013 and not 2015.

Free Agency:

Resign:
Ian Williams
Phil Dawson
Alex Boone

Cut:
Ahmad Brooks
Corey Lemoneir
Erik Pears
Jerome Simpson
Glenn Dorsey

Market:
OLB - Bruce Irvin - Need more bodies out here alongside Harold and Lynch. I really like how Harold started playing towards the end of the season. I think he's going to be the big surprise on defense next season. But there is no denying Irvin's tenacity in the postion, not to mention you would be making Seattle weaker.

DE Muhammad Wilkerson - Perfect 3-4 Defensive end. Would be great for Armstead's development. You know Baalke is salivating about that wingspand.

CB Morris Claiborne - I think he's worth kicking the tires on. It wouldn't be the first time Trent signs a once 1st round defensive back that's under preformed and turned them into serviceable (even probowl) players. Small risk, big reward. Plus he's really young and it could help him playing along Reid, an ex teammate at LSU.

TE Coby Fleener - I think he could be a nice addition. I'm still on the fence about McDonald and Fleener could fill a Zach Ertz type role in our offense. Zach Ertz was the one that took over him afterall at Stanford.

OL Mitchell Shwartz - We could use a lot of solid offensive line players. If Defilippo comes in as OC,I think SF would be a perfect landing spot for him but Hue Jakcson miught have a lot to say about that.

WR Mohammed Sanu - I like him taking over the Anquan Boldin/Michael Crabtree role. Strong receiver with sure hands, catching things underneath. I think he's been largely overshadowed by AJ green and Marvin Jones.

Other candidates: WR Alshon Jeffrey. RB Lamar Miller. I like these players but i just dont think we'll have much chance of getting them.

2016 NFL DRAFT

Round 1

Ronnie Stanley - OL - ND - I think our weakest part of the roster is the oline and we need to address it early. Plus, we have to already start thinking about Joe Staley's replacement and I like Stanley a lot.

Round 2

Josh Doctson - WR - TCU - If not for his wrist injury i believe he would have been a 1st round pick, maybe even top 15 pick. I think he would be the perfect receiver for Chips system. A lot in the Jordan Matthews mold but just much better.

Round 3

William Jackson III - CB - Houston - Big Corner. Athletic. Physical.

Round 4

Scooby Wright III - ILB - Arizona - I like Hodges but we need another ILB and i think Wright will be there in the 4th just ripe for the picking.

Dak Prescott - QB - Mississippi State - Chip finds his qb to groom behind Kap/Blaine. N ormally I wouldn't like a qb like Dak but in Chip's system I think he would be really really good.

Round 5

Josh Ferguson - RB - Illinois - I really like this guy in Chips System. I could see him occupying a Darren Sproles type role in Chips system. Look at what he can do in open space. Now my ideal player to play that rolein chips system would be Chris Mccaffrey from Stanford, but i'll have to wait for that haha.

Anthony Zettel - DE - Penn State. Like this guy a lot. He's not the Cowboy but he has a lot of potential.

Maliek Collins - DT - Nebraska - He's Nasty.

Round 6

Jordan Williams - WR - Ball State - Makes tough, contested catches. I like him a lot. Big physical.

David Morgan II - TE - UTSA - I like this guy a lot. He lines up as a receiver. Can block.

Dadi Lhomme Nicolas - OLB - VTech - Long athletic linebacker. Coulkd add a little more weight, but I like his tenacity.

Keenan Reynolds - RB - Navy - This guy is just electric. No denying that. I wouldn't mind throwing a flyer on him as a running back now that he declared hes going to convert into a runningback. Chip could really be creative with this guy.

Just imagine Kaepernick pulling from Hyde and then pitching it to Reynolds who has the threat to throw it downfield to Torrey who should be wide open by then.

I don't see Scooby being in the 4th. It all will depend on his combine.
Who's playing OG?? It's almost a given Davis will be back and we need OG not tackles IMO.

Wilk is gonna get tag not sure why people keep putting him in mocks. Scooby will be gone in 4th ( but I do like) and I think doc doesn't make it to us in the 2nd but who knows

It would be awesome if it went down like this but doesn't seem likely
Really love the 1st 3 picks 4 sur
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Well he's projected to be there a 3rd round pick. And what's beautiful about picking in the top 10 is that you get a great shot of picking up all those players who slip a bit. Of course this all falls on the combine... and not just for scooby, but for all the players. There's going to be a lot of rising and dipping.
I don't see us taking this may FAs especially because most of them are the top FAs in their positions. Also we already have Stanley, Tiller, Kilgore, AD and Brown so why we would spend a high draft pick and hire 2 top OL free agents?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

......or Maliek Collins on the 5th. Still, hit most of the positions of need except OG. Still a nice mock.
I like the Prescott pick. I share the same thoughts as you Ivan, I didn't care for him as a selection for us until after we hired Chip. If next season is a rough maybe we have a shot at Deshaun Watson and if not you have a guy with a similar skill set that you can develop.
Sign me up for this if it panned out like this! Sadly it won't.. but I see a possibility for a lot of it. Doctson I get goes early early round 2 or even late first. Lots of offense in the draft but I think more defense should be addressed. Also, no guard? Who's the starters at guard? AD isn't a guard or Trenton. Unsure about that. Too many WR on the team and I wouldn't sign Sanu just to draft 2 WR's, start Boldin and a recovering Smelter.
[ Edited by 49ersJordan on Jan 18, 2016 at 1:04 AM ]
Nice mock. Let's hope we get this lucky and the players are still on the board when our picks come up.

The Jets say they're tagging Wilkerson.
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Sign me up for this if it panned out like this! Sadly it won't.. but I see a possibility for a lot of it. Doctson I get goes early early round 2 or even late first. Lots of offense in the draft but I think more defense should be addressed. Also, no guard? Who's the starters at guard? AD isn't a guard or Trenton. Unsure about that. Too many WR on the team and I wouldn't sign Sanu just to draft 2 WR's, start Boldin and a recovering Smelter.

Well my thinking at guard is that Boone could play right guard and possibly Brandon Thomas could play left guard. I think he wasn't fully recovered from his injury last season and thats why we didn't put him out there. I find it hard to believe he was worse than the players we had on the o line this past season.

Also, I know many of you guys are ready to give up on Marcus Martin but I'm not. We forget that he came out really young out of the draft. I believe he just barely turned 22. I mean thats the age most of these offensive linemen that are just now declaring for the draft. I think he's barely just getting the strength needed to play in the NFL. I believe this trial by fire may play dividends this next season.

Im just saying that I don't think he's Chilo Rachal 2.0. I think he was just really young, thats all.
Unless the navy gives him a release, unlikely they release him from his obligations, only if he were a Staubach David Robinson caliber does it happen. Unless he pays them back.
Not a bad draft. I'm not sure about some of the later picks - I think some are very likely to be gone by the position you have given, notably Scooby. I see flashes with Dak, but then there are the stretches where he seems completely lost. Would definitely be a project.

I have some questions regarding the FA signings, even if they all become available....

How much would that cost? Between, Wilkerson, Irvin, Fleener, and the others, I would guess that's a pretty big chunk of change. Might work though (cap wise). But as others have said, Wilkerson likely to get Franchise tag. Fleener would be nice. I could see it working in some ways, but no clue if he would be interested in playing in Kelly's system.

Nice effort.
I would spend our money on other free agents... Not a Irving fan, maybe Vernon instead. Love your 1st 2 picks!
Share 49ersWebzone