There are 211 users in the forums

Myles Garrett - Edge Rusher

Originally posted by okdkid:
You better hope Myles Garrett either gets injured or has a major down year. Because he's going #1 overall.

I'm hoping we have the #1 or #2 pick to guarantee either Garrett or Watson. Adding Garrett to Buckner, Armstead, Williams, Lynch, and Bowman would give us a legit front 7 again.

Watson is also an option if our QB's still struggle behind a slightly improved offensive line.
The Terminator

Garrett is a damn stud. Would make our defense insane again but I have a bad feeling we won't suck bad enough to land him :(

Plus if we do I have a feeling Watson will be hard enough to pass up. Personally I feel Garrett is the safer pick but you can't pass up a franchise type QB if you have a chance at him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Terminator

49ers are going to have to do a Jerry Rice like trade up for this guy a can't miss prospect
I can only hope that BOTH Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert go above and beyond expectations so that we have some flexibility in the draft next year. I don't think we will be picking top 5. As bad as we were last year, we still didn't have a top 5 pick. I think we'll likely be in the 9-13 range.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Myles Garrett blows Aldon smith out of water. That comp is straight up disrespectful.

This guy is going to be on another level. #1 pick next year if comes out.

i wouldnt say that

aldon smith was breaking records for pass rushing up to off field stuff

i think garrett is a better prospect but the comparision is fair - if aldon didnt go to mizzou i think he wouldve been a top 3 pick as well
[ Edited by harryj on May 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM ]
Aldon was a 3-star recruit out of high school.

Myles Garrett is a 5-star super star and the no1 recruit in the nation. This guy has lived up to and exceeded the hype after his first 2 years. He has every tool you wish for in a edge rusher, and has perennial all-pro written all over him.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Aldon was a 3-star recruit out of high school.

Myles Garrett is a 5-star super star and the no1 recruit in the nation. This guy has lived up to and exceeded the hype after his first 2 years. He has every tool you wish for in a edge rusher, and has perennial all-pro written all over him.

JJ Watt was a 2-star recruit out of high school.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on May 1, 2016 at 12:14 PM ]
I just watched his highlight video posted above. Not being sarcastic but, does he have any other moves besides out running the tackle? Seemed like almost every sack was him blazing past the lineman.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Too bad we didn't bite the bullet and picked a franchise QB this year, we will have to do it in 2017 which means byebye Myles Garrett.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can only hope that BOTH Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert go above and beyond expectations so that we have some flexibility in the draft next year. I don't think we will be picking top 5. As bad as we were last year, we still didn't have a top 5 pick. I think we'll likely be in the 9-13 range.

The 6 teams in front of us...how many will be better?
Dallas-yes
Balt-yes
Titans-maybe
Cle- no
Jax-maybe

Although watching Cle draft this year I don't think they will do much with those 2 first rounders. They could end up burning at lest one on the OL.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Dallas-yes
Balt-yes
Titans-maybe
Cle- no
Jax-maybe

Although watching Cle draft this year I don't think they will do much with those 2 first rounders. They could end up burning at lest one on the OL.

Why is Jax a maybe? Jacksonville could win 10 games this year. They are far ahead of us in terms of talent now. They had a good offense last year and added Malik Jackson, Dante Fowler (injured last year), Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, and Tashaun Gibson on defense. They could win their division while the 49ers will likely finish 4th in the NFC West.

Cleveland is worse than us. Titans are interesting - I think their offense will be pretty good as long as Mariota stays healthy.

I know I'll be rooting for the Titans, Chargers, and Saints this year. The Browns are probably a lost cause - it will be hard to pick ahead of them.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25576081/nfl-power-rankings-plenty-of-risers-after-nfl-draft-but-pats-still-no-1

These power rankings make a lot of sense. I don't think there's much separation between the Saints, Chargers, 49ers, and Titans.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Too bad we didn't bite the bullet and picked a franchise QB this year, we will have to do it in 2017 which means byebye Myles Garrett.

Not necessarily. They could always draft a QB in the 2nd round. A guy like Garrett would be very hard to pass up. In anycase trading up for a franchise QB would have cost them both their 1st rounders so they wouldn't be getting Garrett or any of the top prospects anyways.

If it came down to taking a QB like Watson early next draft, then the 49ers are still ahead.

Buckner+Watson+Garnett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goff or Wentz.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Dallas-yes
Balt-yes
Titans-maybe
Cle- no
Jax-maybe

Why is Jax a maybe? Jacksonville could win 10 games this year. They are far ahead of us in terms of talent now. They had a good offense last year and added Malik Jackson, Dante Fowler (injured last year), Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, and Tashaun Gibson on defense. They could win their division while the 49ers will likely finish 4th in the NFC West.

Cleveland is worse than us. Titans are interesting - I think their offense will be pretty good as long as Mariota stays healthy.

I know I'll be rooting for the Titans, Chargers, and Saints this year. The Browns are probably a lost cause - it will be hard to pick ahead of them.

I said maybe with Jax. They have a lot of new pieces but they won't gel in a month. I think Jax is looking like a better team but high expectations probably won't be met.
Share 49ersWebzone