There are 168 users in the forums

Myles Garrett - Edge Rusher

I just started looking at some 2017 mock drafts and saw this guy in the top 2 so I watched some of his highlights. This guy is unreal - he reminds me of Aldon Smith, but may be more athletic (arms aren't quite as long though). You can hear Jesse Palmer saying "Jadeveon Clowney and Ndamukong Suh are the only two guys I've seen that impact the game the same way Myles Garrett does" in one of the highlights. He's big (6'5 260), explosive, bends well, has long arms, and has been extremely productive in the SEC (led the conference with 20 tackles for a loss as a true sophomore.

I know it's early to start looking at 2017 prospects, but he hasn't gotten as much hype as he deserves and the other elite prospects next year (Watson and Fournette) have threads already. If we're somehow picking at the top of next year's draft, Watson or Garrett should be targeted.

Top 3 pick, would be #1 overall this year. I think it'll be between him and Watson next year for the first overall pick.
I hope he tears his ACL just before the draft like Brandon Thomas
IMO he is even more athletic than JJ Watt. He had a 4.46 40 time, 400lbs bench press and 40 inches vertical jump. The guy is simply one of the best athletes I have ever seen. IMO he is by far the best prospect since Andrew Luck came out of college.
2017 is so far away. The Niners have a lot of work to do RIGHT NOW.
Best player in college right now.
Originally posted by strickac:
Top 3 pick, would be #1 overall this year. I think it'll be between him and Watson next year for the first overall pick.

Lol Watson is not a first round QB
Now that this yrs draft is in the books N we clearly didn't upgrade key positions via FA nor the draft to make us contenders this upcoming Season.

Here's to sucking one more yr to position ourselves to draft this young stud next yr.

Suck 4 Garrett
Too bad we'll be picking at 32 next season
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Too bad we'll be picking at 32 next season

You do know that the team that had the 32nd pick this year also had the 1st pick.

BTW, I share your optimism, I think we did a great job in the draft and anything less the playoff will be a disappointment.

f**k Aldon Smith.
Myles Garrett blows Aldon smith out of water. That comp is straight up disrespectful.

This guy is going to be on another level. #1 pick next year if comes out.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
You better hope Myles Garrett either gets injured or has a major down year. Because he's going #1 overall.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers will be drafting Luke Falk next year. Eli Harold and Tank Carradine still can redeem themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone