LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Myles Garrett - Edge Rusher

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Garrett will go top 3, 49ers will have the #6, #7 or #8 pick next April or May.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
I said maybe with Jax. They have a lot of new pieces but they won't gel in a month. I think Jax is looking like a better team but high expectations probably won't be met.

It's not a maybe. They play in a weak division and we have the toughest schedule in football.
Von millah
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not necessarily. They could always draft a QB in the 2nd round. A guy like Garrett would be very hard to pass up. In anycase trading up for a franchise QB would have cost them both their 1st rounders so they wouldn't be getting Garrett or any of the top prospects anyways.

If it came down to taking a QB like Watson early next draft, then the 49ers are still ahead.

Buckner+Watson+Garnett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goff or Wentz.

Wrong. Right now everyone has Watson going No.1 and CBS has the Browns drafting No.1 overall. That is why they think the 9ers will take Chad Kelly at 2 who has a truckload of character issues. So, I just don't know how the heck can you say the 9ers will land Watson? Unless you dig Chad Kelly, your Buckner+Garnett+Watson > Goff/Wentz is totally invalid, bro!!

And if you are saying you can't miss on a guy like Myles Garrett and take a QB in the 2nd, you will be compromising the most important position of the team again. The other thing is it is well publicized that the coming QB draft classes will be pretty sh*te, that was why the Eagles decided to pull the pin this year even if you think the Rams only went for Goff because they are moving to LA.

So, bottom line you are even worse off. Why? Because you can't land Watson even if you are willing to trade away the farm as the Browns will be riding us. And if the Browns really need a QB, they are not going to delay it any longer and they will pull the pin no matter what since they already gave away their QB this year.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Not necessarily. They could always draft a QB in the 2nd round. A guy like Garrett would be very hard to pass up. In anycase trading up for a franchise QB would have cost them both their 1st rounders so they wouldn't be getting Garrett or any of the top prospects anyways.

If it came down to taking a QB like Watson early next draft, then the 49ers are still ahead.

Buckner+Watson+Garnett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goff or Wentz.

Wrong. Right now everyone has Watson going No.1 and CBS has the Browns drafting No.1 overall. That is why they think the 9ers will take Chad Kelly at 2 who has a truckload of character issues. So, I just don't know how the heck can you say the 9ers will land Watson? Unless you dig Chad Kelly, your Buckner+Garnett+Watson > Goff/Wentz is totally invalid, bro!!

And if you are saying you can't miss on a guy like Myles Garrett and take a QB in the 2nd, you will be compromising the most important position of the team again. The other thing is it is well publicized that the coming QB draft classes will be pretty sh*te, that was why the Eagles decided to pull the pin this year even if you think the Rams only went for Goff because they are moving to LA.

So, bottom line you are even worse off. Why? Because you can't land Watson even if you are willing to trade away the farm as the Browns will be riding us. And if the Browns really need a QB, they are not going to delay it any longer and they will pull the pin no matter what since they already gave away their QB this year.

A lot can change in a year.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

A lot can change in a year.

Of course a lot can change in a year. But, we are only talking about what we know now right?
Originally posted by Hopper:
I said maybe with Jax. They have a lot of new pieces but they won't gel in a month. I think Jax is looking like a better team but high expectations probably won't be met.

It's not a maybe. They play in a weak division and we have the toughest schedule in football.

They aren't going to be able to beat up Indy and Houston yet.
Gimme an A!

Gimme a C!

Gimme an L!

[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 4, 2016 at 5:23 AM ]
Wrong. Right now everyone has Watson going No.1 and CBS has the Browns drafting No.1 overall. That is why they think the 9ers will take Chad Kelly at 2 who has a truckload of character issues.

A year ago, Connor Cook was a Top 5 pick in pretty much every mock draft. Hackenberg was a Top 10 pick in many. Jared Goff was a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder.

Looking at mock drafts a year out is kind of pointless. Many things wil change, the only thing is assured is that the 49ers will have a crack at some highly talented players with better overall talent at the top of the draft than in this recent one.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2016 at 6:14 AM ]

Why not? Their offense was already putting up huge numbers now theyve upgraded their defense significantly. I could see Jacksonville winning 8 or 9 games this year.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers will be drafting Luke Falk next year. Eli Harold and Tank Carradine still can redeem themselves.

even if harold and tank break out, i think we would still take Garrett if we had the chance. Cant pass up on an opportunity to draft one of the most dominant pass rushers to come out of college in this millennium

i think they can beat up on Indy. Other than Andrew Luck, that team is a horrible. Poorly managed. The texans though i think will be pretty good. They got a decent QB with great targets and a top 5 defense.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i think they can beat up on Indy. Other than Andrew Luck, that team is a horrible. Poorly managed. The texans though i think will be pretty good. They got a decent QB with great targets and a top 5 defense.
Houston still has a ? for a QB, no one knows what 5 game Starter Osweiler will do, Hou Also needs a RB and OL

Indy is screwed, i don't think they even addressed the OL this offseason

Jax will be in first or battle for first
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Houston still has a ? for a QB, no one knows what 5 game Starter Osweiler will do, Hou Also needs a RB and OL

Ryan Kelly was their first pick in the draft. He was the highest rated center in this draft and one of the highest rated in the past 10 years. Centers have one of the lowest bust probabilities in the 1st round so I don't think its unreasonable to believe that he will be a major upgrade over them.

They still do have some holes on their roster though.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ryan Kelly was their first pick in the draft. He was the highest rated center in this draft and one of the highest rated in the past 10 years. Centers have one of the lowest bust probabilities in the 1st round so I don't think its unreasonable to believe that he will be a major upgrade over them.

They still do have some holes on their roster though.
oh yeah i forgot about that pick. I was expecting them to go Tackle/Guard..not C
Share 49ersWebzone