LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Alex McCalister DE 6'6 242 Lbs Gators

• 9moon
  • Veteran
we need to 1st find out if he's capable of adding 25lbs.. because the way he's built at the moment, he's more of a FS.
Two main Baalke traits:
  • Long arms: Check
  • Does he stay on his feet: I don't know
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184662-quest4sixs-annual-mock-draft-v10/search=Quest4Six

In my mock I have us grabbing him in the 5th, he's what I wrote
" Before this season started, I wanted a OLB out of TCU by the name of Devonte Fields. He decided that he didn't want to be a 49er and chose to go back to school for another season (smart move). I have been searching for a late round pass rushing prospect for months now, and I think I have finally found one. Alex McCalister is as athletic, fluid, and powerful as they come. Dismissed from Florida for an "unspecified violation of team rules", McCalister declared for the NFL draft. The pass rushing skills he posses would be enough to put him as high as a 2-3rd rounder, but his actions pushed him back here. Drafting him and letting him learn behind Brooks/Harold/Lynch would be very beneficial. The sky is the limit for this kid."
Originally posted by 9moon:
we need to 1st find out if he's capable of adding 25lbs.. because the way he's built at the moment, he's more of a FS.

lol no
Originally posted by Quest4six:

lol no

lol he was about 240 in college. He can easily get to 250-255, if he's not already there
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

lol no

lol he was about 240 in college. He can easily get to 250-255, if he's not already there

Should have clarified, my fault
I meant he is not more like a FS. That comparison was ridiculous

I do agree however about gaining weight, the man has 36 inch arms and is very lanky. I'm sure he can add another 20-25lbs and still move at the same pace if needed. Great prospect
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

lol no

Should have clarified, my fault
I meant he is not more like a FS. That comparison was ridiculous

I do agree however about gaining weight, the man has 36 inch arms and is very lanky. I'm sure he can add another 20-25lbs and still move at the same pace if needed. Great prospect

I knew what you meant, I was "lol'ing" because of the comment of him being a safety. Agreed on what you said. This kid will be a nice situational pass rusher and can be had in the mid to late rounds. Well worth it IMO
WANT
Still out there... This guy looks like in a year or two he can be great.
Intriguing just because of those 36 inch arms
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 30, 2016 at 1:57 PM ]

Best pass rusher available. WANT
draft heeeeeeem
Share 49ersWebzone