LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Dak Prescott

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's a rookie, how many of them were considered upper-echelon QB's after their rookie season?

Not many. And he shouldn't have to be. Every QB deserves to show what they can do in year 3. So like you said, he has plenty of time to prove he can be that guy.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by pd24:
Matt Ryan is no slouch. Also, Matt Ryan is better than Andy Dalton.

Matt Ryan is a fraud. Look how badly he sucked when Julio Jones was injured. He'll blow it again when it matters most. You'll see...

LMAO
This kid is a product of the great offensive line that Dallas has built. I'm not taking anything away from Dak. He had a great year and should win ROY, but you'd be crazy to think Romo couldn't have done as well if not better.

Also you don't believe any other RB could have done what Zeke did this year behind that wall? Look what McFadden did last year. Case closed.
[ Edited by Ryanoceros on Jan 22, 2017 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
This kid is a product of the great offensive line that Dallas has built. I'm not taking anything away from Dak. He had a great year and should win ROY, but you'd be crazy to think Romo couldn't have done as well if not better.

Also you don't believe any other RB could have done what Zeke did this year behind that wall? Look what McFadden did last year. Case closed.

UM no. Elliot is SO much better than McFadden. Any other RB. LOL. LOL

Romo would have thrown 2 picks in the 4th quarter to lose the game. Well, either that or get hurt.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Romo would have thrown 2 picks in the 4th quarter to lose the game. Well, either that or get hurt.

He's obviously way better than McFadden, but I'm just saying McFadden ran well behind that line. Zeke is really good, but I'm just making a point of how good that line really is.

He's obviously way better than McFadden, but I'm just saying McFadden ran well behind that line. Zeke is really good, but I'm just making a point of how good that line really is.

Of course the Dallas line is good but you lose credibility when you say that "any other RB could have done what Zeke did this year". This kid is special and that statement is just way off.

Of course the Dallas line is good but you lose credibility when you say that "any other RB could have done what Zeke did this year". This kid is special and that statement is just way off.

I didn't mean it that way. 1,600 yards, 5 yards a carry and 15 td's from a rookie is incredible. That's something that probably won't be topped for years. I'm saying any good running back would be successful behind that type of line. McFadden had over 1,000 yards behind that same line. Everyone thought he was washed up. That's my point.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
I was talking about this year. He clearly has gotten better. I never thought much of him in the past. I want to see if he can do it again next year and see what he does in the playoffs also. But this was a great season for him, better than Andy Dalton will probably ever do. I still say Ryan is above Andy Dalton

Ok. If he's gotten better, then he should be able to win in the postseason. And if he does, I'll come back & say he's better than I've been giving him credit for. He has plenty of talent around him, and he even has home-field advantage in the playoffs. So win a game or continue to wear the "overrated choker" moniker.

Go back and look at his post season records. It shows that he has been good most of the time.

08 threw for 2 tds. His team got beat in the WC on the road. Defense gave up 30 pts
10 his defense gave up 48 points to GB. Joe Montana wouldnt have beat the Packers this game
12 threw for 6 tds in 2 games including 3 against the great SF 49ers defense.

Cherry picky...

Matt Ryan has 9 postseason TDs and 10 postseason turnovers including 3 fumbles. One of which was fumbling a shotgun snap against the Niners that ended up costing him the game.

He's the chokiest of chokers. And sucking on offense means more opportunities for the other team to score.

Change that to 16 TDs
f**king Baalke. Dude has looked pretty much the same in the NFL as he did in college, decisive, makes good decisions, good throwing on the run and with the ability to take off and run when needed.

I wonder. Would we have fired Kelly still if we drafted him? Let's say we win 2 more games with him. Do we fire baalke and keep chip so we don't hinder his development, or do we pursue shanahan still?

Originally posted by gold49digger:
I wonder. Would we have fired Kelly still if we drafted him?

Yes. The Niners would've sucked with him at QB too. They are not the Cowboys' offense. There are very few QBs in the league who would've even won 8 games on the Niners last year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I wonder. Would we have fired Kelly still if we drafted him?

Yes. The Niners would've sucked with him at QB too. They are not the Cowboys' offense. There are very few QBs in the league who would've even won 8 games on the Niners last year.

I truly do not think Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would have won 8 games with the talent the Niners had this year.
How did Kyle Shanahan and the Falcons evaluate Dak I wonder?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Interesting that the whole DWI he got caught up in turned out to be b******t and the cop who pulled him over ended up being suspended later on for targeting athletes.

"He probably shouldn't have even been arrested. Two Intoxilyzer 8000 tests both came back inconclusive and he was pulled over for speeding by an officer that hadn't yet been certified to run radar at the time of the arrest.

Dak was also not noticeably intoxicated by any means either when he was pulled over:

Thomas also testified he could not determine if Prescott was drunk at the time of the traffic stop. Prescott, he said, did not slur his words, have bloodshot eyes or display issues with his motor skills. No alcohol was found in the football player's Escalade, he testified, and neither Prescott nor his vehicle smelled of booze at the time of the stop."

https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2016/7/28/12305610/dak-prescott-not-guilty-dui-mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-dallas-cowboys
Share 49ersWebzone