There are 190 users in the forums

Eli Apple CB OSU

Not much buzz on this kid, but I think he has huge upside. Size (6-1, 204) and speed (4.48 40) are similar to Jalen Ramsey, but Apple is nearly a full year younger. With Bucky Hodges opting to stay in college another year, Eli is my favorite sleeper pick for the 49ers.
he is the apple of your eye
I wouldn't mind him. Being young he may be a bit GREEN so he could sit awhile and learn a bit so he doesn't get SAUCED.
Saw him mocked at #13 this week
Originally posted by strickac:
Saw him mocked at #13 this week

I guess the word is out.
Originally posted by hofer36:
he is the apple of your eye

John Middelkauf who coached for Kelly in Philly says that Chip likes bigger corners similar to the Seahawks Apple will measure out as one of the taller and heavier corners in the draft.
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
John Middelkauf who coached for Kelly in Philly says that Chip likes bigger corners similar to the Seahawks Apple will measure out as one of the taller and heavier corners in the draft.

I'm done with the love for the tall corners. The Seahawks run cover 3 where the corners aren't required to stick with the shifty receiver. In a Man coverage scheme sure a big corner can dominate the first 5 yards, but with the rules being enforced more now than before like illegal contact and defensive holding having a big corner who has used his physicality to stick with receivers their entire young careers. So many big corners have come in with lots of high expectations and have crash and burnt cause the GM and coach think it's the next Sherman or Patrick Peterson. From Dre Kirkpatrick to Stanley Jean Baptiste to PJ Williams to Justin Gilbert all have not adjusted. While the Cornerbacks who didn't have the size to be a pro like Verrett, Darby and even Golden have all shown a player who can cover without having to keep his hands on a receiver is far better than one who can Jam the receiver really well. Just my thought on it. Apple looks good but he is a corner better suited for a zone concept. My favorite corner was Desmond King but he is returning to school. Unless we draft VHlll at #7 I don't see many good man coverage corners.
Not Apple's finest moment:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 29, 2016 at 12:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone