LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Another Mock 4(post Chip Kelly)

RESTRUCTURE
Kap - The only reason I wouldn't cut him is because maybe Kelly can revive his carrer.

CUT
Brooks - Old and expensive
Dorsey - Old and expensive
Bethea - We have Tartt, Ward and he is expensive

RESIGN
Williams - He is great
Tiller - If he played every game of the season he could have been a pro bowl alternate

FREE AGENCY
Dwayne Allen - Good TE that could be our starter

TRADE
SF 4th and 5th for HOU 3rd
SD 5th and DEN 6th for ARI 4th

DRAFT
1st round(#7) - DeForest Buckner DL Oregon
He could settle the one of the DE spot for the next few years. My first option would be Jared Goff but with Hue Jackson in Cleveland I think they will look for QBs but if they pick Lynch or other player I would pick Goff. Other option that I would look at is Jalen Ramsey because his versatility remembers me of Tyrann Mathieu.

2nd round - Josh Doctson WR TCU
IMO he's one of the best WR in this class. He could be a true #1 receiver for a decade. He doesn't have elite speed but he gets open often. Carson Wentz is a guy that I really like but I think he will be gone. I also considered Shon Coleman.

3rd round - Denver Kirkland OG Arkansas
He's one of the best G if not the best in this draft. He would compete with Brown and AD for 2 spots in the right side. Scooby Wright III, Braxton Miller and Alex Collins were options.

3rd round(from HOU) - Kenyan Drake RB/KR Alabama
He was Henry backup in college but what impress me is his returning skills.

4th round(from ARI) - Devonte Fields OLB Louisville
He would compete with Eli Harold for the starting job.

4th round(comp.) - James Burgess ILB Louisville
He's a little undersized and I love undersized players in the mid and late rounds because most of them are talented.

5th round(comp.) - Cody Waldrop C South Carolina
He would be Kilgore backup.

6th round(from DAL) - Ka'lmi Fairbairn K UCLA
Great kicker and replacement for Dawson.

6th round(comp.) - Frankie Williams CB Purdue
Backup and ST player. Whoever falls should be the pick here.

6th round(comp.) - Elijah Shumate FS Notre Dame
Backup and ST player. Whoever fall should be the pick here.
Sign one player with 50 mil cap room on a team with glaring needs defensively and offensively?
Devonte Fields is returning to school. Good draft though.
Nice mock. Love getting Doctson on the team
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Sign one player with 50 mil cap room on a team with glaring needs defensively and offensively?

I forgot to add Bruce Irvin.
Kaep doesnt makt that much for a starter. I don't see him restructuring. Pkus its a team friendly deal. This will be a 1 year try out. Love the draft im just not to sure if Doctson will be there in the 2nd. And Kirkland won't make it outta the 2nd round. You need to spend some of this cap space on pass rush
Devonte Fields Is staying in school
Originally posted by lamontb:
Kaep doesnt makt that much for a starter. I don't see him restructuring. Pkus its a team friendly deal. This will be a 1 year try out. Love the draft im just not to sure if Doctson will be there in the 2nd. And Kirkland won't make it outta the 2nd round. You need to spend some of this cap space on pass rush

It stopped being team friendly when Kaep stopped being worth $15-20 million a year. There isn't a lot of guaranteed money so it's easy to get out of the contract, but there's also very limited upside to the deal from our perspective because his cap hit averages over $20 million a year from 2017-2020. I'd rather cut/trade him and pay out the remainder of the guaranteed money in 2016 so we have him off our books when the team is competitive again. If Gabbert is going to start, it doesn't make sense to keep Kaepernick on the roster. If Kaepernick will start, we could give him a one year try out and cut/trade him next year with a limited cap hit.

If there isn't a significant drop-off from Kaep to Gabbert, we can roll with Gabbert next year, draft a rookie QB, and evaluate our options at the end of next year depending on the performance of Gabbert and the rookie QB.
first of all we have lots of cap room we will sign more then one player in free agency and depending on if we keep stays we could have more, u can get 2 stud free agents for Kaeps salary,i disagree with letting Bethea go, hes the only one that knows whats going on , Tartt going to be good but it would depend how Reid plays , he out of position more then he should be although the 2nd half of this yr he played way better then last yr and 1st half this yr, one other thing ,we have the worst CB in the NFL ,Ward played well covering the slot keep him the rest are lucky to be in the league including Brock and seem to be fan favorite Johnson who has talent but theres a reason why hes 3rd n 4th string ,I'd keep him another yr all the rest pack up and go play in the CFL , Pick one up in free agency and draft one high
What about Dak Prescott now a bit later down with Chip on board?

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

It stopped being team friendly when Kaep stopped being worth $15-20 million a year. There isn't a lot of guaranteed money so it's easy to get out of the contract, but there's also very limited upside to the deal from our perspective because his cap hit averages over $20 million a year from 2017-2020. I'd rather cut/trade him and pay out the remainder of the guaranteed money in 2016 so we have him off our books when the team is competitive again. If Gabbert is going to start, it doesn't make sense to keep Kaepernick on the roster. If Kaepernick will start, we could give him a one year try out and cut/trade him next year with a limited cap hit.

If there isn't a significant drop-off from Kaep to Gabbert, we can roll with Gabbert next year, draft a rookie QB, and evaluate our options at the end of next year depending on the performance of Gabbert and the rookie QB.

Chip won't be able to tell which qb will work best in his system til after April1st. That's why I think he' gonna be on a one year try out. If he doesn't work out then they will cut him. But this will play out during the season.
Originally posted by Murphys1:

Could be possible. Can get him in the 4th maybe

He could be the pick because Devonte Fields is coming back to college but the main reason I didn't picked him is because rarely QBs picked later than the 2nd round have success and we already have a good backup(Gabbert).
Bethea is a stud, a coach on the field and a role model. The safety position is not taking lots of cap space. Having Reid, Tartt, Bethea, and Ward as nickel corner is good, why would you want to get rid of Bethea with 50 million in cap space.

I love the mock draft. The only change I would make is rather than a KR/pr (we have Hayne, Ellington, etc) why not get a versatile OL??

Could be possible. Can get him in the 4th maybe

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Share 49ersWebzone