LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

2016 Mock Draft offseason V.3

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Alshon is a must-sign IMO (assuming he's not tagged of course), So is Dwaaaaaaaaaaayne Allen IMO. Baalke loves him some Game Cocks, so why not?

I could live with Torrey & Alshon at WR.

I'm assuming the Bears tag Jeffery. I prefer Green to Allen he has just been overshadowed by Gates.
Really like this actually. But, I think we shouldn't trade down so low. I'd also take Jones over Randle. I hope we get Irvin in free agency then stay put and take Mackenzie Alexander while trading Brock. But regardless, good mock!
  • dj43
Interesting though a bit convoluted at the top.

I especially like FA Derek Wolfe and Mitchell Schwartz. Both should be available without breaking the bank. With what we already have, both front lines would be very solid.

Ben Jones would be an upgrade if Kilgore cannot return to form. I would rather hope Baalke makes a run at Wiesniewski. He will cost a bit more but we should have money to spend on a guy that will anchor the middle for the next 5 years.

If either Treadwell or Doctson are there at #7, I don't think we trade down. I agree Goff will be gone, and unless Lynch flies up the charts, which some think he will do, I don't see us passing on an elite WR. The only other move that might make sense here is if there is a "can't miss" pass rusher available at about that point. I just don't think you take chances in a move back when you are that high in the draft. We have enough needs that BPA will make more sense than a gamble on next year, even if you do get another 1st. You just have no idea what that other 1st will be.

I like Scooby Wright. Some have him going late 1st but would be cool if he is still there in the 2nd.

Rather keep Vance McDonald than cut him and spend money on Green. Green is a better receiver but his pass and run blocking is poor. On balance, I like McDonald.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 13, 2016 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by harryj:
just fyi i think texans go hackenburg and stay put i dont see them trading up for lynch

remember hackenburffirst coach was o brian where he was considered to be the hands down #1 overall pick after brian left for nfl hes regressed wouldnt be surprised if they team up again

anyway i love your draft if it were to fall this way pence would be a great pick and with wright in 2nd and wolfe in FA that would shore up the front 7 big time

Bingo
Originally posted by dj43:
Interesting though a bit convoluted at the top.

I especially like FA Derek Wolfe and Mitchell Schwartz. Both should be available without breaking the bank. With what we already have, both front lines would be very solid.

Ben Jones would be an upgrade if Kilgore cannot return to form. I would rather hope Baalke makes a run at Wiesniewski. He will cost a bit more but we should have money to spend on a guy that will anchor the middle for the next 5 years.

If either Treadwell or Doctson are there at #7, I don't think we trade down. I agree Goff will be gone, and unless Lynch flies up the charts, which some think he will do, I don't see us passing on an elite WR. The only other move that might make sense here is if there is a "can't miss" pass rusher available at about that point. I just don't think you take chances in a move back when you are that high in the draft. We have enough needs that BPA will make more sense than a gamble on next year, even if you do get another 1st. You just have no idea what that other 1st will be.

I like Scooby Wright. Some have him going late 1st but would be cool if he is still there in the 2nd.

Rather keep Vance McDonald than cut him and spend money on Green. Green is a better receiver but his pass and run blocking is poor. On balance, I like McDonald.

I personally see Noah Spence as a can't miss pass rusher. Off field issues are pushing him down in the draft. If we can load up picks next year and get the best 3-4 outside linebacker it would in my opinion be the best move.
Interesting mock. We have a terrible offense but right now the 49ers are in such dissaray it's doubtful we could turn things around in 1 season. It looks like it will take multiple years to right this ship so why not.
Randle is an overrated reciever. He is the 3rd best WR on that team and I don't think highly of him. I would take Sanu/Jones any day. I'm a big fan of Green though, and that could be a big time pickup for us. Do you think Brock is really #1 CB worthy though? I'd sign a guy like Sean Smith if we could, and trade Brock. I think we need a #1 corner with man coverage skills. That would really help the pass rush/a pass rusher would help them.
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Randle is an overrated reciever. He is the 3rd best WR on that team and I don't think highly of him. I would take Sanu/Jones any day. I'm a big fan of Green though, and that could be a big time pickup for us. Do you think Brock is really #1 CB worthy though? I'd sign a guy like Sean Smith if we could, and trade Brock. I think we need a #1 corner with man coverage skills. That would really help the pass rush/a pass rusher would help them.

No I think Brock is a decent #2 corner. I think getting a better pass rush will help out the secondary more than getting a good corner will help the pass rush.
I also tried to keep free agency realistic. Sure I could have us getting Alshon and Calvin Johnson(once the Lions release him) as WR, Mack at Center(I think he is overrated), and Mo Wilkerson at DE. But Where we currently sit we will be lucky to even get a top 10 free agent this year.
Share 49ersWebzone