LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Mackensie Alexander-CB-Clemson

I know Baalke is not keen to drafting corners high and he might feel that our secondary is set (I'm not a huge fan of Brock personally), but I definitely wouldn't mind this guy as a trade back option in the first if it comes to that. Definitely reminds me of a Chris Harris Jr. type player..

Recruitment: 5-Star Recruit by ESPN, 4-Star recruit by Rivals
Injuries/Discipline: Nothing notable.
Awards: 2015 First-Team All-ACC
Measurables:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195
Class: Redshirt Sophomore
Projected 40 Time: 4.35

Positives
• Exceptional man cover player.
• Tremendous instincts.
• Has covered and locked down most teams #1 receiver.
• Great speed
• Good change of direction skills
• Exceptional recovery speed.
• Smooth backpedal
• Instant acceleration
• Elite closing speed
• Good anticipation
• Textbook technique in press coverage.
• Huge work ethic
• Dedication to film and preparation
• Tough and physical
• Very confident

Negatives
• Can at times be a little too aggressive.
• Tackling needs a little work.
• Needs to make more plays on the ball when the chance is there.
• He may come in a little shorter than advertised at the combine.
(source: Gang Green Nation)

Also liked this article about him. Gives some insight about his attitude and work-ethic: http://www.campusrush.com/mackensie-alexander-clemson-tigers-national-title-game-1546553020.html#

"Alexander watched clips of cornerbacks from Deion Sanders to Darrelle Revis as part of honing his craft, but nothing compares to his study habits at Clemson. "Five minutes after a game," Reed said, "and he's in my office watching the film." If that's an exaggeration, it might not be by much: Alexander is convinced that spending the extended hours staring at video screens unlocks his natural physical talent, as opposed to merely complementing it.

He has adopted one of Reed's well-worn adages: If you're thinking, you're stinking. Alexander doesn't want to have to consider the action. He wants to see what's coming and play free. "A lot of people just look at my ability, but they don't look at the part where I'm in the film room, breaking stuff down," Alexander said. "I know what's going on, the ins and outs of the game, what they like to do, what am I going to do against them. You have to understand football to do what you do."

[ Edited by Timdiz on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM ]
Sadly he got hurt in the Natty but wow. He's a future #1 guy and a lockdown from this years tape. He's GOOD.
womans first name, no thanks
I would rather have Vernon
He is really good
He is hands down the best CB. I wouldn't be mad if the 49ers took him at #7.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
7????????????????????

the guy is good, has been playing great all year long, but he's no 7.... trade down where we got Double A and I will be more than happy to land this kid..
Originally posted by 9moon:
7????????????????????

the guy is good, has been playing great all year long, but he's no 7.... trade down where we got Double A and I will be more than happy to land this kid..

I think he is worthy a #7 pick but I wouldn't pick him because right now IMO there are 8 or 9 better prospects than him so some of them would be there for us.
Looks like a very good cover corner who takes chances to make plays

Don't hate him, but at 7 I'd personally prefer Vernon Hargreaves if we go DB... he's been a blue chip player his whole career and in my opinion is the safer pick as the more fluid db. Being confident and fluid are the 2 best traits in a safe "cb" prospect and Hargreaves checks both boxes.
Originally posted by daragon:
He is hands down the best CB. I wouldn't be mad if the 49ers took him at #7.

+1
If we could get a lock corner to pair with Ward we would be able to double cover either the TE or the other WR while being able to blitz.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Don't hate him, but at 7 I'd personally prefer Vernon Hargreaves if we go DB... he's been a blue chip player his whole career and in my opinion is the safer pick as the more fluid db. Being confident and fluid are the 2 best traits in a safe "cb" prospect and Hargreaves checks both boxes.
Vernon is too short.. we alrady have someone ike him in Ward..

and with a bad matchup, he will get eaten alive just like Ward learned..

If we want Vernong, get out of the top 15.. and wait for him then..
Alexander could also be there as well at 10, like in my mock where I have us trading down. The lowest he goes would have to be #12 because the saints would have to draft this kid. His potential and talent is way too far to drop out of the top 12 to a team with a need for cornerbacks. I love him and I think he is a future superstar. I like the Norman comparison. Hard nosed, physical, and a man to man beast. He will be better than Hargreaves.
[ Edited by 49ersJordan on Jan 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone