LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Jreff22 mock V2.0

Originally posted by Ny2ThaBay:
Goff & Fuller...I like!!

Goff offers 0 impact for a few years but Fuller should start/contribute day 1. He has some occasional drop issues but his overall skill is A+
Originally posted by fan49:
this is not a knock on your mock, but people treat Goff like he's the second coming of Montana. He doesn't have half the praise luck did. s**t, Goff isn't even rated the best qb in the draft by most so called experts.

He's not Andrew Luck or we would need the first pick in the draft to get him. And Goff is the highest rated QB in the class by most experts now. He passed Lynch after the bowl games.

He's ranked 4th on CBS right now and is being mocked to the Browns in a lot of mocks. I have no idea why it's surprising to you that fans are rooting for someone many consider a top 5 prospect to be there at 7. The odds of us getting a once in a generation prospect like Luck are not good and the odds of us being in position to draft Watson next year aren't good either. We're not going to wait around until we find a QB we are sure will be the next Joe Montana.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Jan 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM ]
VERY good.

Agree on FA and am hoping Wilkerson isn't tagged. IMO, we'll get one of the OLinemen either Mack or Schwartz or?

If available, I'd jump all in for Tunsil or Stanley.

Bosa will go #1 or #2 IMO.

I think Manziel keeps F--kin up on purpose so he will get traded to Dallas

Jalon is a real possibility.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
VERY good.

Agree on FA and am hoping Wilkerson isn't tagged. IMO, we'll get one of the OLinemen either Mack or Schwartz or?

Tunsil should go #1.

If AD is serious and we land Mack, I'm not sure if another OT is really a top priority. I love Stanley and wouldn't be mad with him. But if we get Boone, Mack, and AD under contract/back...that's a solid OL going forward. And I do have us drafting an OT a little later for insurance.

Staley-Kilgore/Boone-Mack-Boone/Kilgore-AD

With Tiller, Brown, Murphy, MM, and Thomas fighting for backup spots is instantly better.

Cut Devey and Pears ASAP.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM ]
Said it once and I'll say it again. Goff will be a Niner at the #7 overall pick. Book it.
  • dj43
Your OL picture is only realistic to a point: You want to sign Mack. OK. His current deal is for $8MILLION plus he has a roster bonus in 2017 for $2MILLION. That means it will realistically take a $10+MILLION/yr deal to sign him. Do you really want to spend that kind of money on a center?

If we go after a Cleveland FA, ROT Mitchell Schwarz graded higher than Mack and his current deal is for $1.9MILLION. He will get paid but I doubt he will get Mack money. He doesn't solve the center need but he would allow us to go after a center in the draft and still move AD to guard. That might be necessary in order to survive the cost of Wilkerson which will set a record.
Originally posted by dj43:
Your OL picture is only realistic to a point: You want to sign Mack. OK. His current deal is for $8MILLION plus he has a roster bonus in 2017 for $2MILLION. That means it will realistically take a $10+MILLION/yr deal to sign him. Do you really want to spend that kind of money on a center?

If we go after a Cleveland FA, ROT Mitchell Schwarz graded higher than Mack and his current deal is for $1.9MILLION. He will get paid but I doubt he will get Mack money. He doesn't solve the center need but he would allow us to go after a center in the draft and still move AD to guard. That might be necessary in order to survive the cost of Wilkerson which will set a record.

We have the money now to front load a few players. I would sign Mack to solidify the middle of the line. We can never have MM play center again. Mack and Kilgore is the best thing for us today and tomorrow.
Originally posted by jreff22:
VERY good.

Tunsil should go #1.

If AD is serious and we land Mack, I'm not sure if another OT is really a top priority. I love Stanley and wouldn't be mad with him. But if we get Boone, Mack, and AD under contract/back...that's a solid OL going forward. And I do have us drafting an OT a little later for insurance.

Staley-Kilgore/Boone-Mack-Boone/Kilgore-AD

With Tiller, Brown, Murphy, MM, and Thomas fighting for backup spots is instantly better.

Cut Devey and Pears ASAP.

Probably right on Tunsil - #1-3 for sure

The AD being serious is a HUGE concern. I hope he has the decency to let us know ASAP instead of after the draft & FA.

A lot of us have talked about AAD moving to RG.. Could Trent play RG??
Probably right on Tunsil - #1-3 for sure

The AD being serious is a HUGE concern. I hope he has the decency to let us know ASAP instead of after the draft & FA.

A lot of us have talked about AAD moving to RG.. Could Trent play RG??

You could kick Boone outside and move AD inside. It's an easy way to keep him happy.
Could Trent play RG??

I'm not sure I'd want a 6'9 guard. It helps that he's 680 pounds, but still, that's a high center of gravity.

Oh, and Alex Boone sucks before anyone goes there.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 11, 2016 at 5:07 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Could Trent play RG??

I'm not sure I'd want a 6'9 guard. It helps that he's 680 pounds, but still, that's a high center of gravity.

Oh, and Alex Boone sucks before anyone goes there.

Boone has always graded well. Playing on a different side, next to MM, in a new system was a big problem this year.

We aren't going get much better in FA and the guys on the bench haven't proven anything yet. Keeping Boone is a wise move for a team needing to solidify the OL.
Reader is doing well so far.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pass rush?

Wilkerson is the biggest asset added for pure pass rushing skill. Having the void left by Justin filled, helps the whole D function better.

Ngakoue is no slouch either. He is a little under sized but has put up impressive numbers:
12/03/2015 - 2015 ALL-BIG TEN FIRST TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): DL Yannick Ngakoue, Maryland...Ngakoue became Maryland's single-season sack leader by posting 13.5 sacks in 2015, breaking a record that had been shared by Mark Duda (1982) and Bruce Palmer (1978). The junior ranks second in the nation with 1.13 sacks/g and is a member of the Ted Hendricks Award Watch List for the nation's top defensive end. - Maryland Football

Lynch was a late round pick so I'm not overly worried. It's still an area of concern but it's not as bad.

I just don't see how you aren't more concerned with the pass rush. Wilkerson might possibly replace Smith but who is replacing Aldon? You need to invest more into the pass rush especially when we currently have one pass rusher who only had 6.5 sacks.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I just don't see how you aren't more concerned with the pass rush. Wilkerson might possibly replace Smith but who is replacing Aldon? You need to invest more into the pass rush especially when we currently have one pass rusher who only had 6.5 sacks.

It's not all about sacks. More pressure will create havoc for any opposing offense. This is the problem, there is nobody at 7 that will replace Aldon. If Fuller is there in the 2nd he will make a giant, and I do mean giant impact for the offense. So looking at the 3-7th, is there an impact guy going to fix the problem? I don't think so. Now we can go the FA route which I'm fine with. I haven't looked over all the available OLB's so that could be the answer.

But having a more functional offense will help the D. Longer sustained drives culminating with TD's makes the D's job easier.

Harold will be a better player for sure. Ngakoue and Bean can't be discounted. Lunch was a late pick that has become our best OLB. Those 2 have great upside if taken.

Having a future QB, completely fixed OL and DL, veteran DB's, Bowman back to 100%, reshuffled WR's, and an actual pro coaching staff will make things much better. If all of that becomes true, we can look to burn a first on an OLB next year if need be.
It's not all about sacks. More pressure will create havoc for any opposing offense. This is the problem, there is nobody at 7 that will replace Aldon. If Fuller is there in the 2nd he will make a giant, and I do mean giant impact for the offense. So looking at the 3-7th, is there an impact guy going to fix the problem? I don't think so. Now we can go the FA route which I'm fine with. I haven't looked over all the available OLB's so that could be the answer.

But having a more functional offense will help the D. Longer sustained drives culminating with TD's makes the D's job easier.

Harold will be a better player for sure. Ngakoue and Bean can't be discounted. Lunch was a late pick that has become our best OLB. Those 2 have great upside if taken.

Having a future QB, completely fixed OL and DL, veteran DB's, Bowman back to 100%, reshuffled WR's, and an actual pro coaching staff will make things much better. If all of that becomes true, we can look to burn a first on an OLB next year if need be.

How many people would have said that about Torrey Smith? Jaylon Smith is my preference over Will Fuller if both are there in the 2nd round because we won't be good next year anyways and an all around linebacker who can hold up in coverage will help us more in years 2-4 than another deep threat WR. It may even be a positive that Smith won't help right away because we'll be competing for a high draft pick next year too.
Share 49ersWebzone