There are 163 users in the forums

Jason Spriggs

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Big fan of him and Garnett if we could grab them both in rounds 2 and 3 I would be happy with our draft.

One down, one more to go. Spriggs or Shon Coleman would be fantastic
Find a way to add this guy. He can step in and start at RT if needed, potentially move to LT in a few years. Getting him would be quite a coup.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Find a way to add this guy. He can step in and start at RT if needed, potentially move to LT in a few years. Getting him would be quite a coup.

Another one of my favorite prospects. Baalke could do a mic drop after that pick
I don't think Spriggs far enough for us to move up without sacrificing picks next year.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Would love this guy
Don't think it's happening guys. Not with the Pats having 2 picks in this round.

I think best case is we get someone like Joe Haeg or Avery Young in the 4th round or 5th round and try to coach them up.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Can we basically buy the pick? Like trade Kap to the Jets and pay a lot of his salary this year for their 2nd round pick.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
What about Willie Beavers with our 3rd round pick?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/willie-beavers?id=2555208

Seems like a good fit for the Zone Blocking system
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Another one of my favorite prospects. Baalke could do a mic drop after that pick

Was he recruited by Chip
Plays stiff. Like Ogbah.

Originally posted by pd24:
What about Willie Beavers with our 3rd round pick?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/willie-beavers?id=2555208

Seems like a good fit for the Zone Blocking system

4th round sure
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Plays stiff. Like Ogbah.

Strengths
Athletic frame with long arms. Comes out of his stance with tremendous quickness and has elite lateral movement. Can get to extremely difficult backside cutoff blocks. Knee bender. As a move blocker, lands squarely in the strike zone and rolls hips and feet under him to to wash down defender or secure a down-block. Shows good patience in space with ability to become solid combination blocker in zone scheme. Looks to finish. Able to adjust his assignments on the fly. Is active with his hands in pass pro. Will throw jabs with both hands rather than offering them up for defensive ends to swat. Has tools to substantially slow pass rushers when timing his punch. Durable, four-year starter.

From his NFL draft profile

Not a stiff. He has questionable strength, but he can get stronger.
[ Edited by saniner on Apr 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone