LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

2016 Draft: With the 7th pick the 49ers select _____________?

Whoever the new coach decides that they want at #7......I dunno.
NOOOBODY!!!
Originally posted by genz22:
Free agency will play into it but at this point I like Treadwell or Stanley.
Those look like the BPA's around our pick but I think they lean toward OL
Stanley.

Resign Boone, move Davis to OG when he comes back from his one year off.

LT Staley
LG Boone
C Kilgore
RG Davis
RT Stanley

Boom.. We now have a good OL again.

Having said that, I think any of this group works for me.
Tunsil
Stanley
Lynch
Goff
Bosa
Ramsey
Treadwell
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:56 AM ]
If the new hc has his say for #7 and baalke lets him you have to figure with us very likely to hire an offensive minded coach we will go offense. To me that means it would be between a QB (Goff or lynch if he is gone), Stanley (tunsil gone) or Treadwell. Could also trade down then those guys are all likely out of the mix and it would give us a new mix of offensive players in the mid or late first say decker, doctson, thomas, coleman, etc.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If Goff is not there, then may be go D-line. I don't want to touch Lynch at all, worse come to worst, may be consider Wentz in the 2nd.
A player no one has heard of, has some sort of injury, who doesn't warrant a top 10, much less a first round selection, and one that will won't contribute for 1-2 years.
BUCKNER
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If the new hc has his say for #7 and baalke lets him you have to figure with us very likely to hire an offensive minded coach we will go offense. To me that means it would be between a QB (Goff or lynch if he is gone), Stanley (tunsil gone) or Treadwell. Could also trade down then those guys are all likely out of the mix and it would give us a new mix of offensive players in the mid or late first say decker, doctson, thomas, coleman, etc.

If not Stanley, Buckner or a QB....I'd like to see a trade down if a team is looking to move up, either trade down a 3 or 4 spots....and then another 3 or 4....or 7 or 8 in one fell swoop. Take WR like Thomas or an OLB, use those extra picks to stock up on the OL in an OL-rich draft.
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
A player no one has heard of, has some sort of injury, who doesn't warrant a top 10, much less a first round selection, and one that will won't contribute for 1-2 years.

Cool story.

Glad you liked it.........
...Myles Jack!

Imagine him next to Bow.
If they can't maneuver for a QB, I'm thinking they really need to get a handle on their defensive line going forward. They've used some picks lately, yet there still remains some grey areas. To that end, I like the idea of AShawn Robinson or Deforest Buckner.

This team needs to a QB or get tougher (LOS). In a division with two high caliber teams who play physical it is essential.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 5, 2016 at 12:30 PM ]
Not who I want personally, but I will be flat out amazed if we don't do how we do and draft Jaylon Smith as an ILB.
Originally posted by Rickrock:
We have needs all over the place on both ends of the ball. Top needs = QB, Edge Rusher, OL

Who do we Need?

Who do you Want?

This entire forum is devoted to the above questions
Share 49ersWebzone