LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Underrated Prospects - January and on

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
TE OJ Howard

He's looked good - good size and good athleticism for his size. Jake Coker has played well too - he may end up getting drafted albeit in a later round.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
TE OJ Howard

He's looked good - good size and good athleticism for his size. Jake Coker has played well too - he may end up getting drafted albeit in a later round.

Howard ran a 4.49 (40) and 4.31 pro agility w/ 34-inch VJ at @TheOpening in 2012 as a rising HS senior.. Athleticism will intrigue scouts
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nassib definitely does not dominate in the run game.
Howard was supposed to dominate his entire collegiate career. TEs have never been featured with Saban, definitely not during his time at Bama. Howard is a physical specimen, I wouldn't complain if we drafted this guy but his stock will likely sky rocket after the championship game he had and he should crush the combine.
TE OJ Howard

I'd say Bucky Hodges at TE. Howard is universally considered a day 2 pick, whereas I haven't seen Hodges on any boards. Bucky will be the better player.

edit - If he comes out this year. Otherwise I'd take Hunter Henry over Howard as far as day 2 TE.
[ Edited by GreatGabbert on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:21 PM ]
OJ Howard's rated about where he should be rated IMO. I thought he was overrated before the season started, but he didn't have an amazing season; and he's not fallen back down to earth.
Kevin Dodd was impressive. Very good prospect in his own right, maybe a little overshadowed by Lawson? Is he eligible?
Eli Apple would be a good pick in round two. One of the youngest players in the draft, doesn't turn 21 until training camp. Raw prospect with all the tools and a great attitude. Same size and speed as Jalen Ramsey, but Apple is a true corner and a year younger than Ramsey.
If the 9ers trade back and land Jack Conklin, Eli Apple, Scooby Wright, Bucky Hodges, and Chris Hackenberg in the first two days of the draft, I'm beaming.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Kevin Dodd was impressive. Very good prospect in his own right, maybe a little overshadowed by Lawson? Is he eligible?

Its speculated he leaves early

Bronson Kaufusi 6'7 265 Lbs DE/OLB

Kaufusi has 55 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss, 11 sacks, one interception and three forced fumbles in 2015.

CBS has Kaufusi as a second/third rounder which seems about right. He's 24 already, I believe.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Its speculated he leaves early

thanks! what do you think of him?
Bucky Hodges returning to Va Tech. Probably makes sense for him, but I think he would have been drafted much sooner than expected if he had come out.
Max Tuerk looks like good value at this point. USC linemen are hit-or-miss, but I like him where he's projected.

Mihgt have a little Peter Konz in him (he'd better hope he doesn't), but we're talking about a guy who'll probably go in rounds 5 or 6 (maybe late 4).
Share 49ersWebzone