There are 166 users in the forums

The Hue Jackson Mock Plan...

Originally posted by GEEK:
Coaching Staff -

HC: Hue Jackson (Plenty of ties to Baalke and Jackson)
OC: James Urban (Current WR coach for Bengals)
DC: Mike Pettine (Former HC of the Browns)

Roster Moves -

Cut: Brooks, Pears, Simpson, M. Martin, Lemonier, Dorsey (Injury Settlement)

Resign: Boldin, Davis (un-retires), Dawson, Tiller (RFA), Wilhoite (RFA)

Free Agency:

Bruce Irvin - DE/LB - Seahawks: Baalke is clearly upset about the 2012 draft, and he redeems himself in FA by getting his draft crush in 2012.

Damon Harrison - NT - Jets: We opt for health and spend some dough to convert to a 2 gap scheme for Pettine's D.

Mitchell Schwartz - OT - Browns: New starting RT that displaces A. Davis to LG.

Travis Benjamin - WR - Browns: Speed kills in the NFL, and Benjamin opens the field for the rest of the offense.

Johnson Bademosi - CB - Browns: Low cost signing that competes for a #4 spot on our roster. Special teams standout.

Trade: Texans trade 4th round pick for 49ers Colin Kaepernick.

NFL Draft -

R1: Paxton Lynch - QB - Memphis: Lots to love, lots to nitpick, but Lynch has the frame and skills to thrive in Jackson's offensive scheme.

R2: Germain Ifedi - OT/OG - Texas A&M: Instant starter at RG that can kick out to RT if needed. He can also play LT and LG if needed.

R3: Deion Jones - ILB - LSU: With Bowman's history and eroding depth, we take Jones to re-establish our defensive dominance.

R4: Anthony Zettel - DT/DE - Penn St: Hard nosed football player that competes with Armstead and Dial for playing time.

49ers trade two 5th round picks for Lions 4th round pick

R4: Tyler Higbee - TE - Western Kent (via DET): When he was healthy, he was the most explosive TE in college. Huge upgrade to Celek.

R4: Kyler Fackrell - DE/LB - Utah St (via HOU): Rotational player that's a solid tackler. He can spell Lynch/Irvin during games with Harold.

R4: Jack Allen - C - Michigan St (comp): If he was 2-3 inches taller, he'd be a 2nd round pick. Allen is insurance to Kilgore.

R5: Brandon Allen - QB - Arkansas (comp): Developmental prospect to potentially replace Gabbert in 2017.

R6: Jihad Ward - DT/DE - Illinois (via DAL): Comparable frame to Dial, Ward rounds out our DL.

R6: Trae Elston - S - Ole Miss (via DEN): Depth at safety and ST performer. Replaces McCray.

R6: Elijhaa Penny - RB/FB - Idaho (comp): Younger version of a Draughn type back.

R6: Joshua Holsey - CB/S - Auburn (comp): Annual all ACL injury team. Depth for 2017.

Depth Chart -

QB: Lynch*/Gabbert/Allen*
RB: Hyde/Davis/Harris/Penny*
FB: Miller
TE: Higbee*/McDonald/Bell

WR: Boldin/Smelter*
WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Benjamin*/Patton

LT: Staley
LG: Davis*/Thomas
C: Kilgore/Allen*
RG: Ifedi*/Tiller
RT: Schwartz*/Brown

LE: Armstead/Zettel*
NT: Harrison*/Purcell
RE: Dial/Ward*

OLB: Irvin*/Harold/Carradine
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Jones*
OLB: Lynch/Fackrell*

CB: Brock/Ward/Acker
CB: Johnson/Bademosi*/Reaser
FS: Reid/Elston*
SS: Bethea/Tartt

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

Interesting... I am not going to dissect every aspect of your wish list, but here are a few things that stood out: We need more WR help. Speed kills, but we need to replace almost our entire WR corps. I am not sold on bringing Boldin back because we need to develop a group of young receivers.

We need more depth at OL. Even if AD comes back, we need depth at all positions on the line as well as several starters.

We all would like Irvin, but a cheaper alternative would be to draft a rush LB.

I did not see mention of RB. We chewed through a lot of them this year. I actually though DeJuan Harris looked pretty good as a third down/Sproles type of back. Can Carlos Hyde can stay healthy? We can pick someone up in the draft this year....

I appreciate the thought you put into your post.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
You restructured Kaep contract but than he doesn't appear in the depth chart.

Restructured to zero over zero years
Originally posted by mayo49:
Not bad, I like it. Of course I'm hoping it'll be Goff instead of Lynch.

this

no on lynch lol
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I would prefer to resign Williams and don't sign Harrison. Benjalmin is a great deep threat but I would much rather get an all around guy in the draft. If we are getting Schwartz in the FA I wouldn't pick an OL in the 2nd round because we already have Tiller and Brown. I wouldn't pick Lynch at the 7th because I think there are more than 7 better players in this draft. I also disagree on the depth chart. IMO Ward should be starting at safety and Jones at ILB next to Bowman.

Benjamin is also a legit returner. I definitely approve of this. I prefer more of an all around receiver, but with better pass pro, we have the chance to be lethal with our deep ball given that we would have Smith AND Benjamin.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Coaching Staff -

HC: Hue Jackson (Plenty of ties to Baalke and Jackson)
OC: James Urban (Current WR coach for Bengals)
DC: Mike Pettine (Former HC of the Browns)

Roster Moves -

Cut: Brooks, Pears, Simpson, M. Martin, Lemonier, Dorsey (Injury Settlement)

Resign: Boldin, Davis (un-retires), Dawson, Tiller (RFA), Wilhoite (RFA)

Free Agency:

Bruce Irvin - DE/LB - Seahawks: Baalke is clearly upset about the 2012 draft, and he redeems himself in FA by getting his draft crush in 2012.

Damon Harrison - NT - Jets: We opt for health and spend some dough to convert to a 2 gap scheme for Pettine's D.

Mitchell Schwartz - OT - Browns: New starting RT that displaces A. Davis to LG.

Travis Benjamin - WR - Browns: Speed kills in the NFL, and Benjamin opens the field for the rest of the offense.

Johnson Bademosi - CB - Browns: Low cost signing that competes for a #4 spot on our roster. Special teams standout.

Trade: Texans trade 4th round pick for 49ers Colin Kaepernick.

NFL Draft -

R1: Paxton Lynch - QB - Memphis: Lots to love, lots to nitpick, but Lynch has the frame and skills to thrive in Jackson's offensive scheme.

R2: Germain Ifedi - OT/OG - Texas A&M: Instant starter at RG that can kick out to RT if needed. He can also play LT and LG if needed.

R3: Deion Jones - ILB - LSU: With Bowman's history and eroding depth, we take Jones to re-establish our defensive dominance.

R4: Anthony Zettel - DT/DE - Penn St: Hard nosed football player that competes with Armstead and Dial for playing time.

49ers trade two 5th round picks for Lions 4th round pick

R4: Tyler Higbee - TE - Western Kent (via DET): When he was healthy, he was the most explosive TE in college. Huge upgrade to Celek.

R4: Kyler Fackrell - DE/LB - Utah St (via HOU): Rotational player that's a solid tackler. He can spell Lynch/Irvin during games with Harold.

R4: Jack Allen - C - Michigan St (comp): If he was 2-3 inches taller, he'd be a 2nd round pick. Allen is insurance to Kilgore.

R5: Brandon Allen - QB - Arkansas (comp): Developmental prospect to potentially replace Gabbert in 2017.

R6: Jihad Ward - DT/DE - Illinois (via DAL): Comparable frame to Dial, Ward rounds out our DL.

R6: Trae Elston - S - Ole Miss (via DEN): Depth at safety and ST performer. Replaces McCray.

R6: Elijhaa Penny - RB/FB - Idaho (comp): Younger version of a Draughn type back.

R6: Joshua Holsey - CB/S - Auburn (comp): Annual all ACL injury team. Depth for 2017.

Depth Chart -

QB: Lynch*/Gabbert/Allen*
RB: Hyde/Davis/Harris/Penny*
FB: Miller
TE: Higbee*/McDonald/Bell

WR: Boldin/Smelter*
WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Benjamin*/Patton

LT: Staley
LG: Davis*/Thomas
C: Kilgore/Allen*
RG: Ifedi*/Tiller
RT: Schwartz*/Brown

LE: Armstead/Zettel*
NT: Harrison*/Purcell
RE: Dial/Ward*

OLB: Irvin*/Harold/Carradine
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Jones*
OLB: Lynch/Fackrell*

CB: Brock/Ward/Acker
CB: Johnson/Bademosi*/Reaser
FS: Reid/Elston*
SS: Bethea/Tartt

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

Damn good mock and free agent signings. I'd rather keep our own Ian Williams, who wants to stay anyway and I'd bring in a DE that could start. Dial is an ok starter, but would be great as a backup. I'd aim for Muhammed Wilkerson, Malik Jackson, or Derek Wolfe.
Pee-eww Jackson.
That is a good plan. Nice work, Geek.
I would like this.
i like this. iv always like hue as our coach, he took a s**t team in oakland and turned it around in one year he could do great with us. not sure why you didnt address RB we went through more players this year at that position than any other. i think draughn did great this year running an catching passes it would be un wise to not bring him back giving us at least hyde, draughn and davis. add a 4th in case we lose all our backs again
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I like your draft, I like lynch more than all qbs. But I don't think lynch should start year 1... No qb is ready in this draft imo. I don't want an Alex Smith situation again....
Share 49ersWebzone