There are 203 users in the forums

WR Laquon Treadwell

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Meh. Not a fan of taking him that early. People acting as if he's Julio Jones or AJ Green.

He's not either of those guys. I dont think he's even DeVante Parker who went 15th last draft.

He looks like a big possession receiver in the NFL with his ceiling being Alshon Jeffery.

I'd much rather trade down, get additional picks and take Michael Thomas of Ohio State who Ive been really impressed with despite him playing in a weak QB offense.

Just my 5 cents.

Alshon Jeffery is pretty Damn good if he wasn't always hurt but is say
Laquan Treadwell> Terrell Owens

Blasphemy. Treadwell is not better than one of the top 5 WR's of all time. He's not as good a prospect as Calvin, Green, Julio, Watkins, Evans, or Cooper in recent memory. He's getting an awful lot of love for a 6'2 jump ball receiver.

Right now no he's not obviously but the potential is there for that kind of player. I wasn't saying as of right now but if he reaches his ceiling
Meh. Not a fan of taking him that early. People acting as if he's Julio Jones or AJ Green.

He's not either of those guys. I dont think he's even DeVante Parker who went 15th last draft.

He looks like a big possession receiver in the NFL with his ceiling being Alshon Jeffery.

I'd much rather trade down, get additional picks and take Michael Thomas of Ohio State who Ive been really impressed with despite him playing in a weak QB offense.

Just my 5 cents.

Blasphemy. Treadwell is not better than one of the top 5 WR's of all time. He's not as good a prospect as Calvin, Green, Julio, Watkins, Evans, or Cooper in recent memory. He's getting an awful lot of love for a 6'2 jump ball receiver.

Right now no he's not obviously but the potential is there for that kind of player. I wasn't saying as of right now but if he reaches his ceiling

His ceiling isn't that high in my opinion. I could see him being a #1 WR, but he would have been the 3rd WR at best in last year's class behind Cooper and White. Treadwell doesn't have Owens' athleticism and I think he'll measure 6'2 not 6'3 at the combine. His ceiling may be a less explosive Dez Bryant which is still a #1 WR but not a top 5 WR of all time.

Just my 5 cents.

His ceiling isn't that high in my opinion. I could see him being a #1 WR, but he would have been the 3rd WR at best in last year's class behind Cooper and White. Treadwell doesn't have Owens' athleticism and I think he'll measure 6'2 not 6'3 at the combine. His ceiling may be a less explosive Dez Bryant which is still a #1 WR but not a top 5 WR of all time.

I agree at almost everything. The only thing I disagree is that he would be the 3rd WR in last year class because I liked Parker much more than I like Treadwell.
If Hue Jackson is our coach I say we draft Laquan in the 1st and Carson Wentz in the 2nd to learn behind Gabbert for a year.
He shouldn't be a top 15 pick in my opinion.
I like treadwell but only if we trade down. The wrs this year doesn't seem that strong.

He reminds me of Dez to be honest...Nothing wrong with being a top 3 WR in last years draft class it was pretty good. I wouldn't hate the pick because we need help everywhere.
There's a lot of value to be had in trading down in this draft and Treadwell is a perfect example.

I rate him, and I think he'd be the perfect guy to learn off Boldin with the view to becoming his permanent replacement.

As others have said though, not at #7. Feel the same way about the QB class. I don't think there's a stand out QB as far as talent goes. There's just some guys who are a little more NFL ready than others. Would be more than happy to take a 2nd/3rd round QB in this draft as I think they have as much potential as the top rated QB's with a season or 2 of development.
I'll wait until the combine for Treadwell but he's imo the best blocking WR in the draft.
What's this guy's real value? I'm assuming he will be big on Chip's radar

Originally posted by YungAce:

It's gonna be how Baalke sees a player fitting with Chip. Chip traded Desean Jackson and let Jeremy Maclin go. So WR isn't something Chip clearly values.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by YungAce:

It's gonna be how Baalke sees a player fitting with Chip. Chip traded Desean Jackson and let Jeremy Maclin go. So WR isn't something Chip clearly values.

Remember Chip drafted Agholor.

really? Nelson Agholor was Chip's first pick...

Treadwell becomes a very likely pick as he has potential to be a better version of Jordan Matthews.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Treadwell becomes a very likely pick as he has potential to be a better version of Jordan Matthews.

Very true. But it will come down to Baalke.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

No doubt. Treadwell is just as likely to be taken by us as ANYBODY else. I think it's safe to assume a QB in the top 10 is eliminated for us now.
Share 49ersWebzone