LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

WR Laquon Treadwell

Originally posted by btthepunk:
If Kelly can make Foles and Riley Cooper look great he can do the same here.

Are you comparing Treadwelp to Cooper and saying we should draft him at 7?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Who the hell are the scouts who scout wrs in Pittsburgh? Antonio brown, Martavius Bryant and Marcus wheaton all 3rd Rd or later picks. Then you have emmanuel sanders and Mike Wallace who were late picks as well

I think this has more to do with Roethlisberger being a baller than the GM finding great receivers (although it's clearly some of both).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 6, 2016 at 2:34 AM ]
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Hi ,

Quick Question: Why are the most dominant WIDE RECEIVERS IN THE LEAGUE usually on non-playoff teams?

Perhaps we are all overestimating the value of the wide receiver position, in that, we (Zoners) are actually considering drafting a WR at freakin' number 7 even though the WR position doesn't seem to "move the needle" very much in terms of overall success

Denver - Demaryius Thomas
New England - Gronkowski is more receiver than tight end but they also have Edelman
Pittsburgh - Antonio Brown plus others
Cincinatti - AJ Green
Kansas City - Jeremy Maclin
Houston - Deandre Hopkins
Carolina - exception
Arizona - Larry Fitzgerald
Washington - Desean Jackson/Pierre Garcon or an exception
Seattle - Doug Baldwin played like an elite receiver the second half of the year
Minnesota - exception
Green Bay - didn't have Jordy Nelson but how does he change their season

Who the hell are the scouts who scout wrs in Pittsburgh? Antonio brown, Martavius Bryant and Marcus wheaton all 3rd Rd or later picks. Then you have emmanuel sanders and Mike Wallace who were late picks as well

all a little bit similar.. speedy AF. They dont need the michael crabtree dudes when they have all these burners that have the YAC
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Treadwell, but I like my #7 pick to have a little more speed.
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Hi ,

Quick Question: Why are the most dominant WIDE RECEIVERS IN THE LEAGUE usually on non-playoff teams?

Perhaps we are all overestimating the value of the wide receiver position, in that, we (Zoners) are actually considering drafting a WR at freakin' number 7 even though the WR position doesn't seem to "move the needle" very much in terms of overall success

Denver - Demaryius Thomas
New England - Gronkowski is more receiver than tight end but they also have Edelman
Pittsburgh - Antonio Brown plus others
Cincinatti - AJ Green
Kansas City - Jeremy Maclin
Houston - Deandre Hopkins
Carolina - exception
Arizona - Larry Fitzgerald
Washington - Desean Jackson/Pierre Garcon or an exception
Seattle - Doug Baldwin played like an elite receiver the second half of the year
Minnesota - exception
Green Bay - didn't have Jordy Nelson but how does he change their season

all a little bit similar.. speedy AF. They dont need the michael crabtree dudes when they have all these burners that have the YAC

Majority named here either have good and consistent QB play or good OC or both.

And they drafted Sammie Coates last year. Watch out for him next year.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

I think this has more to do with Roethlisberger being a baller than the GM finding great receivers (although it's clearly some of both).

Roethlisberger certainly deserves his share of the credit. Also it should be noted that the Steelers have arguably the best offensive staff in the league. Every single one of their positional coaches are among the top 5 in the league at their craft and Todd Haley has slowly transcended into one of the elite coordinators of the league as well.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If Kelly can make Foles and Riley Cooper look great he can do the same here.

Are you comparing Treadwelp to Cooper and saying we should draft him at 7?

No.

People are saying there's no point in taking a WR because we "don't have a QB that can get him the ball."
I'm saying if Kelly can make Foles look good and tie the single game TD pass record with Cooper catching the majority of those, then he could do it with Kaep/Gabbert and Treadwell.

I go along with both evaluations and one thing is for sure, the Steeler organization has an eye for receivers.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I go along with both evaluations and one thing is for sure, the Steeler organization has an eye for receivers.

We need to Baalke ass to the Steelers for a n eye-transplant.

pass
I'd be fine with the pick not my favorite player or choice but we'd land the best WR in the draft at a position of need.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd be fine with the pick not my favorite player or choice but we'd land the best WR in the draft at a position of need.

We landed the best receiver in the Crabtree draft. Didn't help us. Stay on the Noah Spence bandwagon
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We landed the best receiver in the Crabtree draft. Didn't help us. Stay on the Noah Spence bandwagon

I'd rather have spence but I could careless about a pick in 2009...different coaching staff not the same player IMO.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

And they drafted Sammie Coates last year. Watch out for him next year.

Yeah, their scouting department has been incredible with WRs. Ben deserves some credit, but those are some talented guys.

Speaking of Sanders, he's the best WR in Denver. Thomas doesn't come close to him.
Share 49ersWebzone