LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

WR Laquon Treadwell

• Kuya
  • Veteran
This year's #1 Wide Receiver will likely be available when we draft
Can't wait to watch him at the combine.
If Goff,Tunsil,Bosa,are all gone at 7 and if Sean Payton is our next coach I would have no problem if Treadwell is the pick
Meh. Not a fan of taking him that early. People acting as if he's Julio Jones or AJ Green.

He's not either of those guys. I dont think he's even DeVante Parker who went 15th last draft.

He looks like a big possession receiver in the NFL with his ceiling being Alshon Jeffery.

I'd much rather trade down, get additional picks and take Michael Thomas of Ohio State who Ive been really impressed with despite him playing in a weak QB offense.

Just my 5 cents.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 4, 2016 at 6:04 AM ]
Only seen him once. Good, but not that good, I thought. You'd want him, but he isn't the franchise.
He reminds me of a young Anquan Boldin! He has great hands high points the ball, and you just know he's comin down with it. He doesn't have 4.3 speed but he is an absolute stud. Best run blocking receiver I've seen come out in a long time. He will be a top ten receiver in this league. And he's very young born in 95 I believe
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Only seen him once. Good, but not that good, I thought. You'd want him, but he isn't the franchise.

Not the franchise. But outside of Bosa, I'm not sure who in this draft would qualify. It's a solid draft in the top 10 -- but few if any franchise-savers.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Meh. Not a fan of taking him that early. People acting as if he's Julio Jones or AJ Green.

He's not either of those guys. I dont think he's even DeVante Parker who went 15th last draft.

He looks like a big possession receiver in the NFL with his ceiling being Alshon Jeffery.

I'd much rather trade down, get additional picks and take Michael Thomas of Ohio State who Ive been really impressed with despite him playing in a weak QB offense.

Just my 5 cents.

Alshon Jeffery is pretty Damn good if he wasn't always hurt but is say
Laquan Treadwell> Terrell Owens
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Just my 5 cents.

Alshon Jeffery is pretty Damn good if he wasn't always hurt but is say
Laquan Treadwell> Terrell Owens

Blasphemy. Treadwell is not better than one of the top 5 WR's of all time. He's not as good a prospect as Calvin, Green, Julio, Watkins, Evans, or Cooper in recent memory. He's getting an awful lot of love for a 6'2 jump ball receiver.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Blasphemy. Treadwell is not better than one of the top 5 WR's of all time. He's not as good a prospect as Calvin, Green, Julio, Watkins, Evans, or Cooper in recent memory. He's getting an awful lot of love for a 6'2 jump ball receiver.

Not unlike a lot of players near the top of this draft.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Love to take this kid at #7, if all the QB's are gone.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

This. He's not Mike Evans or AJ Green or Julio Jones. He has the makings of a good #2 WR in the NFL. You dont draft that guy with the 7th pick if you can get Thomas, Doctson and others later.
IMO he's overrated and is in the same level of Doctson, Thomas and Boyd.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:47 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We don't need Laquan, we have Patton and he's ready to become Big Time... I say we draft the kid from Baylor in the 2nd round rather.. or Braxton Miller, ex QB of Ohio State, this guy can be the next Anquan Boldin in my opinion..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Laquon Treadwell entering the draft wp.me/p14QSB-9XhQ
Share 49ersWebzone