There are 217 users in the forums

Why not 2 QB's?

With the Niners draft standing coming into focus, the momentum is building for the team to take their QB of the future in Jared Goff. My thought is........why not double down? The Niners should end up with 12 picks after comp picks and there are a few intriguing prospects in the middle to late rounds at QB. Keeping Gabbert appears a certainty, but I wouldn't mind having any of these QB's over Dylan Thompson as a 3rd option:

Nate Sudfeld Indiana
Byron Allen Arkansas
Kevin Hogan Stanford
Taysom Hill BYU

Your thoughts........
I'd have no problem taking 2 qb's to go with Gabbert if Kap is traded. Someone in round 1 or 2 and then someone in the late mid rounds to late rounds. We could use the competition but at the same time I'm not so sure we would want to go any higher than round 4 or 5 for our 2nd qb. If you take someone in say round 3 to go with your #1 or 2 round guy that creates a lot of controversy. Shows you dont believe fully in your 1st qb you pick. So round 1 or 2 and then 4 or 5 would be ok with me. No doubt we need an upgrade over Thompson as the #3 qb and their is crap out there for backup qbs in this league.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:36 AM ]
Why not take a shot at Vernon Adams?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
With the Niners draft standing coming into focus, the momentum is building for the team to take their QB of the future in Jared Goff. My thought is........why not double down? The Niners should end up with 12 picks after comp picks and there are a few intriguing prospects in the middle to late rounds at QB. Keeping Gabbert appears a certainty, but I wouldn't mind having any of these QB's over Dylan Thompson as a 3rd option:

Nate Sudfeld Indiana
Byron Allen Arkansas
Kevin Hogan Stanford
Taysom Hill BYU

Your thoughts........
What rounds are we talking about?
I love the idea but like someone mentioned, not very early for the second one.
Originally posted by communist:

Nate Sudfeld Indiana
Byron Allen Arkansas
Kevin Hogan Stanford
Taysom Hill BYU

Your thoughts........
What rounds are we talking about?

The earliest the 4th round and the latest the 6th.
Because we have too many holes we need players
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That is in fact a very good idea. I was just checking on Browns' forum and some dude brought up why not take Goff and Jones and it struck me why can't the 9ers take 2 QBs too? Having said that, we have to make sure we land Goff first no matter what before we think about 2 QBs. If Goff is taken by the Browns I am not quite sure what I want to do.
would be ok with it but please take my lovely Doughty into consideration, thank you.
Who knows, perhaps we will receive a comp 4th-rounder, then I would highly consider drafting an additional QB with that.
I'd like Goff and maybe Kiel in the 4th if he fell

A Washington Redskins scenario? Take RG3 then Cousins in the 4th. The first round QB busts and the late round QB flourishes.
I was thinking the same thing. Thompson is unlikely to be a viable starting candidate. Kaep is likely gone. Next season, they should have three QBs on the roster that they'd feel somewhat comfortable developing into a good starter. Whether that means drafting two QBs or making some FA signings, they need to add more competition there. A rebuilding team needs promising depth at QB.
I have been advocating for this since it was all but a certainty that Kaepernick was gone. It only makes sense to get as many talented arms in here as possible.
Originally posted by communist:
would be ok with it but please take my lovely Doughty into consideration, thank you.
Who knows, perhaps we will receive a comp 4th-rounder, then I would highly consider drafting an additional QB with that.

Doughty would be another nice addition to this list. Definitely fits the profile of a mid round pick with some talent and upside.
Doughty would be another nice addition to this list. Definitely fits the profile of a mid round pick with some talent and upside.

He is the one I want 4th or later.
Share 49ersWebzone