LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Vernon Adams - QB Oregon

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Yep, Troy Smith.. but I really wouldnt mind a 5th round on down for another QB that we hope can polish..
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
didn't mean to be rude, just saying its easier to judge with your own eyes.

there's plenty of vids on youtube i think.

does this work for you in europe?
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/vernon-adams-jr-shrine-game-224937392.html

Thank you.... So I missunderstood you! Sorry ...

Thanks for the links... l'll try them, as soon aus I get home.

Actually I am an Oregon Duck, studied there, so I would love to see Adams succeed with "my 49ers"
I'm a Duck fan and caught a lot of games this year. I always thought athletically he looked like a short stop playing football. He usually got up kind of gingerly after just about every hit and I was always worried he would get hurt. He also needed to scramble sometimes not to avoid pressure, but to create his own passing lanes.
He's an interesting proposition but I don't really see it....
Interesting point of view on Twitter.

http://drafthitta.com/2016/01/25/vernon-adams-jr-a-familiar-story
So Russell Wilson is taller than this guy??
Originally posted by oregonniner:
I'm a Duck fan and caught a lot of games this year. I always thought athletically he looked like a short stop playing football. He usually got up kind of gingerly after just about every hit and I was always worried he would get hurt. He also needed to scramble sometimes not to avoid pressure, but to create his own passing lanes.

This ^
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

Slightly taller, better built, bigger hands, stronger arm, more accurate, more athletic......but otherwise they are the same guy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Slightly taller, better built, bigger hands, stronger arm, more accurate, more athletic......but otherwise they are the same guy.

lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No thanks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chantel Jennings ‏@ChantelJennings
Just spoke with former Oregon QB Vernon Adams Jr. (@vadams_qb), who said he got his NFL Combine invite this morning.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Chantel Jennings ‏@ChantelJennings
Just spoke with former Oregon QB Vernon Adams Jr. (@vadams_qb), who said he got his NFL Combine invite this morning.
I'm gonna have to say no on this one. He has all the signs of a "college" qb. He lacks any fundamentals, the guy bounces around the pocket and doesn't sense pressure very well. He's very jumpy. His footwork is very poor. Comparisons to Russell Wilson are way off base to me. Go watch RW in college. He was the real deal. The ONLY thing holding him back was his height. Mel Kiper even said "if there was any (small qb) who could make it, it would be this guy". This guy is much more Troy Smith than RW.
Here is an interesting take on VA :http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/01/21/oregon-qb-vernon-adams-jr-playmaker/
Share 49ersWebzone