There are 144 users in the forums

Vernon Adams - QB Oregon

short and a super low release point

and he is slow
Originally posted by 9moon:
I still think he and JaMarcus are worth lookin at during Training Camp..

This has to be nominated for post of the year.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Tell me why not?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Tell me why not?

ugh, why? If he made a clear and logical argument, would you change your mind?
Vernon Adams appears headed to the CFL.

After tryouts in Washington and Seattle were unsuccessful, former Oregon quarterback Vernon Adams appears to be headed to Canada.

Adams, who attended rookie minicamp tryouts each of the last two weekends but was not signed by either team, told ESPN that he'd like to prove what he can do in the Canadian Football League.

"I could be like a Warren Moon or Doug Flutie," he said. "All I need is a chance. . . . If they can stop looking at my height and give me a chance they'd get a teammate with a lot of energy and a great leader."

The BC Lions own the 5-foot-11 Adams' CFL rights. TSN reports that Adams is in talks with the team and is expected to compete to be the third-string quarterback as a rookie.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/16/vernon-adams-appears-headed-to-the-cfl/

This dude just doesn't realize he's not as good as he believes. Seattle made Russell Wilson a 3rd round pick, and he's the same height as Adams. Pretty sure if anyone gave you a chance, it'd be them. Not only that, he didn't impress Scot Mccloughan in Washington, who was part of the front office that drafted Wilson.

Adams needs a reality check, and it's just that 32 NFL teams aren't impressed with your skill level, not just your height. Have fun in Canada. Pack warmly.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
This dude just doesn't realize he's not as good as he believes. Seattle made Russell Wilson a 3rd round pick, and he's the same height as Adams. Pretty sure if anyone gave you a chance, it'd be them. Not only that, he didn't impress Scot Mccloughan in Washington, who was part of the front office that drafted Wilson.

Adams needs a reality check, and it's just that 32 NFL teams aren't impressed with your skill level, not just your height. Have fun in Canada. Pack warmly.

Going to Canada, working his ass off and playing well is his ticket to the NFL. Rather than complaining about teams passing him over, he needs to go out there and prove that they screwed up by playing at a high level, all that talking isn't going to help him one bit at this point. He has a great shot with BC, his competition is Travis Lulay, formerly of Montana State and Jonathon Jennings of Saginaw Valley State. If he's as good as he believes, he should be able to beat out both those guys.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Going to Canada, working his ass off and playing well is his ticket to the NFL. Rather than complaining about teams passing him over, he needs to go out there and prove that they screwed up by playing at a high level, all that talking isn't going to help him one bit at this point. He has a great shot with BC, his competition is Travis Lulay, formerly of Montana State and Jonathon Jennings of Saginaw Valley State. If he's as good as he believes, he should be able to beat out both those guys.

If Jeremiah Masoli can do it, I think Adams can too.

Lulay is the veteran but has an extensive history of shoulder and concussion problems.

FYI to the group, two CFL QB you may have heard are Doug Flutie and SF's own Jeff Garcia.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Lulay is the veteran but has an extensive history of shoulder and concussion problems.

FYI to the group, two CFL QB you may have heard are Doug Flutie and SF's own Jeff Garcia.

• Jcool
  • Veteran

[ Edited by Jcool on May 20, 2016 at 5:17 PM ]

Originally posted by Jcool:

From undrafted in the NFL to hot property in the CFL.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
hes going to have to work his way up like jeff garcia, hopefully it works out for him
Originally posted by FaTaL:
hes going to have to work his way up like jeff garcia, hopefully it works out for him

This
Maybe if he tears his ACL in Canada we will give him a shot
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN

As @CFL regular season begins, I spoke with @vadams_qb about his transition to @MTLAlouettes. Skills match game well

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16372363/quarterback-vernon-adams-use-cfl-montreal-alouettes-launchpad
Share 49ersWebzone