I got mine in Buckner

Could have had both
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I hate goodbyes. Another year and another draft crush gone

I got mine in Buckner

Could have had both

True...I was all about Garnett with our 2nd pick. Had Buckner and Garnett mocked there for a while.

Liked spence but interested to see what Eli/tank can do at OLB this year.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wanted us to trade down to Tennessee's spot, draft Vernon Bulter (LaTech) and Noah in the 2nd round.. Move up again in the 2nd round, and draft Garnett or the next best OG available..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wanted us to trade down to Tennessee's spot, draft Vernon Bulter (LaTech) and Noah in the 2nd round.. Move up again in the 2nd round, and draft Garnett or the next best OG available..

I have no problem with Buckner. None. But before the draft I never could fathom the thought of getting Both. If someone's mock draft had Buckner in the first and spence in the second he got ripped cause no way spence would fall. I know I was guilty of it
He's lookin good for the Buccs his jump off the line is amazing.
Not sure about how he would have converted as a 3/4 linebacker but I'm happy he is doing well in Tampa. His 5 1/2 sacks with Buckner's production sure would have looked good together.
Originally posted by 9moon:

I wanted Buckner but was very intrigued w/Vernon Butler.

How'd he do this season??
He was hurt first half of the season if I'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
He was hurt first half of the season if I'm not mistaken.

I think he had some hamstring thing early but it was just a nagging thing. He didn't miss any games.
Really wanted us to draft Spence last season.

He jacked up his shoulder earlier in the year and still turned in a productive season. A healthy sophomore year and he should be putting out double digit sacks.
Share 49ersWebzone