LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Noah Spence DE E.Kentucky

I'm probably being really dumb but I just feel like Spence is going to be the pick at #7 and the webzone will explode with fire Baalke.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm probably being really dumb but I just feel like Spence is going to be the pick at #7 and the webzone will explode with fire Baalke.

I doubt he goes that high. The talent is there but the drug issues will prevent him from going there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I doubt he goes that high. The talent is there but the drug issues will prevent him from going there.

That's why I feel dumb and last year I thought we would draft Marcus Peters. But watching his film it just screams top 10 talent. If he interviews well at the combine and Baalke gives up on the "win with class" it might get called a reach at first. But as I said I'm probably just being dumb and we will go with a safe pick. I agree his Ecstacy issue raises an eyebrow a little bit higher than someone who gets popped for pot. And lying to his coaches about his first offense is a No No. But man if someone wants to judge a 19 year old for lying when he gets in trouble trying to get out of trouble then it better be the pope.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, that "winning with class" motto had done nothing but bite us in the (_)_)... we have leaders in this team, great ones, and all we need to do is draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS instead of BOYSCOUTS who can play football..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Personally, that "winning with class" motto had done nothing but bite us in the (_)_)... we have leaders in this team, great ones, and all we need to do is draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS instead of BOYSCOUTS who can play football..

I agree with the idea of not drafting knuckle head players. I remember being stressed every time I woke up in the 49ers offseason when we had Aldon Smith afraid of a NFL update about a player getting arrested. But there have been examples of players who have no red flags coming out that once they get some cash they find trouble and on the opposite side players with red flags in college have changed to become good to great players. So I'm on the fence about the whole thing. Personally Noah Spence reminds me of Robert Quinn and is worth a top 10 pick just skill wise.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CRAZY MIND of mine is thinking that we are going to trade down a couple of time and surprise the board by drafting this guy...

I never thought I'd say this, but this guy reminds me a notch below Lawrence Taylor and a notch above the late Derrick Thomas...

if this kid falls to the Rams, Seattle or Cardinals... it's over for us..
Did this guy get into any trouble while he was at Eastern Kentucky?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Personally Noah Spence reminds me of Robert Quinn and is worth a top 10 pick just skill wise.

How? What are the similarities?
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Did this guy get into any trouble while he was at Eastern Kentucky?

Curious to know this as well

Err, we did that. His name was Aldon Smith. You didn't like that either.

Originally posted by English:
Err, we did that. His name was Aldon Smith. You didn't like that either.

Only red flags I remember about Aldon was questioning his work ethic and commitment to the sport. I may be wrong I just don't recall anything about a drinking problem. Like said before it could have been a mix of him not caring about football and getting some cash to party like a rockstar.
You guys are crazy there's no way this guy is a top 10 talent. He's gifted, but draws no comparison to any of the guys listed above. He's at best a day 2 guy espially with his red flags. Reminds me of Demarcus Lawrence from Boise state. With a little less hip flexibility.
Originally posted by Bjones84:
You guys are crazy there's no way this guy is a top 10 talent. He's gifted, but draws no comparison to any of the guys listed above. He's at best a day 2 guy espially with his red flags. Reminds me of Demarcus Lawrence from Boise state. With a little less hip flexibility.

I'll stick with my Robert Quinn comparison.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I think he's this years DGB Draft wise. My guess is he gets picked up at the end of the 1st round.
Man the more flim I watch on this kid the more I want
Share 49ersWebzone