LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 332 users in the forums

Who would be your pick?

Who would be your pick?

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I picked Buckner.

I love Lynch upside but I don't like running QBs. Our DBs are pretty solid IMO so I think there is no need for Hargreaves or Ramsey. I don't think that Ogbah, Elliot and Treadwell provides good value. Nkemdiche has lots of red flags. Buckner is a much better fit than Robinson.

So it came down to Buckner or Stanley. Both are great but I think that DL is a much bigger need than the OL.

If Goff and Smith were available I would pick one of them.
Would you mind to explain it to me a little bit? I think that your ranking is quite exclusive

Staley, Tiller, Kilgore and AD are all proven OL. Brown has shown me good things and Boone maybe coming back so we have at least 4 good starters(4/5)

As for the DL IMO we only have Williams and Armstead and Williams is an UDFA. So we only have 1 good player under contract IMO(1/3).
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If Goff and Smith were available I would pick one of them.

You would still pick Smith at 5 even after the injury? What if he has to sit out year one

Yes. IMO he is the best prospect of the class.
Yes. IMO he is the best prospect of the class.

I'd now lump Smith in with Nkemdiche. We can trade way back and land either of them. Wouldn't risk them without trading way back.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'd now lump Smith in with Nkemdiche. We can trade way back and land either of them. Wouldn't risk them without trading way back.

My thoughts with Nkemdiche, if guys like tunsil Stanley bosa and Goff are gone and were 5th. Trade down for one of the more sure guys.
Trade down as far as possible is what I think after the Jaylon injury. That being said Ronnie Stanley is the clear cut best option.

1.Ronnie Stanley
2.Myles Jack
3.Jalen Ramsey
From that list, A'Shawn Robinson. When Fangio was running the defense, he didn't have a dominant NT, largely because he had Ray Mac and Justin Smith book-ending the man in the middle. Well, those days are long gone and our DL, while good at times, also got steamrolled by teams that shouldn't be able to do that against us. Mr. Robinson is everything you'd want in a NT and/or DE. I say NT first, because while Ian Williams is a good player, he's definitely not dominant, either. Let's look to 2016, and the potential DL: Armstead, Robinson, Dial/?? That's a potentially very good front...a bit green yet, but they won't become stars if they don't play. I get how important OT is, but Robinson has been a key part of what has been one of the best front 7's in college football history, IMHO. Our D has to get back to dominating, vice being dominated. The stouter they are, the more plays our LB's and secondary can make, and we can get back into creating turnovers.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
From that list, A'Shawn Robinson. When Fangio was running the defense, he didn't have a dominant NT, largely because he had Ray Mac and Justin Smith book-ending the man in the middle. Well, those days are long gone and our DL, while good at times, also got steamrolled by teams that shouldn't be able to do that against us. Mr. Robinson is everything you'd want in a NT and/or DE. I say NT first, because while Ian Williams is a good player, he's definitely not dominant, either. Let's look to 2016, and the potential DL: Armstead, Robinson, Dial/?? That's a potentially very good front...a bit green yet, but they won't become stars if they don't play. I get how important OT is, but Robinson has been a key part of what has been one of the best front 7's in college football history, IMHO. Our D has to get back to dominating, vice being dominated. The stouter they are, the more plays our LB's and secondary can make, and we can get back into creating turnovers.

Williams is being dominant this season. IMO if we were going to draft Robinson he would play as a DE(AA/Williams/Robinson) unless we don't resign Williams(AA/Robinson/Dial).
We have the worst looking offense in the league, we need playmakers, we should trade down a few spots take Treadwell, pick up another 2.or trade down a little more and take Josh doctson and pick up a couple picks. If Jaylon is there in the early 2 we take him. Bring in a dynamic defensive presence like Wilkerson resign Williams. Another year in for AA and our D line is solidified. Maybe Arkansas TE in round 2 as well. Bring back Boone. Davia on the other tackle and We are on our way.We have a ton of cap space We need a number 1 we if you think that's T. Smith your nuts. Give Blaine a chance with a team that's not JV and see how it goes
Treadwell, offense has been horrible. We get our #1 WR of the future. Start putting up points
With Smiths injury and if Goff, Bosa, Tunsil and Stanley are picked either trade down or pick Ramsey.

Staley, Tiller, Kilgore and AD are all proven OL. Brown has shown me good things and Boone maybe coming back so we have at least 4 good starters(4/5)

As for the DL IMO we only have Williams and Armstead and Williams is an UDFA. So we only have 1 good player under contract IMO(1/3).
Tiller is a practically a rookie, therefore he hasn't proven anything. cant play zbs either.
Brown played how many games? two? looking better than Pears is certainly not a major challenge.
Davis is out of football for a year and he seems to be injury-prone. I don't trust him.
Staley is aging.
Originally posted by communist:

Tiller is a practically a rookie, therefore he hasn't proven anything. cant play zbs either.
Brown played how many games? two? looking better than Pears is certainly not a major challenge.
Davis is out of football for a year and he seems to be injury-prone. I don't trust him.
Staley is aging.

Tiller is not practically a rookie, he has been in the league since 2012 and this year he played at least half of the snaps since the week 7 game and most snaps since week 9. But I understand you not counting on him as a proven guy. However it would be 3/5 to the OL against 1/3 of the DL.

Brown only played 2 games however he has been good in both games(I didn't said that he was a proven guy or great just that he has been good when he played).

Davis has played all 16 games in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. The only season he missed a game was 2014. He will probably coming back but if he doesn't we still have 3 or 4 solid guys and 1 or 2 young players that have shown that can play well.

Staley is 31. He is not young but IMO he still have a few high level seasons to come.
Now that we lost 2 spots we very well could see Stanley and Ramsey off the board. Seems like 7 is more justifiable in taking Ogbah, Treadwell, Lynch, Nkemdiche, Hargreaves, etc.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Since we're at 7 now, i like Buckner. Armstead and Bucker on both ends.
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
We have the worst looking offense in the league, we need playmakers, we should trade down a few spots take Treadwell, pick up another 2.or trade down a little more and take Josh doctson and pick up a couple picks. If Jaylon is there in the early 2 we take him. Bring in a dynamic defensive presence like Wilkerson resign Williams. Another year in for AA and our D line is solidified. Maybe Arkansas TE in round 2 as well. Bring back Boone. Davia on the other tackle and We are on our way.We have a ton of cap space We need a number 1 we if you think that's T. Smith your nuts. Give Blaine a chance with a team that's not JV and see how it goes

I'm with you! We need some playmakers on offense. Start the Treadwell Train.......
Share 49ersWebzone