There are 252 users in the forums

Joshua Perry ILB/OLB?

Joshua Perry
Ohio State

6-4

STRENGTHS: Perry only knows how to play one speed with a nonstop motor, and his approach allows him to make stops other linebackers can't. He has strong hands and wrists to take on blocks and finish tackles, not allowing road blocks to slow him down in pursuit.
According to several close to the program, he is the "consummate teammate" due to his mature mental makeup and leadership traits on and off the field.

WEAKNESSES: Aggressive approach takes him out of plays at times.

IN OUR VIEW: One of only three senior starters for the Buckeyes' defense, Perry won't receive many headlines and won't be as highly drafted as other on his team, but his combination of steady play on the field and coachable attitude off of it will earn him draftable grades around the league.

--Dane Brugler (7/14/15)

[urlhttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983790/joshua-perry]CBS Sports profile[/url]

I'm a little surprised he's not being discussed on the Zone. Has got the height to cover taller TE, he plays fast, and he looks like he's mature and a good locker room guy.

Anyone have any can insight on this player? I'd like to see them look at him as an ILB.
Didn't get to watch the game, how did he look in the bowl?
I'd love to have him, he seems like he'd do well on the inside.
Can he cover TE?
Perry is flying under the radar after not participating in the Combine, but I love this kid. If he could fit next to Bowman at ILB, he could lock that position down for a decade.
He always seemed to be in on the tackle. However, I don't see anything special about him. He doesn't play as fast as he times.

He doesn't look like he could cover quicker TEs and I don't believe he ever did in college. I don't see him beating out Hodges early in his career, but that's just me. I feel like if you draft him, he'll be solid depth and looking to start in year two, especially as a 3-4 ILB.
Perry with the 133th pick anyone? We do need try to fill the void somehow. We all know Wilhoite is not the long term answer N we really dont know if Hodges will pan out
Share 49ersWebzone