LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Small School prospects/Sleepers

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Javon Hargrave NT/DT 6-2 295lbs South Carolina State

Javon Hargrave finished his senior season for the Bulldogs with 59 tackles, including 22 tackles for loss for 106 yards, 11 quarterback hurries and 13.5 sacks. For his SCSU career, Hargrave made 211 tackles including 62.5 tackles for loss, 37 of which were sacks . In his four seasons, 144 of his tackles were solo tackles.
Projected a late round pick but man those are beastly stats, watch the video, guy is a force. He is said to play in the East/West shrine game, will see what he does against better competition.
Held his own against Clemson last year. Full video below

Miles Killebrew S out of Sothern Utah University. Built like a linebacker (6'3" 230lbs) and hits like a truck. Plays the run really well and is good enough to not be a liability in coverage. Should be a mid round pick, and could even move up to the late 2nd
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:

Holy smokes man, hate to get hit by that guy
The obvious one is NDSU's Carson Wentz, I also like his teammate Joe Haeg at Tackle.

Others Miles Kilebrew, Javon Hargrave, Ronald Blair, Connor Underwood, and Jamaal Jones just to name a few.
Originally posted by jimrat:

Javon Hargrave finished his senior season for the Bulldogs with 59 tackles, including 22 tackles for loss for 106 yards, 11 quarterback hurries and 13.5 sacks. For his SCSU career, Hargrave made 211 tackles including 62.5 tackles for loss, 37 of which were sacks . In his four seasons, 144 of his tackles were solo tackles.
Projected a late round pick but man those are beastly stats, watch the video, guy is a force. He is said to play in the East/West shrine game, will see what he does against better competition.

You know, Jim Tomsula seems like the kind of guy to stick around even after he's been dismissed. I'm saying this because I would love for Tomsula to directly develop a player like this, should we bring in another coach in 2016 or 2017 and Hargrave performs well in the East-West shrine game.
Tyrone Holmes DE Montana GRIZZLIES
18 Sacks this year. 34.5 career.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Good find, this guy is really impressive
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Good find, this guy is really impressive

I'm a big Montana Griz fan so I've watched him play his whole collegiate career. Very good player. I also have seen alot of NDSU play over the last 5 years so I can tell you that QB Carson Wentz is a great QB.
I am also a Griz fan and Holmes is definitely a beast. They could not stop him at the FCS level. Van Ackeren at LB is also a good player. Probably a little light for a 3-4 scheme though

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Ian Seau- 6-3 250lbs Nevada
2015-Stats 38 tackles 9 sacks 4 forced fumbles, high motor like his uncle

looks good. but i think he's more fitted as 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DE.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

looks good. but i think he's more fitted as 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DE.

Well he is close in size to Ian Williams who is 6-1 305lbs, he would definitely have to gain another 15-20 lbs to play NT
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Look at these numbers and check out the video against Oregon 15 catches 246 yards and 3 TDs not sure if he comes out this year but he looks explosive.

Look at these numbers and check out the video against Oregon 15 catches 246 yards and 3 TDs not sure if he comes out this year but he looks explosive.

Noticed him a few weeks ago while doing quick research on draft prospects, looks good
Share 49ersWebzone