LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Mock Draft #3

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I can see Houston trading up for Goff but in this scenario they don't

currently they have the 26th pick and it would cost them a arm and a leg to move up top 10 for a QB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
currently they have the 26th pick and it would cost them a arm and a leg to move up top 10 for a QB.

Exactly why I think if we trade down or pass on Lynch/Goff they would slide in the draft.
As far as value with the trade down if there was more elite talent we could get more picks but this draft isn't loaded with elite talent so getting a 2nd would be incredible.

Exactly why I think if we trade down or pass on Lynch/Goff they would slide in the draft.

I'm on board...I don't think either are elite talent QBs (though I do like Goff over Lynch). I think Goff could be something special if given time to learn and get in the weight room.

If we could get Goff in a trade down and get at least a 2nd I would be pumped. I think that's were the real talent is end of the 1st early 2nd round.
Then we are on the same page I would not be heartbroken if we missed out on both QBs.
Then we are on the same page I would not be heartbroken if we missed out on both QBs.

I wouldn't either but if the GM/scouting dept think either one is BPA when were picking I'm fine with it...I think FA will help with figuring out the draft a lot.

I will say I'd prefer Watson next year or Rosen the year after ...I don't see this as a magical turnaround in one season by any means.
I wouldn't either but if the GM/scouting dept think either one is BPA when were picking I'm fine with it...I think FA will help with figuring out the draft a lot.

I will say I'd prefer Watson next year or Rosen the year after ...I don't see this as a magical turnaround in one season by any means.

We may not have a chance to draft them depending on how things shake out. I'm still not sold on Watson. The guy is athletic with a good arm, but he wasn't under pressure much and had wide open receivers to throw to with a clean pocket most of the time I watched him. In perfect conditions, Watson is a very good QB but we got to see Goff play with garbage surrounding him and he still looked good.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

We may not have a chance to draft them depending on how things shake out. I'm still not sold on Watson. The guy is athletic with a good arm, but he wasn't under pressure much and had wide open receivers to throw to with a clean pocket most of the time I watched him. In perfect conditions, Watson is a very good QB but we got to see Goff play with garbage surrounding him and he still looked good.

IF the coaching staff stays intact I don't really see this team doing much better than this past season...just don't. Let's see how Watson plays next season but he balled out this year can't deny that. If Goff ends up the pick I won't hate it, if he doesn't I won't be pissed either.
IF the coaching staff stays intact I don't really see this team doing much better than this past season...just don't. Let's see how Watson plays next season but he balled out this year can't deny that. If Goff ends up the pick I won't hate it, if he doesn't I won't be pissed either.

There will be other QBs worth looking at next year. If Gunner Kiel stays another year he would be the top senior and I would be very interested to watch him next year

I'm with you on that. We're probably the 2nd worst team in the league right now (last in +/- but we have a tougher schedule than the Browns). We have a ton of cap room and a higher draft pick this year, so I think the talent will improve, but that could still only mean 5-6 wins (we're playing more like a 3 win team this year looking at +/-, 3 close wins, and getting blown out against the worst team in the league).

Unfortunately, if Watson plays well, he'll probably be a top 3 pick or maybe even the top pick. If we win 6-7 games, we may be completely out of the running for him and I don't know of any other good QB's coming out (Kiel will not be a first round pick - he'd be a 4th round pick if he came out this year.

If we decide to go into free agency and not spend money to tank for Watson next year, I'd be fine with that but I can't see the team doing this. Regardless of who we pick, my preference would be to sign a bunch of young players to front loaded deals to clear up cap space down the road (and build up traceable assets) and ensure a very high draft pick next year. It would be hard to he a GM and coaching staff on board with this though.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Better get more than a 2nd to move up 8 spots to #5.

OK, I'll give you our 1st round pick this year, next year and the year after that. Then trade with the Jaguars to move back up, our 2nd round pick this year, next year and the year after that, C'mon do it you pancake eating muther f**ker!!!

Pancakes sound good
Don't think Lawler is a difference maker in the pros
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Don't think Lawler is a difference maker in the pros

Don't think the odds of getting a difference maker in the third are that high. I'd be happy with an eventual starter. Lawler has some upside with some speed at 6'3 and really big hands. He was still recognized as first team pac-12 despite having only 583 receiving yards. Early 3rd sounds about right for him given the lack of production.

According to this article, his hands are 11". Anything close to that is still ridiculous.
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_28877526/cal-receiver-kenny-lawler-might-have-force-his
Carl Lawson has apparently declared for the draft!!!!
I can see Houston trading up for Goff but in this scenario they don't

I can see them committing to Hoyer
Share 49ersWebzone