LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Mock Draft #3

Trades : Karpernick and Denvers 6th round pick to the Eagles for a 3rd round pick.

Trade our 1st #5 to the Giants for their 1st #13 and 2nd #44

Using CBS player projections.

Draft:
1st Round
Jared Goff -QB- with the Browns pick out of the way that leaves only the Bears, Lions and Cowboys as possibilities as taking a QB. We risk it and it pays off as they all give their veteran QBs another year. We get the local kid and let him sit behind Gabbert until he proves he is ready.

2nd Round
Vadal Alexander -LG- with the potential loss of Alex Boone we need to get a Guard who can come in and start from Training camp. With the potential of Brandon Thomas and Andrew Tiller at Guard we should have solidified our interior line.

Pick 2 - Carl Lawson -OLB- A freak athlete who could play outside linebacker in pass rushing situations. Has great explosion off the line and violent hands could compliment Aaron Lynch extremely well.

Round 3
Kenny Lawler -WR- A comfort pick for Goff having his teammate and favorite target from college coming to the same team. The chemistry will already be there.

Pick 2 - Scooby Wright -ILB- My favorite player in the draft. I was surprised to see CBS have him ranked this low but looking at it objectively he is a 2 down Linebacker who is a liability in pass coverage. Probably will be the 3rd Linebacker behind Bowman and Hodges to start but will work his way into our base sets with Hodges handling Nickle snaps.

Round 4
Anthony Zettel -DL- I'm hopeful we will be able to land Derek Wolfe in free agency but Zettel remind me of Wolfe in college.

Pick 2 - Willie Beavers -OT- with the emergence of Trent Brown and Anthony Davis inevitable return Offensive tackle isn't a gaping hole but we could still use a Tackle to groom. Joe Staley would gladly take Beavers under his wing and teach a fellow alum of western michigan the ropes.

Round 5
Tre Madden -RB- Shonn Draughn should be brought back next year and be the #2 behind Hyde. With Davis and Madden our RBs should be a strength again.

Pick 2 - Jake McGee -TE- injury special in round 6. Not saying McGee would have been a top rated TE this year but he is big athletic enough to be a clone of Celek.

Round 6
Marshall Morgan -K- Dawson can't kick forver.

Pick 2 - Silverberry Mouhon -OLB- more depth at OLB with Tank, Lynch, Harold, Lawson, Mouhon. Brooks and Lemon get their pink slips. Mouhon can contribute to special teams.

I did not address Center in the draft since Kilgore will be back to full health next year and Martin is still under his rookie deal. Carl Lawson was not CBS position rankings (could have sworn I heard he declared for the draft) so I'm figuring he goes somewhere in the second due to injury concerns. I'm not expecting Baalke to be to active in free agency as always he will wait and pick off players who get looked over but I'm hopeful he is aggressive going after Wolfe.
I think they get more than that for Kaepernick. Also I can see them trading Anthony Davis. He wasn't well liked in the dressing room, and the hiatus was probably the last straw. Maybe even a Kaepernick/Davis trade package. That would appeal to a few teams, who want instant contributions at the expense of a couple of draft picks or three.

I like a trade back, but I don't think they would pass on one of the two top corners, Hargreaves and Ramsey. If they think Ramsey can be a good NFL corner, he would likely be the guy, since he is bigger, more physical, and more versatile than Hargreaves. But VH III is as good a pure corner as has come down the road in a long while. Second round, I really like Jack Conklin and Scooby Wright. I think they're similar players in terms of their makeup and leadership contributions. Ideally, they could get both. Beyond that, an offensive weapon like Pharoh Cooper, Derrick Henry, or even Hunter Henry, since the TE position looks shaky at the moment. Any one of the three would help a lot early on.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Better get more than a 2nd to move up 8 spots to #5.
I was thinking of possibly throwing in Demarco Murray trade into the Kaep trade but seeing as how high his cap hit is the Eagles would be doing us a favor.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Draft calculator said its a pretty even trade.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Draft calculator said its a pretty even trade.

Word.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

OK, I'll give you our 1st round pick this year, next year and the year after that. Then trade with the Jaguars to move back up, our 2nd round pick this year, next year and the year after that, C'mon do it you pancake eating muther f**ker!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
OK, I'll give you our 1st round pick this year, next year and the year after that. Then trade with the Jaguars to move back up, our 2nd round pick this year, next year and the year after that, C'mon do it you pancake eating muther f**ker!!!

Kevin Kostners only good line in the entire movie.
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
I think they get more than that for Kaepernick. Also I can see them trading Anthony Davis. He wasn't well liked in the dressing room, and the hiatus was probably the last straw. Maybe even a Kaepernick/Davis trade package. That would appeal to a few teams, who want instant contributions at the expense of a couple of draft picks or three.

I like a trade back, but I don't think they would pass on one of the two top corners, Hargreaves and Ramsey. If they think Ramsey can be a good NFL corner, he would likely be the guy, since he is bigger, more physical, and more versatile than Hargreaves. But VH III is as good a pure corner as has come down the road in a long while. Second round, I really like Jack Conklin and Scooby Wright. I think they're similar players in terms of their makeup and leadership contributions. Ideally, they could get both. Beyond that, an offensive weapon like Pharoh Cooper, Derrick Henry, or even Hunter Henry, since the TE position looks shaky at the moment. Any one of the three would help a lot early on.

Cooper and Henry have a 2nd round grade on them and I am prioritizing the O-Line and a Pass Rusher over WR and TE. We will hopefully resign Celek and we have Bell who both have looked serviceable. As far as Corner goes I'm not big on VHlll he is talented but I like Desmond King better and I think Ramsey is a shoe in for Baltimore as a Free Safety.
Goff will be gone before pick #13

Originally posted by pickle:
Goff will be gone before pick #13

Trade up? Detroit? Dallas? Chicago? If we miss out on him darn then Draft Desmond King or a Buckner.
I can see Houston trading up for Goff but in this scenario they don't
Don't think we'd be able to trade back down to 13 and still get Goff or risk doing that if we want him. If we do draft Goff, I want to give him the best chance to succeed so I like the picks of Alexander, Lawler, and Madden.
I dont totally hate Goff.. but I think Lynch is the better QB and will be the better NFL QB for years to come.

Agreed. Another 2nd or 3rd round pick would be required at the minimum.
Share 49ersWebzone