Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
1st round prospects
1.Goff
2.Lynch

2nd round prospects
3.Wentz
4.Cook
5.Hogan

and the value here is better in the second. imo. boost either line, or get ilb sowed up and draft qb in the second
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
The draft class is solid.
There are some senior sleepers who might actually become starters in nfl

compare this draft class to the last 10 qb wise. i would bet its not top 5
1. Lynch
2. Wentz
3. Goff
4. Doughty
5. Cook
Goff is better QB prospect than anyone in the last 10 years
Originally posted by The411:
Goff is better QB prospect than anyone in the last 10 years

Is this sarcasm?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is this sarcasm?

Has to be. I like Goff but he's not a better prospect than Winston or Mariota. I don't think he's far off though.
I don't know what it is about Lynch's throwing motion, but it reminds me of Kap
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is this sarcasm?

Has to be. I like Goff but he's not a better prospect than Winston or Mariota. I don't think he's far off though.

Or Newton. Or Luck. Or Ryan. Or Stafford.

All will be more highly graded than Goff. Plus likely several others who were drafted in the 1st over the past 10 years. Flacco, Rodgers, Smith, etc.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

Youre not wrong there. He has an elongated delivery similar to Kaepernick, not as bad as Rivers or Kecin Hogan but its certainly something to consider.

That said, Kaepernick's main issues have been reading defenses, quickly moving through progressions and having a slower reaction time.

You can get by with a longer throwing motion...John Elway had a very unconventional delivery....but you'd better be a quick decision maker and have some arm strength to go along with it as your margin of error decreases compared to a guy with a compact delivery.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 24, 2015 at 8:51 AM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

Youre not wrong there. He has an elongated delivery sinilar to Kaepernick, not as bad as Rivers or Kecin Hogan but its certainly something to consider.

That said, Kaepernick's main issues have been reading defenses, quickly moving through progressions and having a slower reaction time.

Lynch gets it out of his hands much faster than Kap. He also has much better touch and accuracy. I'd like to have Lynch over any of the other qb prospects, I like Wentz as much as Goff, but I honestly think we need help all across the board. If we don't do something about the offensive line, it won't matter who our quarterback is.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Lynch gets it out of his hands much faster than Kap. He also has much better touch and accuracy. I'd like to have Lynch over any of the other qb prospects, I like Wentz as much as Goff, but I honestly think we need help all across the board. If we don't do something about the offensive line, it won't matter who our quarterback is.

Yes. His release is a lot faster and he seems to process what he is seeing pretty quickly. Usually guys with longer deliveries tend to struggle earlier on but once they put it together upstairs, it isnt an issue.
Kaep also had a laser rocket arm so it sometimes made up for his long delivery. I'm still a Kaep believer.
Lynch throwing motion isn't that bad to me. His footwork and pocket lateral movement are really good. Plus he puts touch and air on his passes. CK s**t look like a pitcher throwing a football.

Lynch
Cook
Goff
Wentz
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM ]
Off the topic question. Would u cheer for Alex Smith if the Chiefs make the super bowl in Santa Clara?
Share 49ersWebzone