LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Start of Fixing this mess Offseason Mock

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It wouldn't be difficult to trade a pick to move up in the 1st to get Wentz..and I don't see the jets tagging Wilkerson..they have to choose between him and Richardson sooner or later so I'm hoping its sooner and they let Wilkerson test free agency..I agree on Hue..we will bring a fresh excitement to the whole organization

They've all but said that their plan is to tag him and at the very least trade him after....they aren't gonna just let him leave for nothing. He's gonna command watt money too.

I'd love to have him but got to be realistic too. Baalkes biggest deal for a FA was smith for $40 million Wilkerson is gonna get double that somewhere or he will be tagged and the jets will get a kings ransom for him neither is baalke's style...hope I'm wrong though lol.

Yeah hopefully the only reason Baalkes biggest splash in FA was Smith is bc that's the most they can spend..if we cut the following player I've mentioned some sites have us at +70 million to spend..the jets had less then that last year and made their team better all around..Baalke better make big signings with that much cash lol

And they only had one big signing in Revis. Hiring a competent coaching staff was their biggest off season move.

New York Jets

Signed: CB Darrelle Revis, CB Antonio Cromartie, CB Buster Skrine, DB Marcus Gilchrist, OG James Carpenter
Re-signed OT Willie Colon, LB David Harris, RB Bilal Powell
Traded for: WR Brandon Marshall..

Basically like signing Marshall bc they took on his contract..
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:
yeah I think Boldin is done. and frankly I'd rather keep Draughn over Davis.

Davis didn't really have a chance but I do like what Draughn has done with the time he's played here but you don't spend a 4th round pick on a player and give up on him less then a yr later..
Originally posted by Alfienator:
If AD comes back so does his salary. Really wouldn't make any sense to spend money on Schwartz. I'm not sold on Wentz at all. Hilman isn't anything special and I wouldn't spend any FA money on him. Baalke isn't going nuts in FA.

If Baalke wants to keep his job, he needs to make a splash in FA. Needs to spend money on impact players and stop being cheap I.e. Devey, etc. He also needs to trade up in the draft and get some impact players there as well.

I agree but Hilman isn't a impact player and Wilkerson is going to be tagged. Why bring Schwartz when you bringing back AD? That's just wasting money all at one position. He does need to make a splash but if there ain't no water in the pool then you can't make one. Sometimes you have to sit on your money and go big the next year into free agency.

And Hillman is a good back up to CJ Anderson now..he will back up Hyde with Davis..good change of pace back..
Why cut kaep you Blaine fans are a prisoner of the moment ..same crappy offense ..same problem ..it obvious that kaep was put in a crappy situation
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
Why cut kaep you Blaine fans are a prisoner of the moment ..same crappy offense ..same problem ..it obvious that kaep was put in a crappy situation

I couldn't agree anymore..I didn't cut Kap in my last mock and got killed for it lol but the money is why I cut him..im all for trying to restructure or cut and resign him to s cheaper deal but I think Kap wouldn't do it..I think no QB put in this situation can succeed..
Davis didn't really have a chance but I do like what Draughn has done with the time he's played here but you don't spend a 4th round pick on a player and give up on him less then a yr later..

I just didn't see anything whenever he touched the ball. Draughn shows heart and burst. He definitely deserves a shot to compete. if he wins the job the coaches must think he's better. I could care less about where they came from - best man wins.
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:

I just didn't see anything whenever he touched the ball. Draughn shows heart and burst. He definitely deserves a shot to compete. if he wins the job the coaches must think he's better. I could care less about where they came from - best man wins.

Yes if he does..I agree..
Share 49ersWebzone