There are 155 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 2.0 offensive edition

After another hugely disappointing showing against the lowly Browns, here is my second attempt at a mock based on the Niners current needs and NFL Draft Scout.com currrent prospect ranking. I have included three additional comp picks based on speculation from Niners Nation.

Round 1 Jared Goff 6'4" 210 lbs QB Cal - if he is still here, the Niners have got to get a QB for the future; no waiting anymore for a mid round solution
Round 2 Jason Spriggs 6'6" 305 lbs OT Indiana - need to get someone to potentially hold down RT until Staley retires then moves over
Round 3 Desmond King 5'11" 200 lbs CB Iowa - a big cover corner to shore up our sieve of a secondary
Round 4 Christian Westerman 6'3" 302 lbs OG Arizona St - a depth pick for our porous offensive line
Round 4 Comp Chris Jones 6'5" 308 lbs DT Mississippi State - need a d lineman would can create some havoc again
Round 5 Blake Martinez 6'2" 245 lbs ILB Stanford - mid round ILB prospect with a nose for the ball
Round 5 Comp Dadi Nicolas 6'3" 236 lbs Va Tech - OLB who can rush the passer and play special teams
Round 6 Tyler Marz 6'7" 318 lbs OT Wisconsin - very experienced OT; started 39 consecutive games at LT; needs development
Round 6 Comp Kevin Patterson 5'11" 190 lbs Oklahoma State - can alwarys use another CB the way our team cycles through them
Round 6 Comp Jonathan Williams 5'11" 223 lbs RB Arkansas - someone to compete for the backup spot behind Hyde

Your thoughts...........
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:55 AM ]
I like it provided we sit Goff out for a year while our O-Line develops and he learns the offense/puts on weight. Let Gabbert start in 2016 and hope for another top draft pick to finish rebuilding the offense for Goff for 2017 (would be sweet to rebuild the offensive line this year and then pick Fournette and a WR to put Goff in the best position to succeed). I wouldn't be mad if we went OL in round 3 too - I'm fine letting our secondary be a sieve for another year and want to see what we have with Dontae Johnson.

It's pretty optimistic thinking we'll get someone who can create havoc on the defensive line with a 4th round comp pick, but I like Jones and he could be a solid addition to the nickle package (not sure he's a true NT though).
I really like Goff, Spriggs and Jones but IMO we shouldn't draft King in the 3rd round because we have some good CBs(Brock, Acker, Johnson, Reaser and Cromartie) while both LBs spots are weak(Lynch, Bowman and Hodges are our only good linebackers) and teams that draft a QB in the 1st round normally try to give them weapons in the other rounds so we could be looking for WRs(Boldin is old, Smith is good and Patton is ok) or TEs.
Round 1 Tunsil
Round 2 Spriggs
Round 3 Haeg
Round 4 Garnett
Only half kidding about this...our line is the worst. A QB can look pretty good given time. Look at Manziel.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Round 1 Tunsil
Round 2 Spriggs
Round 3 Haeg
Round 4 Garnett
Only half kidding about this...our line is the worst. A QB can look pretty good given time. Look at Manziel.

I think Tunsil will be gone.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Round 1 Tunsil
Round 2 Spriggs
Round 3 Haeg
Round 4 Garnett

I do too but I'd take him over Goff any day of the week.

IMO, he's a franchise lineman like Tony Bosseli was.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Round 1 Tunsil
Round 2 Spriggs
Round 3 Haeg
Round 4 Garnett

I do too but I'd take him over Goff any day of the week.

IMO, he's a franchise lineman like Tony Bosseli was.

We're projected in the 4th spot. Good shot at getting Tunsil, even if we have to trade up. We need Tunsil!
I'm good with a lot of this and would cartwheel if it happened. I just don't see King lasting until the 3rd (if he comes out) and wonder if RT is as pressing if Anthony Davis comes back ready to go.
Round 1 Tunsil
Round 2 Spriggs
Round 3 Haeg
Round 4 Garnett

Josh Garnett just won the Outland Trophy. He won't be there in the fourth much less the second round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
After another hugely disappointing showing against the lowly Browns, here is my second attempt at a mock based on the Niners current needs and NFL Draft Scout.com currrent prospect ranking. I have included three additional comp picks based on speculation from Niners Nation.

Round 1 Jared Goff 6'4" 210 lbs QB Cal - if he is still here, the Niners have got to get a QB for the future; no waiting anymore for a mid round solution
Round 2 Jason Spriggs 6'6" 305 lbs OT Indiana - need to get someone to potentially hold down RT until Staley retires then moves over
Round 3 Desmond King 5'11" 200 lbs CB Iowa - a big cover corner to shore up our sieve of a secondary
Round 4 Christian Westerman 6'3" 302 lbs OG Arizona St - a depth pick for our porous offensive line
Round 4 Comp Chris Jones 6'5" 308 lbs DT Mississippi State - need a d lineman would can create some havoc again
Round 5 Blake Martinez 6'2" 245 lbs ILB Stanford - mid round ILB prospect with a nose for the ball
Round 5 Comp Dadi Nicolas 6'3" 236 lbs Va Tech - OLB who can rush the passer and play special teams
Round 6 Tyler Marz 6'7" 318 lbs OT Wisconsin - very experienced OT; started 39 consecutive games at LT; needs development
Round 6 Comp Kevin Patterson 5'11" 190 lbs Oklahoma State - can alwarys use another CB the way our team cycles through them
Round 6 Comp Jonathan Williams 5'11" 223 lbs RB Arkansas - someone to compete for the backup spot behind Hyde

Your thoughts...........

I'm still not on the Goff bandwagon but at this point it is what it is lol. I don't see King lasting until the 3rd. Love the OL picks but I think we are lacking some play makers on offense and we need to make some moves on that.

I hope we attack some issues like OL and pass rush in FA ( if we get rid of Kap, Beathea, and Brook we're looking at like almost $70 million in space) then I hope we make some moves up in the draft for difference makers not just draft 12 players.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I am just going to say I am very glad to see more fans are finally coming around to see how critical it is for us to pick a franchise QB going forward. Like you said, we are done experimenting with 2nd and 3rd rounders, is time we put our best foot forward and go after the guy we feel is the best QB prospect there is in the coming draft. And I am happy to say that person is Jared Goff, let get after it!!
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am just going to say I am very glad to see more fans are finally coming around to see how critical it is for us to pick a franchise QB going forward. Like you said, we are done experimenting with 2nd and 3rd rounders, is time we put our best foot forward and go after the guy we feel is the best QB prospect there is in the coming draft. And I am happy to say that person is Jared Goff, let get after it!!

IF SF drafts Lynch over the Californian golden boy half our fan base will do this lol.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

IF SF drafts Lynch over the Californian golden boy half our fan base will do this lol.

Is very simple Jared Goff is our guy.

Just take a look around you, over 136 pages on Goff whether you like it or not. You can hang around on that thread and argue against Goff everyday until the cows come home, but it wouldn't matter cos the support is there.

Now look at the other top QB prospects, be it Lynch (12 pages), Cook (19 pages) or Wentz (only 5 pages), it just goes to show the interest just isn't there. Is not even close.

Likewise, as much as most of Webzone don't seem to want to draft a QB/Goff, if you look at the non-QB top prospects, be it Bosa (5 pages), Smith (15 pages) or Nkemdiche (9 pages), they are nowhere near Goff.

You can't stop people from liking a particular prospect. You have stated your case, we have all read it and discussed it at first, but that's about it. You should go and support your boy Gabbert, he is taking some beating after his performance in the Browns game. LOL.
Is very simple Jared Goff is our guy.

Just take a look around you, over 136 pages on Goff whether you like it or not. You can hang around on that thread and argue against Goff everyday until the cows come home, but it wouldn't matter cos the support is there.

Now look at the other top QB prospects, be it Lynch (12 pages), Cook (19 pages) or Wentz (only 5 pages), it just goes to show the interest just isn't there. Is not even close.

Likewise, as much as most of Webzone don't seem to want to draft a QB/Goff, if you look at the non-QB top prospects, be it Bosa (5 pages), Smith (15 pages) or Nkemdiche (9 pages), they are nowhere near Goff.

You can't stop people from liking a particular prospect. You have stated your case, we have all read it and discussed it at first, but that's about it. You should go and support your boy Gabbert, he is taking some beating after his performance in the Browns game. LOL.

It's because he's a Californian kid and loves SF lol plus your accounting for 100 pages of the same stuff over and over lol.

Also I'm pretty sure you've stated your case WAY more then I have.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's because he's a Californian kid and loves SF lol plus your accounting for 100 pages of the same stuff over and over lol.

Also I'm pretty sure you've stated your case WAY more then I have.

I don't need to state my case, bro. I am not even from SF or even Cal for that matter. Other folks and I talk about Goff on a Goff thread that's because we like him and recognize his talent. There is a reason why that thread is called Jared Goff you know. LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone