LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 326 users in the forums

Hysterikal Mock Draft V.2 2016

Keeping it short and sweet. No offseason moves; no trades.

1st Round: Jaylon Smith - MLB - If the 49ers get a chance to draft him they absolutely should. Giving use a Linebacker who can cover again would be a huge boost. I'm huge Scooby Wright fan but I'm not blind and can see the once a decade talent Smith brings. Other options in the first OL or DL.

2nd Round: Denver Kirkland - OG - The teams offense philosophy isn't going to change anytime soon so draft a big mauling guard to help the run game is the direction I'm going in the second. Other options DL, OT, OLB.

3rd Round: Yannick Ngakoue - OLB - If Yannick drops to us then it will give us another pass rushing threat at OLB. Other options DL, OT, CB.

4th Round: Sheldon Day - DT - I'm guessing Day falls due to height and short arms. He is not a great fit for our base 3-4 defense but as a Nickle DT he might just be a good fit. A pass rushing front with Lynch, AA, Day, Harold/Ngakoue could finally maybe create consistent pressure.

Pick 2: Gunner Kiel - QB - keeping this pick the same. Not sure if he will declare but would love him for this team has a good arm and accuracy is inconsistent witch can be coached.

5th Round: Brandon Shell - OT - Much needed depth on the O-Line and Baalke gets his Gamecock.

Pick 2: Tajae Sharpe - WR - Deep threat for Gabbert who actually showed a great deep ball to Smith. Let this kid pick Smiths mind on being a deep threat for a year.

Pick 3: Artie Burns - CB - another late round corner to groom.

6th Round: Evan Boehm - C - just draft this guy and cut MM.

Pick 2: Duke Williams - WR - can we please get a red zone threat please

Pick 3: Keith Marshall - RB - Not Gurley or Chubb but Georgia seems to turn out good RBs on the regular.

7th Round: Drew Kaser - K - Aguayo is probably gonna get drafted much earlier than the 7th so yeah.

Projected draft spots it's hard to determine so if I'm valuing someone to high/low let me know did my best let me know what you think.
I'm a huge fan of Smith, would not be upset even slightly if that is who they took. We've seen what having two outstanding ILB's can do for a defense, with the 49ers and now with the Panthers and their terrific duo.

Kirkland is the best guard in this draft IMO but I don't think he's a fit for a zone blocking scheme which I don't see going away if Tomsula is retained. At guard you have a bunch of options on the roster that could be thrown into the mix, at tackle you've basically got an unknown rookie in Brown and an aging Staley. I think in a draft this deep with tackles, you really have to take one early, depending on Anthony Davis to come right back in and perform after a year on the couch is asking a lot. I think in the 2nd you can take a guy like Jason Spriggs out of Indiana who would start from Day 1. As far as guard goes, I think Cody Whitehair out of Kansas State and Christian Westerman out of ASU are better fits overall for the blocking scheme.

I think Ngakoue and Day are both best suited for a 4-3 defense.

I like the Keith Marshall pick in the 6th round.
Massive fan of Keith Marshall. Think he'll be an even better pro than collegiate RB.
Share 49ersWebzone