LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Whats your choice of approaching the draft

Whats your choice of approaching the draft

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd go with OG over OT seeing that we wouldn't have room for another OT with Davis coming back. It's too high for an OG in the first, so I would use our first pick on a DL or OLB. If we are out of the top 10, I would even think about going WR.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd go with OG over OT seeing that we wouldn't have room for another OT with Davis coming back. It's too high for an OG in the first, so I would use our first pick on a DL or OLB. If we are out of the top 10, I would even think about going WR.

What if Davis comes back only to retire again 2 months later? Or if he comes in out of shape and is ineffective?

I think Davis is far too big of a ? to pass up a player in a tackle rich draft.

Dude could decide that he likes his couch a lot better and up and quit again...not worth the risk to count on him for anything IMO.

I think with Martin, Thomas, Tiller, Silberman and Kilgore the team is better situated at guard than tackle where you have Staley and a 7th round rookie going forward. If Thomas comes along and can take over LG with the others fighting it out over RG, RT and C should be the main points of emphasis unless they really do see Kilgore as a long term fit at C.

Personally I think that signing Mack would make everything easier.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by fan49:
Goff is no Garentee for a franchise qb. He's probably half as praised coming into the draft as Gabbert was

No. Nu uh.
ESW...I believe Baalke has 12 picks in his pocket now. I'm envisioning him stockpiling more, given the team's needs. So, I think it's very possible he goes into the 2016 draft with 14 picks. There you go.
Share 49ersWebzone