LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Solid mock

Major signing- Wilkerson, Davis (comes back from retirement)

As u can see no Jeff Geoff this time..also got kind of tired at the end so I stopped putting thought into it after the 5th round.

1st round- Ashawn Robinson DL Bama-
He can play the nose also the end in the 3-4...more explosive than Buckner.. A Young Muhammad Wilkerson with Wilkerson and we have the BEST dline hands down in football...the reason I took Robinson over Buckner is versatility...Wilkerson/Robinson/Armstead all are interchangeable with each other...tomsula is a terrific dline coach and will feast and cause havoc with this front

2nd round- Noah Spence 3-4 LB Eastern Kentucky
First round talent but the off the field issues pushed him into the 2nd... Got kicked off Ohio st. this is the pass rusher we desperately need with Lynch...he has elite potential and our defense is absolutely complete now and will dominate for years to come

3rd Round- Carson wentz Qb North Dakota St

Our Qb of the future.. He can really throw the ball...the senior bowl will have a lot to do with where he will actually go

4th Round- Denver Kirkland OT Arkansas

Big mauler ready to push for a starting job as soon as he steps in

5th Round- Tyler Marz OT Wisconsin

More help for our online

6th Round- Aaron Burbridge WR Michigan St

I don't know if he will fall this far but oh well why not

7th round- Cory Clemente RB Wisconsin

Depth at RB for hyde
Jared, and Goff.

Close.
Dude it's an easy name. JARED GOFF.
I like your mock but if the Niners pick between 8-14 Bama's Robinson will still be there, so maybe trade back a few places. My only misgiving with the pick is that the front 7 of Bama is so strong maybe the sum is greater than its' parts.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I like your mock but if the Niners pick between 8-14 Bama's Robinson will still be there, so maybe trade back a few places. My only misgiving with the pick is that the front 7 of Bama is so strong maybe the sum is greater than its' parts.

Very goo point.
I don't remember doing this mock...

And I agree, skip the QB in round 1
i would like for baalke to do the same thing he did when he drafted iupati and davis
would love to get
A'Shawn Robinson
Reggie Ragland
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Very goo point.

yep jesse williams was made to look like a superstar but he was just a product of the line.

Although marcell dareus and quinton dial turned out pretty good. Those are the only other pro alabama D-lineman i know
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Dude it's an easy name. JARED GOFF.

I know.....last time I made the mistake and called him Jeff and I was poking fun at that...
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Very goo point.

yep jesse williams was made to look like a superstar but he was just a product of the line.

Although marcell dareus and quinton dial turned out pretty good. Those are the only other pro alabama D-lineman i know

Jesse Williams was like a 5th round pick...teams knew he was a product of the environment

Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Very goo point.

A'Shawn Robinson plays a lot like Dareus did at Alabama.
I also don't think the assumption that Robinson is only doing well because of his counter-parts is fair.
Robinson has been the wrecking ball on that team and is the reason other players look good, the guy is legit.
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
Major signing- Wilkerson, Davis (comes back from retirement)

As u can see no Jeff Geoff

Originally posted by Rgonelove:
i would like for baalke to do the same thing he did when he drafted iupati and davis
would love to get
A'Shawn Robinson
Reggie Ragland

Ragland is a great 2 down ILB. This team could use a great 3 down ILB like Smith or even Jack.
It's funny - when you're a QB surrounded by a good supporting cast (Kaepernick in 2012-2013, Watson and Cook in college football this year), people love you, but when you're part of a dominant unit on defense, people question you?

Alabama is loaded on the front 7, but Robinson is probably their most talented player on defense. It's hard to say that the rest of his team makes him look good when he's the guy drawing the most double teams and freeing up their inside linebackers who are also very good.

Statistically, offensive players probably benefit more from playing on a great team. Better offenses = more yards and points to go around so there's a bigger pie even though there's more competition at the skill position. Better defenses = less opportunities to put up stats because you're on the field less and more competition for tackles. There are exceptions - a good defensive line can free up linebackers to make more plays, a good pass rush can make it easier for corners to get picks (and play more aggressively), and a good secondary can lead to coverage sacks for the front 7, but it's hard to say that a 3-4 DE on a good team benefits that much.

Jesse Williams wasn't that good and had serious injury concerns which caused him to drop in the draft. He missed his first 2 NFL seasons with knee injuries and had a cancerous kidney removed in the preseason. And he only put up 1.5 sacks in college and 6.5 tackles for loss in 2 years at Alabama, so it's not like being surrounded by talent made him look really good. He's not a good example of a player being overrated while they were at Alabama...

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/08/13/seattle-seahawks-injury-update-jesse-williams-to-play-in-preseason-opener-months-after-cancer-surgery/
Subway Jared.
Share 49ersWebzone