LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Compensatory Picks To Be Tradable Starting in 2017

• mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592818/article/compensatory-picks-to-be-tradable-beginning-in-2017
Would've been nice if it was starting upcoming draft where I'd imagine we get some good comp picks.

Don't see us getting many next year since i'm expecting us to spend on some big free agents and not have as many leave.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Would've been nice if it was starting upcoming draft where I'd imagine we get some good comp picks.

Don't see us getting many next year since i'm expecting us to spend on some big free agents and not have as many leave.

Yeah, with all the comp picks we would have, we could have done some damage trading up and down.
I have to imagine that one of the main reasons that they pushed it off until the 2017 draft, after considering 2016, is that the FA period affecting the 2016 comp picks is over. By making the comp picks tradable it changes their value (increasing them), and may actually affect to a degree the decisions FO teams make regarding signing/losing FAs. Since the sigining period for the comp picks for 2016 is over, I can see why the NFL would want to wait until all teams can use the new info in their decision making.

It does suck for us, though!!
Originally posted by Spike1000:
I have to imagine that one of the main reasons that they pushed it off until the 2017 draft, after considering 2016, is that the FA period affecting the 2016 comp picks is over. By making the comp picks tradable it changes their value (increasing them), and may actually affect to a degree the decisions FO teams make regarding signing/losing FAs. Since the sigining period for the comp picks for 2016 is over, I can see why the NFL would want to wait until all teams can use the new info in their decision making.

It does suck for us, though!!

We'll just have to draft HOF players at each comp pick to make up for it...no biggie.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by genus49:

Yeah, with all the comp picks we would have, we could have done some damage trading up and down.

And with the money we have to spend in FA next year, we won't have any comp picks in 2017. So, you know, f@ck the Niners, right?
that's 4 comp picks 49ers will be forced to use. hopefully they will be used on healthy players.
Share 49ersWebzone