LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

Ivanm05 Mock 1.0

Best mock I've seen. I don't think Tretola makes it out of the 3rd round
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by fan49:
1st round qb at this point is another wasted pick anyway you look at it. We need to control the los. Before we draft a qb of the future. And you lose me at Goff anyways. Get a qb in the 4th or 5th. You get Goff you have to throw him in... and most, I said most not all qb's do better when they sit.

I see, fix the LOS so that the 9ers will be go back up to say a 6-10 team and only to pick a QB then. We are not talking about picking a scrub here, we are talking about picking the next franchise QB for cry out loud. How do you suppose we do that when we will be picking lower, probably in the middle of the pack?

Besides, you people just amaze me. You make it sound like if we draft Goff we will just sit there and don't do anything else. Goff is only one pick. In other words, we are going to improve on the other areas such as LOS at the same time. Not to mention we will have a tonne of cap room to go out on a shopping spree. Listen, is not a case of either or here, we can do both concurrently.

I don't get this s**t either. Davis and Kilgore returning will immediately improve the o line. Throw in a FA guard and you set. Draft some younger guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds. You can take a qb and a pass rusher in the 1st 2 rounds and still improve other areas of your team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:
so many people think these are mutually exclusive.

I dont understand that at all. Its possible to walk and chew gum, you can draft a QB early and still build up the OL and the defense.

Particularly with a metric f**k ton of cap space that I want to see used on the OL!
Top 5 QB gets a guaranteed 20 mil or so contract. They're only into Gabbert for 2 mil at this point. None of the QBs in the draft will be rated as highly as Blaine was coming out. The only two in the past five years given a higher draft rating were Luck and Winston. I'd be shocked if the team drafted a QB in the first two days of the draft. No team Gabbert has been on since he came to the NFL has drafted a quarterback in any round. That might change this year, but not by much.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Gabbert has been playing satisfactory. Lets not overreact and crown him a franchise qb just yet.That's the problem with us fans sometimes. We see a little of something and make the world of it.

Exactly this. Nothing that Gabbert has done should cause this team to alter their draft plans in anyway.

He could turn out to be
nothing more than a decent game manager, at which point you'll want a quality young franchise QB prospect developing behind him.

If the team is convinced that Goff can be a franchise QB in the NFL eventually then you have to pull the trigger. You can draft a QB with the first pick and still build up the roster at the same time.

Gabbert is only 26 years of age and has sat the last two years. After three games he has shown more and more growth. I don't think we should discount the fact that he may end up being better than just a game manager.

Let's not forget that Steve Young looked awful in Tampa Bay and then sat a few years before becoming an MVP. Not saying that will happen with Gabbert but both were highly rated coming out of school and were forced to play on crappy teams before finding success.

Gabbert has improved each game against top defenses without a healthy offensive unit. Who is to say that it's a gimmick that teams will figure out. Not like he is running the read option or part of a wildcat package. He is playing more of a traditional dropback passer role.

Hypothetically, what happens if he improves a little each game for the rest of the season? Does that change the tone of his critics? If Goff is available, but so is Bosa or Tunsil, is QB the need?

If he ends up being a game manager like Alex Smith, then I would accept that. Alex is playing really well right now.
I like it. Excellent job brother.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM ]
Nice mock draft overall not too wild about the Striker pick though, I think he's a man without a position in the NFL. He doesn't cover well enough to play safety and I think he's too small to play the edge without adding a bunch of weight that might result in sacrificing quite a bit of his outstanding athleticism. I think special teamer and maybe situational pass rusher is his ceiling.

I do like the Harlan Miller pick and Tretola would finally allow Fro to shutup about there not being any Arkansas players on the 49ers.

A highly productive situational guy in the 4th wouldn't necessarily be the worst possible scenario.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Gabbert has been playing satisfactory. Lets not overreact and crown him a franchise qb just yet.That's the problem with us fans sometimes. We see a little of something and make the world of it.

Exactly this. Nothing that Gabbert has done should cause this team to alter their draft plans in anyway.

He could turn out to be
nothing more than a decent game manager, at which point you'll want a quality young franchise QB prospect developing behind him.

If the team is convinced that Goff can be a franchise QB in the NFL eventually then you have to pull the trigger. You can draft a QB with the first pick and still build up the roster at the same time.

Gabbert is only 26 years of age and has sat the last two years. After three games he has shown more and more growth. I don't think we should discount the fact that he may end up being better than just a game manager.

Let's not forget that Steve Young looked awful in Tampa Bay and then sat a few years before becoming an MVP. Not saying that will happen with Gabbert but both were highly rated coming out of school and were forced to play on crappy teams before finding success.

Gabbert has improved each game against top defenses without a healthy offensive unit. Who is to say that it's a gimmick that teams will figure out. Not like he is running the read option or part of a wildcat package. He is playing more of a traditional dropback passer role.

Hypothetically, what happens if he improves a little each game for the rest of the season? Does that change the tone of his critics? If Goff is available, but so is Bosa or Tunsil, is QB the need?

If he ends up being a game manager like Alex Smith, then I would accept that. Alex is playing really well right now.

That would be great if that if that happened, but I'm going to spend the rest of the year evaluating before I make up my mind for sure.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Rascal:
1st round qb at this point is another wasted pick anyway you look at it. We need to control the los. Before we draft a qb of the future. And you lose me at Goff anyways. Get a qb in the 4th or 5th. You get Goff you have to throw him in... and most, I said most not all qb's do better when they sit.

I see, fix the LOS so that the 9ers will be go back up to say a 6-10 team and only to pick a QB then. We are not talking about picking a scrub here, we are talking about picking the next franchise QB for cry out loud. How do you suppose we do that when we will be picking lower, probably in the middle of the pack?

Besides, you people just amaze me. You make it sound like if we draft Goff we will just sit there and don't do anything else. Goff is only one pick. In other words, we are going to improve on the other areas such as LOS at the same time. Not to mention we will have a tonne of cap room to go out on a shopping spree. Listen, is not a case of either or here, we can do both concurrently.

I don't get this s**t either. Davis and Kilgore returning will immediately improve the o line. Throw in a FA guard and you set. Draft some younger guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds. You can take a qb and a pass rusher in the 1st 2 rounds and still improve other areas of your team.

I'm not so sure that we should just assume that A.D. is an automatic bet to return. He may he may not, or he might in June for all we know. I would hate to miss out on a talented player because we assume he will be back only for him to stay retired. The player and situation just screams of unpredictability to me.
stopped reading at j goff

• fan49
  • Veteran
You still want a qb in the first?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
And what will that do? Planning on drafting the BQOTF(Backup QB of the future?)
It will allow us to get a starter that will make an immediate impact!!! Lol Brady was not a first... getting any starter on either line or a middle linebacker in the first, and like brisket later is way better than a Goff combo period
[ Edited by fan49 on Dec 8, 2015 at 10:13 AM ]
You still want a qb in the first?

Yeah. Unless Gabbert completely wows us the last few weeks and shows that he is the undeniable starter going into next season.

If the browns pick before us all this argument is for not because they'll be taking Goff. But if Goff is there in the board it'll be hard passing him up, especially if Jaylon Smith and Nkmdiche are off the board.

But like I said if Gabbert plays well and we win a couple more game then this argument is pointless because Goff will be far gone by the time we pick.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I like it. Excellent job brother.

Thanks bro.
http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp
Share 49ersWebzone