There are 211 users in the forums

3rd times the charm mock ??

Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
He's at best an average college QB. If we can't land Lynch or Goff, I say they wait to see how the board falls. No way should we trade that many picks for Connor Cook.

This. Would rather stand pat in the 2nd and take Wentz.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Ok well in the super bowl

Years ago....when nobody had any tape on him. Since then the entire NFL has figured him out. People keepgoing back into the past without considering the conditions that made those things possible.

In 2012 nobody had any idea who he was, he took the league by storm, by 2013 teams had already begun adjusting and by 2014 he was showing that he couldnt adjust back, this year he fell off a cliff completely.

Yes I'm not saying he hasn't fallen off and isnt struggling but it's more like the whole team and organization has fallen off a cliff..I think it's bs to put all the blame on Kap but that's what happens..look at the past teams considered to now..any QB will fall off if they were in the same situation..no way to get better when everything around has gotten worse..
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
He's at best an average college QB. If we can't land Lynch or Goff, I say they wait to see how the board falls. No way should we trade that many picks for Connor Cook.

This. Would rather stand pat in the 2nd and take Wentz.

Lol I'm sure you know way more about wentz then I do but I promise Phoenix I'm doing my homework..
Lol I'm sure you know way more about wentz then I do but I promise Phoenix I'm doing my homework..

Then go see how many successful NFL QB's over the past 10 years never completed over 60% of their passes in any college season.

Guys that struggle with their accuracy in college don't usually improve a whole lot in the NFL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/131217/connor-cook
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports that some NFL scouts "don't even rank" Michigan State senior QB Connor Cook "as the top senior signal caller in the nation, never mind a first round pick."

"Cook is a great arm talent, no doubt, as he's able to make all the throws to just about any point on the field. His accuracy and pass placement are another thing altogether. All too often Cook needlessly has targets reaching back or leaving their feet to make receptions which results in lost opportunities after the catch," Pauline wrote.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM ]

Then go see how many successful NFL QB's over the past 10 years never completed over 60% of their passes in any college season.

Guys that struggle with their accuracy in college don't usually improve a whole lot in the NFL.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports that some NFL scouts "don't even rank" Michigan State senior QB Connor Cook "as the top senior signal caller in the nation, never mind a first round pick."

"Cook is a great arm talent, no doubt, as he's able to make all the throws to just about any point on the field. His accuracy and pass placement are another thing altogether. All too often Cook needlessly has targets reaching back or leaving their feet to make receptions which results in lost opportunities after the catch," Pauline wrote.
This is very, very bad and enough to make me pass on a QB.

I don't get cutting Gabbert (who if he isn't the guy is the PERFECT backup) and keeping Kap.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This is very, very bad and enough to make me pass on a QB.

I don't get cutting Gabbert (who if he isn't the guy is the PERFECT backup) and keeping Kap.

Who said PERFECT backup ? I said a goodback up and most back ups are better..And Phoenix I've never read that..very interesting..
OK yea Kap has played bad but let's take a look at what this team is lacking:

OL: the offensive line has been a train wreck the only reason why Gabbert is doing serviceable is because they switched it up and had 10 games to gel.

Rb:let's face it Carlos Hyde is no frank Gore... he can't stay healthy and thus far he's shown potential but I don't think he is the answer at Rb... we also need a change of pace back, only reason why we were so good in 11-13 is because Kendall Hunter was that change of pace back that got positive yards and made the most of his carries.

WR: Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington, Anquan Boldin... are either hurt, dropping passes or fumbling... reason why the 9ers were good was because we had a good possession wr in micheal crabtree (look at the raiders) Torrey smith can take the top off the Defense but I haven't seen him take over a game with multiple receptions and getting yac

TE: VD Clocked out 2 years ago that's why he's gone.. Vance McDonald consistently drops game changing open passes down the middle, Garret celek is the only serviceable TE we have and he is average at best (hopefully busta Anderson pans out)

Geep Chryst: terrible game plans early on his plays were taking too long to develop and with the personnel they had it wasnt working. Vanilla game planning which was predictable by and picked apart by dc week after week.

OK now how can we put blame on Kap when we don't have a offensive minded coaching staff, they aren't detailed that's why we can't string up long drives, our running game sucks and without the quick slants and corner routes which we abandoned this year it's hard to get things going... our personnel isn't that good our defense plays when it wants to, but I see a team that needs to learn how to play with passion and needs to be more disciplined.

Best option: not gamble on a qb early in the draft build the defense and offensive line with impact players not projects.. target veteran defensive players that can help this defense be stingy again. .. get some real wide Receivers and add a vet TE for a heated camp battle, also add a vet Rb like forte.... new Head coach(offensive minded).. new oc new dc... (please research jed).. I believe if this is done right we can be right back in the thick of things ... only reason why I say keep Kap is cuz he has proven he could win with talent around him. no qb in the draft is Joe Montana, keeping Kap with a better cast will give us the best chance to be relevant quicker (ala Cam Newton this year). And we can become a better team cuz let's face it we aren't a qb away from going to the Super Bowl and Gabbert is not the answer... faithful.. Niner empire
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
OK yea Kap has played bad but let's take a look at what this team is lacking:

OL: the offensive line has been a train wreck the only reason why Gabbert is doing serviceable is because they switched it up and had 10 games to gel.

Rb:let's face it Carlos Hyde is no frank Gore... he can't stay healthy and thus far he's shown potential but I don't think he is the answer at Rb... we also need a change of pace back, only reason why we were so good in 11-13 is because Kendall Hunter was that change of pace back that got positive yards and made the most of his carries.

WR: Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington, Anquan Boldin... are either hurt, dropping passes or fumbling... reason why the 9ers were good was because we had a good possession wr in micheal crabtree (look at the raiders) Torrey smith can take the top off the Defense but I haven't seen him take over a game with multiple receptions and getting yac

TE: VD Clocked out 2 years ago that's why he's gone.. Vance McDonald consistently drops game changing open passes down the middle, Garret celek is the only serviceable TE we have and he is average at best (hopefully busta Anderson pans out)

Geep Chryst: terrible game plans early on his plays were taking too long to develop and with the personnel they had it wasnt working. Vanilla game planning which was predictable by and picked apart by dc week after week.

OK now how can we put blame on Kap when we don't have a offensive minded coaching staff, they aren't detailed that's why we can't string up long drives, our running game sucks and without the quick slants and corner routes which we abandoned this year it's hard to get things going... our personnel isn't that good our defense plays when it wants to, but I see a team that needs to learn how to play with passion and needs to be more disciplined.

Best option: not gamble on a qb early in the draft build the defense and offensive line with impact players not projects.. target veteran defensive players that can help this defense be stingy again. .. get some real wide Receivers and add a vet TE for a heated camp battle, also add a vet Rb like forte.... new Head coach(offensive minded).. new oc new dc... (please research jed).. I believe if this is done right we can be right back in the thick of things ... only reason why I say keep Kap is cuz he has proven he could win with talent around him. no qb in the draft is Joe Montana, keeping Kap with a better cast will give us the best chance to be relevant quicker (ala Cam Newton this year). And we can become a better team cuz let's face it we aren't a qb away from going to the Super Bowl and Gabbert is not the answer... faithful.. Niner empire

Couldn't agree anymore..it's a team sport..you win together you lose together..every1 has their own responsibility..it takes all 11 to make it work..tho QBs get all the blame..
Most part of the mock is pretty good but i hate the QB scenario. IMO Gabbert is far better than Kap right now and Cook is highly inaccurate and that is not a fixable thing.
you're right....gabbert aka the checkdown man is trash....he's a backup for a reason

The OP is delusional if you think the front office is keeping Kaepernick at 16 million over Gabbert at 2 million. Putting Kaepernick on IR for a BS injury was a way for the niners to put him on the shelve to prevent further injury that would make the contract guaranteed. The Niners are so moving on from Kaepernick that they are leaking stories to give logic for the benching. I hate the Niners front office, but I understand them, they are cheap and would rather play the cheap player than an expensive player or coach.

Draft a qb, and have them sit behind Gabbert for a year, end of story.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The OP is delusional if you think the front office is keeping Kaepernick at 16 million over Gabbert at 2 million. Putting Kaepernick on IR for a BS injury was a way for the niners to put him on the shelve to prevent further injury that would make the contract guaranteed. The Niners are so moving on from Kaepernick that they are leaking stories to give logic for the benching. I hate the Niners front office, but I understand them, they are cheap and would rather play the cheap player than an expensive player or coach.

Draft a qb, and have them sit behind Gabbert for a year, end of story.

They can restructure his contract like Alex Smith did but at the same time they have upwards of 40 million in cap space.. your clouding your options cause you clearly hate Kaepernick.
Who said PERFECT backup ? I said a goodback up and most back ups are better..And Phoenix I've never read that..very interesting..

Cook's issue always has been accuracy, it would be even worse without his receivers bailing him out on his off-target throws.

The way he throws the ball he will get someone killed in the NFL, putting guys in vulnerable spots.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
you're right....gabbert aka the checkdown man is trash....he's a backup for a reason

That trash just had a far far better game against the same Cards team that left their cleats imprinted on Kaepernick's face.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 29, 2015 at 4:14 PM ]
Goff
Share 49ersWebzone