LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 192 users in the forums

Malcolm Mitchell-WR-Georgia

I like Mitchell a lot as a sleeper pick at WR. He comes with some downside, including significant medical concerns, he's also fairly raw as he's been moving all over the place, having played offense and defense. He's a phenomenal athlete that is pretty raw as a receiver, needs to work on his route running but has pretty good hands and he's a guy that you could take in the 6th round or 7th round with true star quality and potential.

The obvious risk is his injury history, if you draft him, you may have a guy that will never get healthy and will wash out of the league in a few short years. On the other hand if he can stay healthy, considering his talent you may have a superb player that years later people will be looking back on his draft position and scratching their heads as to why teams passed him over so many times.

Can I just mention how supportive the Webzone has been to the concept of drafting injured players?
Originally posted by English:
Can I just mention how supportive the Webzone has been to the concept of drafting injured players?

lol. I think its a worthwhile gamble with a later round pick. The success rate of picks from the 5th round on is so low that I think going with the most talented guys possible is never a bad strategy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol. I think its a worthwhile gamble with a later round pick. The success rate of picks from the 5th round on is so low that I think going with the most talented guys possible is never a bad strategy.

I generally agree with this. However, our team is so bad right now that 5th-6th round picks have a much better shot at making the roster than they would normally. If we draft a CB or WR late, I'd want to go with the most talented player even if they have injury concerns, but at offensive line, I'd rather see us draft guys who can fill in right away if needed (would rather see us pick offensive linemen early than late, but either way we need immediate help).
Really like this guy. Hes a good football player and a good kid overall. I think after the fourth round you take a chance on him. I love his versatility
Another guy I like is Josh Ferguson RB Illinois. Injury history as well, but he is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield and a great return man. He would fit perfectly in a west coast style offense and would have no problem lining out wide.

For him the downside is his injury history, just like Mitchell. I'd love to get both and shore up special teams, with both having high potential on offense.
Dude's got some huge catcher's mitts.

Malcolm Mitchell 5113 194 32 7/8 10 3/8
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2016 at 11:20 AM ]
@KevinW_ESPN: Watching South team practice. Georgia WR Malcolm Mitchell had a nice day. Polished routes, burst and natural catching w/ hands. @seniorbowl

@notoriouskro: Malcolm Mitchell standing out among the WRs today. Catching everything thrown his way.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Jan 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM ]

put him at slot receiver,,,you know, malcom in the middle
http://www.ugafootballlive.com/news/former-uga-wr-malcolm-mitchell-reels-in-crazy-one-handed-grab-at-senior-bowl-practice/

Visiting the 49ers this weekend.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 9, 2016 at 12:34 PM ]
Had him in my mock recently,like him a lot. Phoenix.are you gonna post another mock?
I like what I see.
Wouldn't mind picking him up the 4th round. Like what I see.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Wouldn't mind picking him up the 4th round. Like what I see.

This. I think that is his range right about now, 4th to 5th. If he stays healthy I think that you get a steal at WR.
Share 49ersWebzone