LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Hunter Henry, TE, THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

You lose! Good day sir!
And you. Did you even watch the movie? THE KID GETS THE WHOLE f**kING THING, MAN! SLAVE ORANGE AND GREEN PEOPLE! CANDY! ERRRRRYTHING!

Psssssh, no way--NO WAY you would give back the gobstopper. You still get nothing. You still lose. Good day sir.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

You lose! Good day sir!
And you. Did you even watch the movie? THE KID GETS THE WHOLE f**kING THING, MAN! SLAVE ORANGE AND GREEN PEOPLE! CANDY! ERRRRRYTHING!

Psssssh, no way--NO WAY you would give back the gobstopper. You still get nothing. You still lose. Good day sir.

But I did give it back. Oh yes, I did.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by zonkers:
We've already got some hogs at TE, so it's not as urgent a need.
But if the stars align, Henry's a pretty good hog to have in round 2.

Please inform me on the "hogs" we have at TE... Celek is the best TE we have. That's not ok, it is defintely an urgent need.

Celek, (healthy?) Vance, Belldozer, Busta
Definitely not best in show, but they should be passable, unlike some of the OL and LBs.
Originally posted by English:
I like our existing TEs. Sorry Fro.

You like Vance McDonald after finally showing life, years later? Pfft.

Lol forreal though, we have no TEs on this team. I'm definitely for drafting one.

McDonald and Celek will do nicely.
If anyone goes, it's Macdonald. Would love to have this kid on our roster.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Celek, McDonald, and Bell should be a serviceable group of TEs. We need to spend our top picks getting better on the OL and DL.

Who is the biggest, baddest DL in the upcoming draft? That should be our 1st round pick. We need pass rush and run defense help. We need it bad.

After that, who's the best center in the draft? That should be our 2nd round pick.

Load up on defense. We can address center in free agency.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If anyone goes, it's Macdonald. Would love to have this kid on our roster.

I'm thinking that getting rid of him just as he's starting to get regular targets and make big plays probably isnt on the menu.

Everyone assumed that this team had a TE problem but theyve looked fine with Gabbert at QB.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Load up on defense. We can address center in free agency.

Weak draft for C IMO. 49ers should go all in on Mack in FA.

I like Vance McDonald after they finally started throwing the football to him with a new QB. Before then he got a target every other game.

Sorry Fro, in terms of this teams needs, I think TE doesnt rank very highly up there. Celek has shown he can make plays,McDonald is finally getting some run and then you have Bell and Anderson behind them.
I like our existing TEs. Sorry Fro.

Lol forreal though, we have no TEs on this team. I'm definitely for drafting one.

McDonald and Celek will do nicely.

No no no.. couldn't disagree more. McDonald is primarily a blocking TE.. I think Bell is better than him... McDonald was one of the worst 2nd rd picks we have ever taken

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I do like Bell, but neither McDonald or Bell are better than Henry.
Celek, McDonald, Bell, Anderson (?) is enough to avoid at least an early-round pick unless someone falls down.
I do like Bell, but neither McDonald or Bell are better than Henry.

Considering the team's many other needs, what they have at TE is sufficient for the time being.

It may even been more than that now that there is a QB that doesnt have a phobia about throwing to the middle of the field.

We really have no clue how good any of the TE's can be if they have a QB that throws it to them regularly.
Originally posted by communist:
Celek, McDonald, Bell, Anderson (?) is enough to avoid at least an early-round pick unless someone falls down.

This. OT, OLB, ILB, DL, QB...all bigger needs IMO.

This team already has 4 young TE's...you dont develop them by further burying them and giving them less snaps. I'm fine rolling with Celek, McDonald and Bell, lets see what they can do with Gabbert.
No no no.. couldn't disagree more. McDonald is primarily a blocking TE.. I think Bell is better than him... McDonald was one of the worst 2nd rd picks we have ever taken

McDonald became a blocking TE because that is how the coaches chose to use him...in college he was basically a slot receiver that was a terror in the middle of the field. They lined him up everywhere like an oversized Percy Harvin.

Given regular targets, considering his athleticism I do think he can be a consistent weapon as a receiver. His athleticism alone makes him a difficult matchup, now that he has a QB that actually sees the field and will throw to him, im interested to see what he can do.
Share 49ersWebzone