LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Andrew Billings DT Baylor

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No way man he's a big strong NT. He's not a 3-4 DE. If we are going DE at 7 it better be Buckner...I know you a lillte bias being a Baylor fan

Give me a QB or stud 3-4 DE over him anyday...and I'm a billings fan, he's just not gonna play enough to warrent a top 7 pick maybe in a draft down? Or a trade back up?

I could see him being able to play DE. I don't think he'd have the agility you'd want to rush the passer but if he can bullrush Id he could play anywhere lined up inside
6"1' is too short to play DE in a 3-4. I really like that size to play NT because his lower center of gravity allows him to anchor the middle of the line and get up under those interior linemen, but you want someone 6' 3" with long arms or taller at the end spots.

This^ I was gonna say the same thing 6-1 33 inch arms and 300 lbs is not what you want as a 3-4 DE.
6"1' is too short to play DE in a 3-4. I really like that size to play NT because his lower center of gravity allows him to anchor the middle of the line and get up under those interior linemen, but you want someone 6' 3" with long arms or taller at the end spots.

Good points, I agree his body frame is not ideal at DE but he might be so strong he still would be disruptive.

Can't throw out might when your drafting them at 7th...he's a NT and could be a real good one but you just don't spend that 7th pick on one over QB, LB, or a stud 3-4 DE.

You can find a NT later I mean Williams was a UDFA no way them burn a top 1st for a guy who's gonna play 50% of our D snaps.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2016 at 4:47 AM ]

Good points, I agree his body frame is not ideal at DE but he might be so strong he still would be disruptive.

Can't throw out might when your drafting them at 7th...he's a NT and could be a real good one but you just don't spend that 7th pick on one over QB, LB, or a stud 3-4 DE.

You can find a NT later I mean Williams was a UDFA no way them burn a top 1st for a guy who's gonna play 50% of our D snaps.

Would you take him in a trade back scenario? This guy is going to wreck havoc.
Used to love Billings, but I can't help but doubt a player from Baylor. It's been bust U.

If he's there in the late 2nd, I'd say go for it. But only as NT depth.

I also like Maliek Collins as NT depth though, and he's projected even lower.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 6, 2016 at 12:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Nalo9er:

Would you take him in a trade back scenario? This guy is going to wreck havoc.

all depends how far they trade back....I still think there will be better talent in the top 20 but if we some how move down that far then sure. He's a NT for us and I don't see the value in drafting someone that's not gonna be on the field more.
all depends how far they trade back....I still think there will be better talent in the top 20 but if we some how move down that far then sure. He's a NT for us and I don't see the value in drafting someone that's not gonna be on the field more.

What if he was the next Wilcox? Would you take him at 7th?

What if he was the next Wilcox? Would you take him at 7th?

You mean wilfork? Nope, considering what this team needs NT is not at the top of the list and there are a lot of good interior DL in this draft.
Yeah I meant Wilfork You'd be crazy not to take a Wilfork dude was like a lock down corner vs run. He'd eat 2 blocks forcing 1 on 1 with either Armstead or Dial who hold their own vs the run. That would shutdown the gaps between the C and G. Forcing the opponent to run East-West and allowing the LBs to play outside. I'm not saying this is who I want at 7 but I would be happy with it cause he has a HIGH floor with star written all over him at the age of 19.
Yeah I meant Wilfork You'd be crazy not to take a Wilfork dude was like a lock down corner vs run. He'd eat 2 blocks forcing 1 on 1 with either Armstead or Dial who hold their own vs the run. That would shutdown the gaps between the C and G. Forcing the opponent to run East-West and allowing the LBs to play outside. I'm not saying this is who I want at 7 but I would be happy with it cause he has a HIGH floor with star written all over him at the age of 19.

I understand the role he played Vince was also the 21st pick in the draft not 7th overall. You can find a great NT through out the draft and Williams when healthy was one of the best one's in the league.

Go look at our past NTs who were all pretty damn good and see when we drafted them.

Ice-4th round
Franklin-5th round
Williams-UDFA

Baalke isn't spending a top 10 pick on a NT especially if Williams will only possibly miss a game. This draft is deep at interior lineman....if they get wild and trade down into the late teens early 20s then sure.

Baalke isn't spending a top 10 pick on a NT

Especially not one from Baylor.

...I do love the guy & think he's going to be great, but his uniform scares me.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:32 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone